Galley at the Marina, Chula Vista

3.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

500 Marina Parkway (619) 422-5714

• Galley At The Marina, Chula Vista California: Sentimental Favorite

by Chesterboy Written Nov 8, 2013

Every year after the Holidays my husband and I take an RV trip to Chula Vista California. When we arrive we cannot wait to get to this local GEM for the best fish tacos we've ever had! Service is great, prices are decent, awesome views, go there!!!

Favorite Dish: Fish Tacos

• Travel with Pets
    • Beaches

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Galley at the Marina: Ocean Harbor view

by Agraichen Written Jul 16, 2012

Trying to "branch out" in our new home location, we went driving to the marina area and found a couple places right on the water. Checking our local ratings one didn't fare so well so we chose the Galley at the Marina.

The location is great with a nice view of the Chula Vista marina. Plenty of outdoor seating was available and although we didn't go in, the bar looked like it had a local "crowd."

The menu was rather typical with everything from burgers to seafood.

Favorite Dish: I choose the soup and salad. The caesar was good, but not great as was the clam chowder. I'd have it again. My wife had a burger which she said was ok but not great (we're very finiky burger and beer people). It's very hard to find a restaurant to follow "very crispy fries" instructions.

As we were eating a plate of Fish 'n Chips went past. It looked wonderful so we'll have to come back and give that a try.

• Water Sports

• galley at the marina: not going to try again

by sdzhere6 Written Jul 12, 2012

This was my first time eating there... they must not want a return customer... I had the fish and chips, the chips/fries were fine it was the soggy coleslaw and the greasy fish.
    the oil used was maybe not hot enough or dirty oil.
    I didn't taste fish.
    I will not eat there again...
    my friend had a salad, and a bowl of clam chowder... the salad looked a bit wilty... from the night before.

Favorite Dish: I won't be trying another

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Galley at the Marina: A Local Hang Out

by lmkluque Updated Jun 26, 2012

Front View

When the building was constructed and a restaurant opened up at the J Street Marina, it was a big disappointment to me. It seemed that the menu offered breakfast in the morning and unremarkable sandwhiches for the early afternoon. Such a waste for the spectacular location and of course the business didn't succeed.

Several years later some creative soul transformed the place into a relaxing, waterfront restaurant with a menu to please most people. It seems that Fran, the widow of Bill Muncey, a speedboat racing champion, had the imagination to see what her Galley At The Marina could be and she prevailed!

This comfortable restaurant right on the bay, overlooking the marina has a moderately priced menu, a great deal at Happy Hour and Tuesday, she offers, 'Spaghetti-Night,' all you can eat spaghetti for $6.95. Then on Thursday, it's 'Fish and Chips night,' all you can eat fish and chips for $6.95.

You may dine inside or out, the view is charming and every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night local talent provides live music for an entertaining evening on the bay.

Favorite Dish: Order what you like, for me it's Fish and Chips, Cobb Salad, Potato Skins, Jalapeno Poppers, Bloody Mary or in the evening a delicious martini. (Not necessarily all at the same time.)

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Galley at the Marina: Lovely view, good food at a nice price:)

by shrimp56 Written Mar 23, 2004

A nicely priced meal with a view of the Chula Vista Marina. We ate on the outside deck and enjoyed the fresh air with our well-prepared and tasty meal.

Favorite Dish: Linda swears by the fish & chips -- I had the mango chicken breast sandwich.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Galley at the Marina: It's the FOOD!!!

by shrimp56 Updated Mar 24, 2004

In the foreground is my mango chicken breast sandwich -- behind are Linda's fish & chips.

Favorite Dish: The one I had :)))

Instant Answers: Chula Vista

Comments

Hotels Near Galley at the Marina
4.0 out of 5 stars