Costa Mesa Things to Do

• bridge connecting parts of South Coast Plaza(CA)
    bridge connecting parts of South Coast...
    by marinarena
    The Lab Anti-Mall, Costa Mesa (CA)
    by marinarena
  • Things to Do
    by Yaqui

Most Recent Things to Do in Costa Mesa

• Massage at Massage Envy

by ahimsadesi Written Dec 26, 2006

Ever wanted to pay a flat monthly fee for a massage subscription? It sounds like a great idea, and now you can do just that at a new franchise chain called Massage Envy. They have locations in several states around the United States, with many more slated to open soon.

This was my first visit so not only did I not have to be a member already but I also only paid half the normal rate for my massage. At that price, it was worth checking out at least once.

To my surprise, I requested a 90-minute session of both deep tissue and trigger point massage and received it. Ok, the actual bodywork was only 70 minutes, which was a little disappointing even though I spent a couple of minutes in the bathroom beforehand. Usually, there is supposed to be 5 minutes for dressing/undressing and another 5 minutes for Q & A with the masseuse to understand your specific needs.

Speaking of whom, my masseuse was a wonderful and very accommodating girl who asked questions as she was going along to make sure she was hitting the right spots with just the right pressure. She asked me to disrobe only to the extent I felt comfortable, which I did completely since I think it makes the work that much easier. She then described what each would be doing on each area of my body before she did it and kept the room very comfortable by dimming the lights and speaking softly.

Afterward I started to feel a little bit sick, but this was just some residual detox from the deep tissue massage, which does tend to release toxins. But whatever type of massage you go for, make sure to drink plenty of water and take ample rest for several hours after the massage so your body can receive the most benefit from the bodywork.

Finally, tipping of 15-25% is still expected on top of the flat fee for the massage, and there is even a printed tipping guide in the front to make that easier. It does make it that much more expensive of course, so you may consider swapping a rub down with a friend or significant other instead to get your chi flowing on the cheap.

• Luxury Travel

• marinarena's Profile Photo

See Any Show at the Segerstrom!

by marinarena Updated Sep 19, 2006

O.C Performing Arts Center/ Segerstrom Hall

This is an absolutely gorgeous venue, perhaps the best in the county. I saw La Bohème here in 2002. Most of the performances here are classical concerts/opera and musicals but performers like Mariah Carey and comedian Bill Cosby have also been here to entertain. Check the website for the latest schedule of acts.

You will fall in love with the crystal interior inside! The beautiful auditorium is newly opened in fall 2006 is somehow looking even more fabulous! Take a date here and maybe he or she will fall in love with you!!

Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa (California) view of Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa
    • Theater Travel
    • Music
    • Architecture

• RowanGBR's Profile Photo

Drive up and down the Pacific Coastal Highway!!

by RowanGBR Written Feb 9, 2003

During the first few months of living in Costa Mesa I spent many hours driving up and down PCH stopping along the way at various beaches and cafes.

If you can get out of bed before 6 watching the sun rise and spill over the ocean is beautiful. Luckily my drive to work was up PCH so I had the pleasure of watching this everyday.

The road is lined by palm trees, which look slightly surreal, especially when they have just been planted and haven't yet been "unwrapped".

Surreal Trees!

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

I am getting a henna tatoo on...

by neopetsfan Written Sep 12, 2002

I am getting a henna tatoo on the fair. It should stay on my leg for 3 weeks but because I was swimming almost every day it only lasted for 1 week.

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

On this picture you see how...

by neopetsfan Written Sep 12, 2002

On this picture you see how they shave the sheep, my grandpa is a farmer who shaves his own sheep but he never did it like this. He is using an electric shaver and puts the sheep on their back between his legs. The way they are doing it on the picture is much nicer for the sheep and the back of the farmer.

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

On the fair there was a...

by neopetsfan Written Sep 12, 2002

On the fair there was a building where all the local authorities had there own stand. Here you see me with a local police-officer.

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

looking and cuddling the...

by neopetsfan Written Feb 25, 2003

looking and cuddling the animals at the Fair.
    The Fair is a nice way to meet te locals.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Costa Mesa

Comments

Costa Mesa Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Costa Mesa things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Costa Mesa sightseeing.