Cathedral City Travel Guide

Cathedral City Things to Do

• "The New Beginning"

This lovely sculpture is of steel and glass sculpture by artist David Falossi Studios. It graces the entrance to the Civic Center and Fountain of Life.Cathedral City Chamber of Commerce68-950 Highway 111Suite 106Cathedral City, CA 92234

• The Mary Pickford Theatre

This beautiful Santa Barbara Mission-style theatre has 14-screens that provides a vintage experience along with state-of-the-art technology, featuring THX sound. Theatergoers will enjoy seats that rock and a salon which features memorabilia owned by the legendary star and theater namesake, Mary Pickford. Its very impressive from outside.

• Desert IMAX Theater

We had been holding out to see this specific movie, since my younger son just loves Mosters vs Aliends. So when we found out a IMAX theatre that was just down the street from our hotel we just had to go. Turns out it is favorite of some of my coworkers who visit this area a lot. Turns out it was a very good choice.The IMAX features one giant...

• Pickford Lizards/Fountain

These beautiful bronze statues was designed by artist: Jennifer Johnson who designed the Fountain of Life and is located in the town square by the Civic Center, City Hall & Fountain of Life.Located right in front of the Pickford Movie Theatre

• Buddy Rogers Sculpture

This beautiful bronze statue was designed by artist: George Montgomery Hollywood Cowboy Actor/Artist and is located in the town square by the Civic Center, City Hall & Fountain of Life.The plaque reads:"Charles Buddy Rogers"1904 -1999Star of Screen, StageRadio & TelevisionA great gentlemanAnd humanitarian

• “Hollywood Heroes”

This wonderful statue is located down in town square. I didn't realize that George Montgomery was more than an actor, he was a artist too. He had sponsor this beautiful bronze sculpture of his hollywood persona. I recognized it right away because I grew up watching all the old western greats with my dad.

Cathedral City Hotels

Cathedral City Off The Beaten Path

• "Eternal Flow"

This wonderful sculpture is of Stainless Steel Rings. Located right on the corner of E. Palm Canyon & Perez at Volvo Dealership. It is by artist: Mark Stasz. Cathedral City Chamberof Commerce68-950 Highway 111Suite 106Cathedral City, CA 92234

• Saguaro and Barrel Cactus

This wonderful sculptures are made of stainless steel replicas of Saguaro Cactus. Artist Eric Carroll & Richard Turner created them. Located Cathedral Canyon Drive south of Perez RoadCathedral City Chamber of Commerce68-950 Highway 111Suite 106Cathedral City, CA 92234

• "Art of Harmony"

This other wonderful mural is b y artist: Juan Chavez a Cathedral City High School Student.Located on this side of the Coca Cola Building on Perez Road and Cathedral Canyon DriveCathedral City Chamber of Commerce68-950 Highway 111Suite 106Cathedral City, CA 92234

Cathedral City Sports & Outdoors

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

by Yaqui Written May 3, 2009

This golf course is located right off from our accommodations. You can see it is all tree-lined along the fairway and there are strategically placed bunkers and lakes with the majestic San Jacinto Mountains in the backdrop. They are 27 holes and over 6,500 yards of championship golf provide challenging play for all golf lovers. Golf cars where coming and going along the road way and we were invited on many occasions to take part in a game. We didn’t because we were very busy keeping our boys entertained. Next time though:)

• Museum Visits

Cathedral City Favorites

• Groceries ~ Vons

I don't about you, but I have growing boys who are always needing food. So when we stay at resorts that have a full kitchen, we make sure to have plenty for them to snack on. We like to cook our own breakfast and sometimes dinner. So if your in town, this is located right on Hwy 111. What impressed me was all the beautiful flowers everywhere. Large...

• Civic Center ~ Town Square

The Civic Center is one the town jewel for Cathedral City and it was designed by Thomas Gordon Smith Architects. Civic Center is a 68,140 square foot Civic Center that features a City Hall, Police Station, Chamber of Commerce and is the center of the town square. Lots of yearly events happened here and it is where the beautiful Fountain of Life is...

• Parking

I was a little suprised to see such a huge parking structure. We were able to park in the smaller parking areas when visiting the fountian and movie theatres. So I am thinking they have such a huge structure is to accomodate when they have special events so people do not have to park in the busy roadways.located next to Cathedral City City Hall,...

Instant Answers: Cathedral City

Comments

Explore Deeper into Cathedral City
“Old Firehouse”