Cabrillo National Monument Restaurants

A refreshing picnic
    Back Patio--Point Loma Living Room

Most Recent Restaurants in Cabrillo National Monument

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

The Living Room Coffeehouse & Bistro: On The Way, To or From!

by lmkluque Updated Jan 8, 2012

Originally I went to this location of the Living Room Coffehouse; Bistro and European Pastries because the building was one of San Diego's oldest. Frank Jennings built his home in 1886 and from his living room he could see the Bay of San Diego. That was long before Point Loma grew and now the view is obscured unless you go up stairs.

Since 1998 the Living Room has taken posession of the house and turned it into a comfortable and unique place to have coffee or a light meal.

Now, I stop here everytime I go to the Cabrillo N.M. or to Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, either before or after, to take a break. This photo is taken from my point of view as I sit in the back patio having a Café Mocha.

There is a front patio overlooking the street, and both stories of the building are open for dining. I'm told that a few improvements are being made and soon I'll see for myself.

Favorite Dish: Café Mocha is the only thing I've ordered here, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight.

Update:

Now that I've ordered, I'll say that the food quality has been kept up and is much like the original (El Cajon Boulevard) location and I'm pleased about that.

Since my first visit I have ordered the Baked Brie with fruit plate, salad with their special Lemon Chiffon salad dressing--my favorite. I've the broccoli soup. Their soups are homemade and delicious and come with a wonderful multi-grain bread that I love. I like the beautiful, rich and succulent pastries, and always order an espresso or Café Mocha to complete my meal.

The Living Room Coffeehouse & Bistro Back Patio--Point Loma Living Room Front Patio

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Con Pane Rustic Breads & Cafe: Closed On Wednesday?

by lmkluque Updated Jan 8, 2012

You know, I avoid writing about places that I'm not satisfied with and the truth is, I'm not sure about this one yet.

Saw the sign for Con Pane Rustic Breads & Cafe on the way to Cabrillo N.M. and thought to check out their breads. Lots of my European friends are interested in good breads and so I notice places like this.

It is located on the ground floor of an office building, I didn't see any customer activity, but that didn't concern me, it was sometime between lunch and dinner hours. The place looked clean and simple so I got out of the car to check it out. I went through this door only to find another leading to the cafe and it was locked. Closed. Then I saw the sign. "Closed On Wednesday."

Closed Sunday or even Monday would be usual, but Wednesday? That was strange.

Update:

Con Pane has moved from the original location to Liberty Station. This is not too far from the old location on Rosecrans Boulevard and could still be "on your way to" Cabrillo N.M. so I'll leave the tip here.

Favorite Dish: I have heard many things about this place, in both locations. They are actually a bakery, but offer breakfast and lunch to those seeking something to eat. Mainly what I have heard is that the sandwiches are really good and worth the, sometimes, long wait to give and get the order. They serve pastries, coffee and tea as well.

I'm not much into sandwich places so haven't ordered anything, here more than once, for a picnic up at Cabrillo. The sandwich was good so I will mention it here for those who do like this type of place or who want to grab something to take up the hill.

I'll just focus on the quality of the "rustic" bread. I'll also get an updated photo too. :-)

Entrance on Rosecrans Boulevard Be Warned! Closed on Wednesday!!
    • Business Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Miguel's Cocina at Shelter Island: Great Mexican Food!

by lmkluque Updated Jan 8, 2012

Miguel's Cocina is about five miles down the hill from Cabrillo Monument, at Shelter Island. It is the second location of Miguel's Cocina in Coronado and the food is very good. They have a terrace patio and three cozy dining rooms to choose from. After exploring the Point Loma penninsula and not ready for a full meal, you might try Miguel's for Happy Hour any day in the lounge or on the heated patio between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. The view is of Shelter Island and beautiful during the setting of the sun.

Favorite Dish: Happy Hour offers drinks and appetizer type foods at a reduced price, which can serve as an inexpensive light evening meal.

A full meal that I would recommend is the Carnitas; roasted pork with sides of fresh salsa, raw onions, avocado and cilantro. Your choice of corn or flour tortillas, rice and beans.

I love 1800 shooters, just a note, all "call" drinks are regular price during Happy Hour. So, I'd suggest ordering a delicious Margarita which will be reduced in price during Happy Hour.

Miguel's Cocina
    • National/State Park
    • Business Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

A Picnic at Cabrillo!: Bring Your Own!

by lmkluque Updated Jan 8, 2012

There are no restaurants up here and it is a good idea to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy along the trail.

Of course there are restaurants down the hill, on the east side, from the Cabrillo Lighthouse, but you might enjoy the view of the bay or the breeze from the Pacific Ocean while eating a picnic lunch, it's just a matter of thinking ahead.

Favorite Dish: A thick deli sandwich or a bag of juicy fruit are my suggestion. There are a few deli's, grocery stores and if you want to really make it simple, restaurants to choose from, just down the east side of the hill you could easily stop at for provisions.

A refreshing picnic
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Cabrillo National Monument

Comments

Cabrillo National Monument Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cabrillo National Monument restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cabrillo National Monument sightseeing.

View all Cabrillo National Monument hotels