Campo Things to Do

INDIAN WOMAN???
    CAMPO INDIAN RESERVATION - LANDSCAPE

Most Recent Things to Do in Campo

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

First casino we visited in the USA

GOLDEN  ACORN  CASINO - ENTRANCE

Golden Acorn Casino was the first casino we visited in the USA.
    It seemed to be a really large casino for us that time. But during our American trip we visited much bigger ones in Las Vegas, Nevada, especially.

What was inside? 750 slots , blackjack tables, 24-hour restaurant and full service beverage lounge.
    We choose a restaurant.

Games

SLOT  MACHINES  IN  GOLDEN  ACORN  CASINO

In the casino you can choose between:
    - slot games
    - table games.
    There were very few people inside when we were there in late afternoon on Tuesday.
    We thought about trying slot machines first but finally we didn't it and we choose... a restaurant.

How to play?

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I  THINK  WE  SHOULD  READ  THE  INSTRUCTIONS!

To be honest I didn't know. Start with slot machines - it's usually simple and boring (just my opinion) but easy.
    Follow the advice from my picture: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - in English or... Spanish in Golden Acorn Casino :-)))

Learn Video Poker

SLOT  MACHINE

Goal Of The Game:
    Video poker is a versatile game combining knowledge of Poker with the excitement of slot machines and a few wild cards for extra fun. Like all forms of Poker, the goal of the game is to get the best hand possible.

Playing The Game:
    This game is so versatile that it almost qualifies as a few games rolled into one. You can play Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, All American, Joker Poker and more. Each particular game has its own strategy, characteristics and rewards.

First, choose your bet. Then click "deal". Five cards will appear on the screen, as if you were holding them in a Poker hand. Then you can decide whether to keep the cards, change some, or take a new hand, following the strategies outlined. When you win, you can also double up.

Casino run by... Indians

by matcrazy1 Updated Aug 11, 2003

GOLDEN  ACORN  CASINO

I was surprised when I got to know that Golden Acorn Casino is located on Indian territory (Campo Indian Reservation) and is run by Indian community: the Campo Band of Kumeyaay Indians.

It seems that most casinos in California are run by Indians. I wonder why? Don't they pay taxes or what?

Voice from the USA:
    Usually the only casino's that are allowed in California or most other states are built on Indian reservations. The tribes run and own the land so they can build them without being affected too much by federal or state laws. Las Vegas, Reno, Lauglin, Nevada is the huge exception.

Laguna Mountains

LANDSCAPE  SEEN  IN  FRONT  OF  THE  CASINO

Driving east of San Diego you must pass the Laguna Mountains first. The I-8 passes mountains partly rocky but mostly partly covered by grass.
    Never mind, the visibility was quite good when we drove there and the views were spectacular.
    Driving I-8 look for exits signed "VISTA POINT" = points of view.

The highest points on I-8 San Diego-Yuma:
    Laguna Summit - 4055 ft (1236 m),
    Crestwood Summit - 4190 ft (1277 m)
    Mountain Spring Pass - 3241 ft (987.9 m)

• Hiking and Walking

Campo Indian Reservation

CAMPO  INDIAN  RESERVATION  -  LANDSCAPE

Campo is located in the heart of Campo Indian Reservation.

Indian Reservation? What's that?
    It's a territory of the USA which is governed by Indian communities and have a lot of autonomy, I suppose. Am I wrong?

The Campo Indian Reservation is governed under authority of the Campo Constitution passed by the tribal community on July 13, 1975. Under the Campo Constitution the lawmaking authority for the Band is exercised by a General Council comprised of all adult members (18 & older).

The Reservation is inhabited by the Kumeyaay Indians (Nation) which extends from San Diego and Imperial Counties in California to 60 miles south of the Mexican border. The Kumeyaay are members of the Yuman language branch of the Hokan group.

They are NOT red :-)

INDIAN  WOMAN???

I never saw any Indian people in Poland. I saw them (maybe fake Indians?) on TV especially in the movies called Westerns.

For the first time in my life I could see personally quite many Indians just in Campo. Believe me: they are are not red (I mean red-skinned).
    But, are Japanese yellow-skinned? Am I white-skinned? Just checked in a mirror - hmm... not at all :-)

Indians in the United States are also called American Indian or Native American. Globally, the term Indigenous people is used increasingly for native people.

Instant Answers: Campo

Comments

Campo Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Campo things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Campo sightseeing.