Campo Transportation

• I-8 (INTERSTATE  FREEWAY)  SAN  DIEGO - YUMA
    I-8 (INTERSTATE FREEWAY) SAN DIEGO -...
    by matcrazy1
    MY BUICK CENTURY IN CAMPO
    by matcrazy1

Most Recent Transportation in Campo

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Historic US-80 Highway

by matcrazy1 Updated Aug 8, 2003

I-8 (INTERSTATE  FREEWAY)  SAN  DIEGO - YUMA

I drove a car to Campo from San Diego on the way to Yuma, Arizona. I drove Interstate Freeway 8 (I-8) which was old historic Highway US-80 in the past.

US 80 was once a transcontinental highway that went from San Diego, California to Tybee Island, Georgia. In California it went from US 101 in San Diego to the Arizona Border at Yuma - exactly my itinery hehe.

It is a road of historical note since it includes sections of the first paved road to connect San Diego with points east as well as containing the plank road that took motorists over the Algodones sand dunes east of El Centro as part of its route in 1926. US 80 remained for a longer time than many other California US highways, as it existed until 1974 when the final section of I-8 was completed.
    Almost all of it is still intact today, looking the same as it did when it still was the only highway heading east from San Diego.

Check current highway conditions in California (updated hourly): click here
    Check exits on Southern Californian freeways: click here

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Parking

by matcrazy1 Updated Aug 8, 2003

MY  BUICK  CENTURY  IN  CAMPO

There is a very large parking just in front ot Golden Acorn Casino. It was almost empty when I was there on Tuesday's afternoon in April. Driving I-8 take Crestwood Exit (exit 61) 25 minutes (30 mi = 48 km) east of Alpine.

I stopped there looking for: click here!

There are: gas station (cheaper gasoline!) and truck stop there as well.

Instant Answers: Campo

Comments

Campo Transportation

Reviews and photos of Campo transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Campo sightseeing.