El Segundo Restaurants

Wounded Warrior Project

Most Recent Restaurants in El Segundo

Carrasco's: Great Food at My Hotel

Carrasco's

The décor was nothing to get excited about; but the waiters looked fancy in dress shirts and ties. The menu was varied with seafood and some European dishes. Carrasco's is associated with the Hacienda Hotel. My Sole Stuffed with Crab Meat was quite good. $15 as of October 2012.

Favorite Dish: Sole Stuffed with Crabmeat.

• Business Travel

Malibu Fish Grill: Great Seafood

Malibu Fish Grill

The decor was not so great but the service was quick and the food excellent. They advertise that they serve only hormone-free chicken, fresh seafood, and NO trans-fat. Best food I had in town. I had Clam Chowder and Cajun Grilled Catfish with a side of Rice Pilaf and fruit salad; it was all very good. $20 as of October 2012.

Favorite Dish: Great Cajun Catfish! Had a kick like it should.

Rock and Brews: Good Music and Beer

Rock and Brews

Nice place to sit on the patio, listen to the music, and eat bar style food (burgers, pizza, fish and chips). They also have a number of types of beer available. Décor includes a number of posters of Rock and Rollers from the 70s and 80s (think Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin and Motley Crue), and a poster for Wounded Warriors. Since it was Halloween the waitresses were in costume and most quite cute. For some reason the waiters were not really in costume (I guess they were cute too, I am not a good judge of cute as per guys). My fish and chips was pretty good; but the best thing was hanging out with the VTers!

• Beer Tasting

• supune's Profile Photo

Veggie Grill: Cool Veggie place serves really good "ham"burgers

by supune Updated Nov 24, 2009

This place is pretty nice and is always full of people. It's gaining popularity every day. They serve sandwiches and salads and is a good place to grab a healthy meal if you feel like a hamburger. All the meals are completely vegan but you won't miss the meaty flavor and feel of the food. The portions are filling and very tasty and the ingredients are top quality.

Favorite Dish: I like the V-burger (vegetarian burger that you can't guess it was not meat unless you were told), the Bali Blast a tropical tempeh (soy and rice mixed patty) sandddwich, and the Island Getaway (another tempeh sandwich with coconut and pineapples).

For desert they have a pricey but good pumpkin "cheese" cake. It's not really cheese since they serve Vegan meals. It's probably made of some soy cream.

I'm not a vegan but I do enjoy Vegan cuisine

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Open Sesame: yum!

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Jul 30, 2009
    falafel

It's great to have a NEW restaurant in the South Bay! Open Sesame is great for lunch or a casual dinner. Located in Manhattan Village, it is perfect stop after a long day of shopping. Nice service, great food and an outdoor patio make this a perfect spot!

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Teresa's Mosaic Cafe: Good Mexican food at good prices

by Lizchiq Written Mar 31, 2009

Teresa's is a fun little Mexican restaurant in a tiny strip mall off of Sepulveda Blvd in El Segundo, just south of LAX airport. They have a wide array of Mexican food, all at pretty decent prices. Their lunch special is just $8.75 and includes a 2-item combo with rice, beans and a drink.

I like this place for lunch and dinner. It's not as crowded at dinnertime, which is nice. My only complaint about the restaurant is that their seafood selection is small. I really enjoy Mexican food that incorporates 'mariscos y pescado' (shellfish and fish).

The margaritas are good- they have a decent Tequila selection.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoy the sweet corn tamales as well as the Sonoran style shrimp dish. Just make sure you're comfortable peeling shrimp. Delicious!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Great Steak House

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 17, 2008

Plan on spending a lot of money to eat at this restaurant. Dinner for two will be over $100. Nice features about this restaurant, they have excellent quality of meat and they know how to cook it. They have 100 wines by the glass available. All side dishes are purchased separately unless indicated on your menu selection. The sides are enough for about 2 - 3 people. If you go to Fleming's, make sure to order the Fleming's Potatoes. Their specialty with cream, jalapenos and cheddar cheese. This is not spicy hot - just the good flavor of the jalapenos. If I can eat it, then anyone can eat it. The ambience is nice, elegant - a bit dark and also a tad noisy. So, it's a great place to go with friends. If romantic is what you are looking for, ask the host/hostess to put you in a corner.

• Luxury Travel

• RheaM's Profile Photo

Farm Stand: Great Food, Great Atmosphere!

by RheaM Written Feb 28, 2008

Farm Stand is a really cute place in downtown El Segundo. It's pretty popular among locals in the area.

The concept is Urban Farm Food. I know it sounds confusing but imagine a home cooked meat loaf with a California Fusion twist. The food here is pretty good and the decor is down right charming! The restaurants is not big and can get busy so I highly recomend a reservation. I went there for a company lunch and they have a great outdoor dining area with a long table and benches- super cute! The outdoor sections is "outdoor but covered". The restaurant has galvanized tin accesories and a nice mix of red/cowprint fabrics. They also hve a bar but I think they only serve beer and wine.

I really have had a great experience everytime I have been here.

Favorite Dish: I really like their Caprese Sandwhich, the mozzerella was fresh and thickly cut. No matter what you get make sure you get the shoestring fries. They are so good!! You get a HUGE pile of salt and peppered shoe strings that you couldn't possibly finish. I felt like a ate so many of them and my plate looked untouched.

They also have some pretty good health conscious items!

• Wine Tasting

La Sirena Grill: Healthy Tasty Mexican

by heryanta Written Feb 23, 2008

A new addition to the somewhat posh El Segundo Plaza La Sirena Grill has become one of my favourite healthy Mexican restaurant.

Food - very good
    Start the treat with their green (homemade?) salsa that they provide with the tortilla chips. Then proceed to order their healthy seared ahi wet burrito - the carne asada version is tasty too!

Service - very good
    Left nothing to be desired. They've got a good waiters-tables ratio

Decor - good
    I'm not totally crazy with the form of building at plaza el segundo. To me the buildings there are boring rectangular brick warehouses. La Sirena has done well though; inside the ambiance is cozy and a little rustic; there are enough distance between the tables and the booths.

Price - good
    Pricey yet reasonable. It's a more expensive option to 'traditional' restaurants like El Tarasco but La Sirena is a nice sit-down place and I have no problem forking out $15 for a nice lunch here.

Overall - good
    Definitely a regular choice of mine now for a nice lunch

Farm Stand: Best of El Segundo

by heryanta Written Feb 10, 2008

One of the more recent addition to the growing number of restaurant at El Segundo main street Farm Stand is a gem.

Food - superb
    This restaurant offers a rather upscale healthy & eclectic menu. I had their halibut with yellow pepper sauce which was just delicious. The ingredients were very fresh and with their extensive menu there will be something for everyone.
    My friends who had the salmon salad (huge) and their chicken salad were also pleased with their food.

Ambiance - very good
    Unlike most of the restaurants on main street El Segundo which are more 'lunch places' this one is a nice 'sit-down' place. The interior looks cheery and the modern.

Service - very good
    Very patient and attentive service; patiently taking our request for substitutions and never left our glasses empty.

Price - average
    An average quality for money as my lunch cost me $20

Overall - very good
    Definitely my new favourite restaurant in El Segundo

Big Mike's: Cheesesteak!!

by heryanta Written Aug 21, 2007

One of my favourite lunch spots Big Mike is well known for its big, cheesy, delicious cheesesteak. Now I've never been to Philadelphia to try the 'real' stuff but the cheesesteak here is the best among the numerous ones I've had in California.
    The steak is tender, cheese is creamy and the hot peppers are fresh and tasty.

To complement the sub you can have either cheesefries or garlic fries.

Big Mike's has other items on the menu like salad, meat place and the likes but I can't comment on them as each time I went I went for the same thing: the delicious cheesesteak!

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Indian Summer: If you must have Indian...

by heryanta Written Aug 17, 2007

Ok if you MUST have Indian food and you can't go outside El Segundo then I suppose this place is alright. However, I don't recommend it to anyone.

Went here for lunch and had a go at their lunch buffet. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible but I'd say only two items of the whole buffet was worth paying: the chicken kebob and the biryani rice.

The rest of the food ... well, you might as well just buy frozen meal from the supermarket and nuke them. We gave them another chance, this time it was delivery for a late night at the office. It's pretty much the same deal: edible, but not worth it.

Cozymel's: Californian Mexican

by heryanta Written Aug 16, 2007

Cozymel's is a good place for after work drinks and snacks if you need to accommodate many people with different taste and diet requirement.

Even though they market themselves as 'Authentic Mexican Grill' according to my Mexican friends this restaurant is closer to being Californian than Mexican.

I don't mind it though; I think they have a very wide menu: vegetarian, chicken, pork, seafood in taco's, burritos, steak, etc; and more importantly I think they taste good.

Full bar with rather famous margarita's as my female colleagues always get excited about it when we are planning to go there.

The Hummus Factory: A healthy alternative

by heryanta Written Aug 10, 2007

The hummus factory offers a low fat healthy lunch option for people of El Segundo.

Went there with a few colleagues and they all liked it a lot. I'm not a fan of hummus myself so I wasn't very pleased. The menu that they offer include several different hummus dish (olive oil, red pepper), kebab, falafel, lamb with rice, tsatsiki, sandwiches and soup.

So I'd say if you are into hummus and healthy lunches come and try it out; as all of my colleagues who are like that always recommend this restaurant. However if you don't then stay away as I find the food rather blend :p

El Segundo Fish Co.: Fish and Chips

by heryanta Written Aug 10, 2007

One of our favourites for lunch El Segundo Fish Co. offers fresh seafood in a no-frill setting.

I have had their calamari, halibut fish & chips and prawn and they were all good and very fresh.

Since it is seafood it is a little bit on the expensive side; but not more expensive than other seafood restaurants in the area.

Instant Answers: El Segundo

Comments

El Segundo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of El Segundo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Segundo sightseeing.