Automobile, Chula Vista

Know about this? Rate It!

• EXCLUSIVE  FOR  HANDICAPPED  BY  WAL-MART
    EXCLUSIVE FOR HANDICAPPED BY ...
    by matcrazy1
    TRAFFIC IN CHULA VISTA
    by matcrazy1
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Never, never park here !

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 28, 2004

EXCLUSIVE  FOR  HANDICAPPED  BY  WAL-MART

Never, never park your car on places for handicapped unless you are entitled.
    This is:
    1. forbidden by law.
    2. ticketed (is it correct in English?) of as I remember $381. Why not, say, $400? Never mind, it hurts.
    3. socially unacceptable.

Hmmm... what a nice difference with my own homecountry. Shame on Poland, hmmm... I do hope it will improve in my homecountry soon.

From my friend Chris (balfor) from Atlanta, Georgia, USA:
    Yes, you can be ticketed (that is a correct term, you may also see it as being fined instead of being ticketed).
    THANK YOU Chris :-).

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Car country, baby!

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 15, 2003

TRAFFIC IN CHULA VISTA

It seems that Chula Vistans (is it correct ? :-) must have a car just to drive to work, to store/supermarket, to visit their families, friends, to pick up their kids to/from school etc.

There is a public transportation (buses) but it doesn't cover the whole, huge residential area. So, they would look at me a little strange when I would go to do shopping in Wal-Mart by a public bus hehe. Am I wrong? Should I try? HEHE!

From my friend Ann from California:
    We are even more reliant on cars in California cities than other urban areas of the U.S. If only we would observe the Europeans more.

I'd much rather commute on public transportation than be stuck in traffic. It's possible, but just not convenient. When I lived in Philadelpia and commuted to the downtown area, one would never think of driving a car there. There were many modes of transportation, bus, train, subway, elevated line etc., fairly cheap and convenient. Some of the other major U.S. cities are the same way, New York, Chicago, etc.

But Californians love their cars (not me), it's just the way it is. It's too bad they market such large, gas guzzling vehicles, then we wonder why pollution is terrible.

Instant Answers: Chula Vista

Comments

Other Transportation in Chula Vista