Know about this? Rate It!
This is how the building looks...
This is how the building looks at the nature center. There is an educational museum inside. Hiking tours for bird watching are held on Wednesdays and weekends at 2:00 pm. Behind the center is an aviary where you can walk inside an enclosure with a variety of local birds.
You may need to enlarge this...
You may need to enlarge this picture to see it properly. The little blonde girl is petting a sting ray. In the water nearby is a leopard shark bigger than the girl and a horned shark about a meter in length. Petting sharks and rays is the purpose of this pool. I think the point is to help people lose fear of these creatures. The animals are safe to touch. The species of shark in the pool are not a kind that bite. They have teeth that are flattened out for a different purpose. The sting has been removed from the tail of the stingray. The stingray seemed to be the friendlist. When it was close to a person it would practically rise out of the water for a scratch on the back. It was interesting to feel the different textures of skin on these creatures.
The main reason I went to...
The main reason I went to Chula Vista Nature Center was to see birds. I saw lots of birds there and was not disappointed.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Fiesta Island Hotels
- Seaton Carew Hotels
- Buena Park Hotels
- Half Moon Bay
- Pensacola Beach
- Boca Raton Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path