Know about this? Rate It!
You may need to enlarge this...
You may need to enlarge this picture to see it properly. The little blonde girl is petting a sting ray. In the water nearby is a leopard shark bigger than the girl and a horned shark about a meter in length. Petting sharks and rays is the purpose of this pool. I think the point is to help people lose fear of these creatures. The animals are safe to touch. The species of shark in the pool are not a kind that bite. They have teeth that are flattened out for a different purpose. The sting has been removed from the tail of the stingray. The stingray seemed to be the friendlist. When it was close to a person it would practically rise out of the water for a scratch on the back. It was interesting to feel the different textures of skin on these creatures.
This is how the building looks...
This is how the building looks at the nature center. There is an educational museum inside. Hiking tours for bird watching are held on Wednesdays and weekends at 2:00 pm. Behind the center is an aviary where you can walk inside an enclosure with a variety of local birds.
The main reason I went to...
The main reason I went to Chula Vista Nature Center was to see birds. I saw lots of birds there and was not disappointed.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cibinong Hotels
- Horicon National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Monaragala Hotels
- Isola di Procida
- Upper Arley Hotels
- Chile Off The Beaten Path
- Bled Off The Beaten Path
- Cantone Ticino Off The Beaten Path
- Bangkok Off The Beaten Path
- Green Sand Beach
- Alcântara Off The Beaten Path
- Nin Off The Beaten Path
- Caracas Off The Beaten Path
- State of Western Australia Off The Beaten Path
- Sequoia National Park Off The Beaten Path
- River Spree, Wannsee and Havel Lakes