I was in Coronado on 12 April 2003 (just before fantastic VT-meeting in Oceanside) - on Saturday before midday. It was not crowded area that weekend day.
But there was (not very long) line to The Sun Deck Bar and Grill in front of Hotel Del Coronado. So, I am afraid that it maybe crowded area in summer weekends. Am I wrong?
Maybe better to go there out of the high season!
From LINDA (lmqluque):
The Hotel Del is not usually too crowded because it is a hotel and there is room enough for it's guests. Most people you saw were guests of the hotel. As you noted, the prices are high at the restaurants and most people who can't afford to stay at the hotel don't eat there. I used to eat there quite often and think the higher price is worth it when considering the atmosphere.
- Family Travel
- Road Trip
- Adventure Travel
1060 Adella Avenue, Coronado, California, 92118, United States
Good for: Solo
1017 Park Place, At Orange Ave., Coronado, California, 92118, United States
Good for: Business
The cities of San Diego and Coronado owe a debt of gratitude to John D. Spreckels, heir to the...more
Latest Coronado Hotel Reviews
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- El Rancho Motel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Coronado Beach Resort
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Glorietta Bay Inn
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Marriott Coronado Island Resort
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Hotel del Coronado
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 12 Reviews
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Bishkek Warnings and Dangers
- Pulau Nias Warnings and Dangers
- Altitude Sickness
- Mississippi Warnings and Dangers
- Lhasa Warnings and Dangers
- Gatlinburg Warnings and Dangers
- Money & Exchange
- Kotor Warnings and Dangers
- Helsinki Warnings and Dangers
- Sarasota Warnings and Dangers
- Kyrenia Warnings and Dangers
- Tehachapi Warnings and Dangers