Chula Vista Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Chula Vista

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

My Local Favorite in Chula Vista

by lmkluque Updated Jun 28, 2012

Favorite thing: Chula Vista is not a place most people think of when planning a vacation, unless they have family or friends living here, but people who live here can have a "vacation" everyday without leaving their own town. Which also implies that a tourist can have a relaxing holiday in Chula Vista if they are not craving crowds.

Fondest memory: One of my favorite places in Chula Vista is the J Street Marina.

The harbor area of Chula Vista is still not completely developed, and maybe that is what makes it so nice. Off the J Street exit from I-5 going west, is a narrow strip of park, well suited for large birthday parties and every weekend that's exactly what you'll see. Beyond that are a couple of generously sized parking lots and a boat launching ramp--one of few in San Diego County. This is also a location for car conventions held occasionally to show off the pride of car clubs.

The Chula Vista Yacht Club and the Marina is next. South Bay Fish & Grill has replaced Bob's on the Bay and the Galley at the Marina is still open and very popular with live music on weekends. There are a few shops, the RV Park and then comes Bayside Park, complete with fishing pier. Anytime, day or night I enjoy myself here and though I live only a few minutes away, spending time here is like having a mini-vacation.

Sun Setting over J St. Marina
    • Beaches

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Bonita Point 76

by Agraichen Updated Jul 25, 2012

Favorite thing: A surprise from the DMV on my "new" car required me to find a place that did smog inspections. The closest I found was a 76 station about 5 miles from my home. Upon presenting my paperwork which I questioned, the person at the desk questioned it too.

Then to my surprise he said, I could do the smog but I don't think you need it. There is something wrong with the DMV paperwork so here's the address of our local DMV. If they insist come on back and we'll handle the inspection but I doubt it's needed.

This type of "honesty" is RARE these days. This location has earned my trust and I'll be back.

Fondest memory: Bonita Point 76

Lori Hupp
    RonBallard
    Cary Johnson

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Must visit the Chula Vista...

by brdwtchr Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Must visit the Chula Vista Nature Center. That was the primary purpose of my trip to Chula Vista. I did not see much else of Chula Vista but I had a great time at the nature center.

Fondest memory: Petting sharks and rays at the nature center.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Eastlake Barber Shop

by Agraichen Updated May 28, 2014

Favorite thing: With all the Salons and Spas, etc, in the Eastlake area of Chula Vista, a surprising new venue has opened in the Rolling Hills section near San Miguel Ranch. This venue is a real "old fashion" Barber Shop.

This 7 chair shop has just opened in 2014 and is doing what looks like an excellent business. The barbers are articulate and the prices are very reasonable. Men's haircuts start at $15.00

2334 Proctor Valley Road, Ste 105
    Chula Vista, CA 91914
    www.eastlakebarbershop.com

Tel 619-271-1861
    Fax 619-271-2073

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Chula Vista Marina

by shrimp56 Updated Apr 16, 2005

Favorite thing: There are two restaurants with good views of the marina -- Galley at the Marina is the one with lower prices and the same view!! The other is Bob's on the Bay.

Chula Vista Marina

Instant Answers: Chula Vista

Comments

Chula Vista Favorites

lmkluque's Profile Photo

Chula Vista  Favorites:  As a category is the place to share what we like most about Chula Vista.. These tips will be more personal to the...