Know about this? Rate It!
Mini-Parks on First Street
Orange Avenue ends at a nice little park with a view across the Bay of the SD skyline.
However, a little known fact, even to San Diegans, is that there are small plots of land between the homes on the bayside of First Street in Coronado, just west of this larger park, where mini-parks with similar great views of the Bay and these are open to the public.
These parks are usually quiet and restful. Perfect for looking across the bay at downtown San Diego.
If you didn't come prepared to take advantage of this perfect picnic spot, there is a Von's grocery store a few blocks down First Street. At Vons, you can buy something from the deli or any items from the shelves you'd like for a picnic.
These mini parks could also be a good spot to watch the fire works display on the Fourth of July or during a Bay event like the America's Cup. I'm not sure how crowded it would be with locals, but might be worth a try.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Budget Travel
Ocean Bay Views from Peohe's Restaurant
This marina is tucked near the Coronado Ferry Landing. They actual have a marina so guest can sail in and dock their own boats on their moors. Or it is available for a water taxi to drop off their guest. Either way, it is a gorgeous view none the less.
1201 First Street, Coronado, CA 92118
Located at the "Coronado Ferry Landing" in Coronado. Take I-5 to the Coronado Bridge. Turn right on Orange Avenue. Go to the end and turn right on First Street. Look for the Peohe’s sign on your left, then turn into the parking lot.
- Family Travel
- Historical Travel
- Road Trip
Point Loma is a rocky peninsula north of San Diego downtown which is seen from Coronado Beach.
There is Cabrillo National Monument there - it's a place where the first Europeans come. Add amazing views with possibility of watching whales especially from November till March. Add small lovely lighthouse.
- Road Trip
- Whale Watching
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Coronado Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Broome Hotels
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Centurion Hotels
- Harrogate Hotels
- San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Monterey Off The Beaten Path
- Bikaner Off The Beaten Path
- Shillong Off The Beaten Path
- Victoria Off The Beaten Path
- Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Bermuda Off The Beaten Path
- Beijing Off The Beaten Path
- Niagara Falls Off The Beaten Path