Burbank Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Burbank

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Bob's Big Boy!: Bob's a Landmark!

by Yaqui Updated Aug 27, 2010

This restaurant I found on the web because we wanted a place to have breakfast before I caught an airplane to Fort Worth. I was so ever surprised to see such a wonderful piece still standing and still in business of those by gone days. The décor still gleam the 40 is to 50’s design. Lots of places to eat and the booths are huge. Has those wonderful bar stools to sit up at the counter if you choose to. They have a neat display case with all kinds of Big Boy memorabilia too. The service was FAST, food was good, and at a great prices.

Papoo's Hot Dog Show: Another City Landmark

by Yaqui Updated Aug 27, 2010

We noticed this place right across the street from Bob’s Big Boy and said we would try it out when I return from my trip. So we did and we not disappointed. It is not a fancy place and is rather small, yet it is charming. We enjoyed our Hot Dogs and enjoyed some of the historical pictures on the wall. The service was good, but was a tad pricey. Still a very nice visit.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Bob's Big Boy: History With Your Lunch

by Basaic Written Sep 23, 2007

Okay so I might not normally put a chain restaurant in here but this particular Bob's Big Boy is different. This restaurant was built in 1949 by locals Scott MacDonald and Ward Albert and is the oldest remaining Bob's Family Restaurant in the United States. It has been declared a California Point of Historical Interest. The decor is retro to the 50s. Service was attentive and professional and the food was fine. It was featured in the movies "Heat" and "Austin Powers the Spy Who Shagged Me".

Favorite Dish: I had the Liver and Onions and my friends had the Super Big Boy Combo. We were all very pleased with our food.

Bob's Big Boy Historical Sign Bob, Brian and I

Great Grill: Back To The 50's

by Yaqui Updated Jul 20, 2012

We stopped into here to sit and have a soda. It is a really fun place. Lots to look at and a very relaxing place we enjoyed.

Mon - Thurs: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM
    Friday: 07:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Saturday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM
    Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Hooters: Great Wings and Things

by Basaic Written Sep 20, 2007

Hooters is famous for its wings, its chili, and its attractive young women dressed in white
    t-shirts and orange short shorts. The one in Burbank also had a young man working there too.

Favorite Dish: My friend had wings (which he proclaimed "great") and I had some excellent clam chowder.

Hooters Brian and Nicola at Hooter Tara, Kellie and I Anelia and I
    • Business Travel
    • Singles

Market City: Great Ambience Outdoor Dining

by GracesTrips Written Feb 17, 2008

Italian Cuisine, sandwiches and salads. In downtown Burbank, the outdoor seating area with heaters provides a great vantage point to people watch and enjoy good food. The doughy bread sticks served at the table is freshly made and warm. The waiter should offer you balsamic vinegar for your bread along with the olive oil already at the table.

Favorite Dish: Today, I had the ravioli of the day - sweet potato. Ummm, ummm! Very delicious with a delicate alfredo sauce. It went well with the glass of Pinot Grigio I ordered.

Sweet Potato Ravioli

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Pomodoro Cucina Italiana: Italian Cuisine - Not bad for Mall Food!

by GracesTrips Written Nov 23, 2007

If you go shopping at the Burbank Town Center, they will have your typical mall food court like everywhere else. But, this mall also has a few pretty good restaurants connected to the mall such as P.F. Changs and this one, Pomodoro Cucina Italiana. It's connected to the shopping center but you have to exit the indoor part of the mall to get to it. It will be listed on the mall directory to point you in the right direction.

Favorite Dish: I don't have a favorite but what we had today was pretty good. I ordered a 1/2 order of spinach ravioli with a gorgonzola sauce for $5.50. A side salad (delicious!) for $2.79. My boyfriend ordered the Conchiglie Salsiccia which came with a choice of salad or soup for $8.75. These are the lunch prices. They bring fresh bread to your table and a wonderful pesto type sauce with lots of olive oil for your bread dipping.

Conchiglie Salsiccia Ravioli Di Magro half order Side Mista Salad Sign from inside the mall Inside the restaurant

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Season Thai Cuisine: Ummm, Thai Food!

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 29, 2009

Ever since I went to Thailand, I just can't get enough Thai food. And, luckily, we have lots of Thai food restaurants here in SoCal! This was a very tiny restaurant on a side street off San Fernando Road which is a main shopping area. The lunch menu is only $6.25 and provides a salad, entree, rice and a piece of fried won ton. I had the green curry with chicken. You can select the kind of meat you want. The curry was very delicious.

Green Curry with Chicken from the Lunch Menu

Burbank Bar and Grill: Bar and Grill and Sorta Sports Bar

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 12, 2009

The food is not fantastic but good and they give you plenty. Restaurant is accessible from street level but actually situated up on the second floor. Indoor and patio areas for dining and some big screens located in the restaurant to view sports.

Chicken Wrap with Avocado and Onion Rings Filet Tip Sandwich and French Fries

• iclee's Profile Photo

The Castaway: Amazing view

by iclee Updated Apr 4, 2011

Went to this resto to accompany a friend who wants to inquire about banquet services. The view was superb. I can twinkling lights as far as the eye can see. There were open fire pits surrounded by chairs. I can see wood beams exposed on the ceiling.

Menu listing: The usual shrimp cocktail (US$9.95), new england clam chowder ($4.95), onion soup ($5.95), cobb salad ($12.95), kobe beef burger ($9.95), fish and chips ($11.95) to name a few. To me, this is usual American fare.

We saw the function rooms. Roomy, and the view is simply breathtaking (overlooking DeBell Golf course). They have a gazebo where you can have wedding ceremony and opt to have the banquet indoor or outdoor. How cool is that?

Favorite Dish: None yet

Soothing view

Savannah - Burbank: Used to be French 75 Bistro

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

I had been here before when it was French 75 Bistro. Kinda sad it's not there anymore because they made some wonderful crepes. It's still the same owner but they have changed the restaurant into a steak and seafood place. It's very odd because there is an Arnie Morton's Steakhouse (literally) right next door. The decor is still the same, dark and lots of wood. The food is quite expensive. Take a good look at your bill when it comes. My boyfriend ordered a New York Strip for $34 but they charged us $40 for a New York Sirloin. They tried to explain the mistake but we weren't buying it. I ordered the scallops. They were cooked well but I found the dish to be a little saltier than I care for. We ordered the Ahi tuna tartar which was excellent.

I don't know if we will come back here again. I've been to Morton's before and love there food. So, next time it be definitely be Morton's for dinner.

Ahi Tuna Tartar New York Strip Scallops

Daphne's Greek Cafe: Greek Fast Food

by GracesTrips Written Sep 20, 2008

I'm not one who likes to dine at fast food restaurants but this one is different. The food is a little better in that it's healthier because not everything is fried. The prices are very reasonable. Granted it's not like going to a Greek restaurant and dining in but the food is pretty good for being served within a few minutes. Today, I ordered a chicken pita sandwich (gyro) served with some tzatziki sauce. It was just enough lunch to tie me over until dinner.

Chicken Pita Sandwich (Gyro) Greek salad with chicken

Ben's Deli: Beams with Nostalgia

by GracesTrips Updated May 11, 2008

We stumbled upon this deli by chance because we decided to check out what was going on with the police and fire departments sponsoring a community event. This also brought us to a weekly farmer's market.

We decided to have lunch here. They also serve breakfast. I ordered the pastrami sandwich and, OMG, thee best pastrami I have ever had! It was amazingly delicious. My boyfriend ordered a fish sandwich but had a bite of the pastrami and had to agree it was extremely good.

6am - 7:30pm Daily

Pastrami Sandwich with Coleslaw

• Misha_abq's Profile Photo

ChezzBurger: The Best Burger - In the Airport?!?

by Misha_abq Updated Jun 20, 2007

You can tell a great burger stand by the number of cars in the parking lot, right? Well, the ChezzBurger Stand in the A terminal (Southwest) at the Burbank Airport is no different. This discovery occurred when I returned from a grueling four days in Albuquerque and I craved comfort food-- a juicy, burger right off the grill and it had to be from this stand.

The epiphany occurred when I realized I was surrounded by six business men who were all clutching their paper tickets as tightly as me. Each of us waited patiently for our number to be called, and stared jealously when someone got their food before we did. Our regalia all looked the same, a cell phone in one hand and a laptop case by our side--although mine was pink.

Fellow travelers, I honor you with this information, this is one of the great "ground meat on a bun" secret feeding sites.

Endorsed by male gender business men around the world.

Favorite Dish: A cheese burger--of course!!!

Tap! Tap! Tap! Patiently waiting...
    • Business Travel

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Bea Bea: Make room for Bea Bea Belly

by marinarena Updated Feb 28, 2014

Come one, come all here! Come for Breakfast, come for lunch! Bea Bea is a bustling, big portion fixin' local Burbank fave joint that will stay with guest for a long time after the final bite. From an extensive Google search, a friend saw that Bea X 2 was highly rated so we decided to go with some others for a first timer feast. As an all hours breakfasty/brunch kind of joint, choose from a variety of scrumptious waffles, pancakes, crepes, omelettes, sandwiches and salads. The main problems here is deciding which delight to order at crunch time with the waiter. This was an absolute task to do for me!

The Bea x 2 menu is not ordinary American. Green tea pancakes with white chocolate chips? Apple Pecan Waffle? Yes- these are available here! What's really extraordinary here is that there are several gluten-free options- I mean even for pancakes. Wow! And also, I delight in the cute-sy names of some menu selections, like "Still in my PJS" Waffle with strawberry & bananas and "Jacinda's First Blush" 3-egg dish with strawberry french toast, bacon and potatoes.Other Bea x 2 pluses: egg white replacements for the yolk and turkey bacon- not just the pig variety.

Bea Bea has a nice, semi-hipster vibe, with a retro 70s decor. Expect tight seating at tables and at the bar, all the more snug especially during busy hours. This joint is part of a strip mall in a very neighborhood part of Burbank. nothing spectacular is right by here, so this place is the reason to come here for a somewhat out of towner like me.

Bea Bea is open from 7 AM to 4 PM. I suggest you come here just between 10-11 AM on a weekday or after 1:30 PM any day to get a table here, if you can't make it in right when the doors open- or else, squeeze in at the bar or wait a bit before a table's available.

Favorite Dish: I ended up ordering the Monte Cristo Ham and Gruyere Cheese sandwich with sweet potato fries! As Pictured!

Savory delicious, gooey with gruyere, perfectly grilled sourdough bread!

Big tasty sweet potato fries- not overly fried.

Bea Bea restaurant sandwich, Burbank, CA Bea Bea restaurant interior
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Burbank

Comments

Burbank Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Burbank restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Burbank sightseeing.