Stores, Malls or Markets in Chula Vista

Most Viewed Shopping in Chula Vista

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Designer Fabric: Fanciest Fabric in Plain Wrapper!

by LauraWest Updated Nov 14, 2005

In a large,former bank building in a locale you would never suspect a huge selection of very fancy, expensive fabrics and trims to be sold, my daughter and I found this shop last weekend. It was Saturday but it wasn't crowded with people, just full of incredible fabric. To us, it was like a museum of beautiful treasures we would never own.

We each bought a small piece of fabric. I will make two scarves with my yard. If I wanted to sew an exquisite evening dress or bride's dress, this would be the shop to choose! The choice is amazing. If you sew, you should look here, if you are visiting the area.

What to pay: Most FABRIC WAS $29, TO OVER A HUNDRED DOLLARS, A YARD!! Yes, we were very surprised, since this area is very working class and so close to Mexico, too.

• Women's Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Chula Vista Center: The Shopping Mall

by lmkluque Updated Jun 28, 2012

This is the largest shopping center in Chula Vista and the biggest stores are Sears, J.C. Penny's and Macy's. There are lots of specialty shops for men, women and children, the home, shoe stores, book stores, a food court as well as several restaurants even a Carousel priced at a dollar a ride.

The Ultra Star Cinema is quite popular and offers reduced prices all day on Tuesday.

What to buy: Not a mall shopper myself, I can't advise. However, this two level shopping center has recently had a do-over and seems perkier.

I can mention that See's Candies has had a shop here since the shopping center first opened, many moons ago and until experiencing Belgian chocolates, I thought See's to be the best of all. Mainly I come to this shopping center for a meal in one of the restaurants and sometimes to go to Anna's, a discount store offering items for the home.

• Business Travel

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Chula Vista Farmer's Market

by LauraWest Written Feb 11, 2006

a small outdoor farmer's market with great deals on fresh flowers, local foods, crafts and produce --- open year round on Thursdays, from 3 to 7 p.m.

Low key, relaxed shopping when I went in November

What to pay: 50 cents for a flower and lower than most food markets for lovely produce

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

M&M Jewelers: Home Town Shopping

by Agraichen Written Jan 22, 2013

In need of a watch battery we started our search in the "down town" section of Chula Vista. As we are new to the area this seemed to be the logical place. Third Street seems to be the main "downtown area" and it appears to be a bit haggard but under reconstruction.

The shop we were looking for was closed but across the street was M&M Jewelers and they were still open and advertised watch battery replacement.

Upon entering we were pleasantly greeted and our batter replacement was accomplished in minutes for only $5.00. Upon questioning we discovered they even hanled some high end brands.

What to buy: Vintage jewlery and coins

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Ashley Furniture Homestore: Cheap Furniture

by Agraichen Written Jul 12, 2012

Housed in the "Showroom Place" area of the Eastlake section of Chula Vista this home furnishings store has quite a large showroom. They carry pretty much anything you could want to furnish a home at "discount" prices. They are willing to negotiate on volume however you MUST be quite careful about your selection.

Moving into a new home and leaving my (old) built-in desk behind I needed office furniture. Custom built was more expensive than a leading brand store, but that store was rather pricey too. Ashley had the furniture but after a 3 week wait, the delivered product is disappointing. The saying "you get what you pay for" certainly was true and their "customer service" is quite bad. I'm now having to wait over 3 weeks for "a technician to evaluate" the issue of a drawer not working in the file cabinet.

What to buy: Any furniture or lighting for the home.

What to pay: Less than better know Brand Stores, but you must be careful of the selection as you can "get what you pay for."

Chula Vista Hotels

Latest: Feb 26, 2014
Vagabond Inn Chula Vista
Latest: Mar 11, 2014

Instant Answers: Chula Vista

Comments

Chula Vista Shopping

lmkluque's Profile Photo

The best places to shop in Chula Vista would be The Chula Vista Center, a mall located off H Street between Fifth Avenue and Broadway.  The newest, other major shopping center...

Map of Chula Vista