Calistoga Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Calistoga

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Calistoga Depot Railroad Station: Local Arts, Crafts, and Potpourri

by TexasDave Written Sep 28, 2009

Described as being California's oldest existing railroad depot, it now holds a variety of small shops, including a wine store, and a lunch counter. Also alongside the depot are six restored Pullman railroad cars which have also been converted into shops.

• Zenobia: Never again - rude

by JGC26 Written Apr 3, 2012

To the owner and customers of Zenobia,
    I was in Calistoga with my family shopping and i found this store and wanted to check it out. I understand smoking laws and respect them. When I hear the owner or employee tell my grandfather whose smoking to move, no problem..they have every right. It wasn't until I heard this woman continue harassing  my 81 year old grandfather (i know he can be difficult) that I felt the need to check on the situation. I walk outside to this woman lecturing my 81 year old grandfather who has dementia telling him her sob story and that she didn't want him to die too  and that his family probably feels the same way. I don't know anyone who would want to stand there and listen to that so i understand why he told her to leave him alone, he had already moved away from the store. She went on to tell my 81 year old grandfather that she was going to call the cops on him and have him arrested. I then asked this woman (knowing my grandfather has dementia, I'm his care provider) to please not make this situation worse. Then she  proceeded to tell myself, my grandfather and my 16 year old cousin who mind you said nothing this entire time that "we are ALL f*cking a$$holes" and went back into the store, appropriate? My mother and aunt were still in the store shopping so I went to tell them what happened and she harassed me as I was walking out.
     I just want:
     1. To let the owner know that she missed a sale of at least a few hundred due to her employee thinking it was ok to speak to customers that way and by showing no boundaries 2. To also let the owner know our family will never step foot into your store again 3. To let the customers know ahead of time the type of people they are dealing with.

The woman should be ashamed of herself speaking to an older man who has dementia that way and for making my 16 year old cousin feel uncomfortable. There are things you can say to people and there are things you can't, you need to learn your boundaries. There are plenty of places to shop at in napa this doesn't have to be one of them. Thanks for the awesome experience in Calistoga, Zenobia.

Instant Answers: Calistoga

Comments

Calistoga Shopping

Reviews and photos of Calistoga shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Calistoga sightseeing.