Fort Bragg Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Fort Bragg

• GypsyLightChaser's Profile Photo

EGGHEADS: EGGS EGGS EGGS!

by GypsyLightChaser Updated Jun 6, 2005

Step back into the Land Of OZ in this small cafe. Old photos of the Wizard of Oz on the walls makes this a charming place to dine.
    Get there early as there are line's out in the street waiting to get in.

Favorite Dish: The Eggs Benedict with a champagne Hollidase Sauce! You have to try it!
    Crab Omlette is out of this world
    Every thing is good but they are know for this delicious breakfast..lunch item.

You will be back after biting into this menue

EggHeads Cafe

LAUREL DELI AND DESSERTS: A BITE TO EAT

by GypsyLightChaser Written Mar 30, 2005

The Laurel Deli has fantastic sandwiches, lunches and desserts. The locals love the blackberry cobbler. Large portions and located next to the skunk train depot. Inside there is a small shopping mall with lots of goodies.

Make sure you get there before 2pm as they close early.

Favorite Dish: Black Berry Cobbler

Deli

Thai Food and California Cusine: NIT'S CAFE

by GypsyLightChaser Written Jun 5, 2005

Fantastic! Small and cozy on main street, Fresh Roses on the table. Clean and friendly staff.

Vegan, Seafood, Chicken, Beef
    Hearty Meals! Large Portions

You must try it.

LUNCH 11:30 - 3:00
    DINNER 5:30-9:00

Favorite Dish: Shrimp, rice, vegtables, pineapple, piled high in half a pineapple. Their Coconut soup with tender slices of chicken breast is out of this world. 1 Bowl will feed two.

Nit's Cafe

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Luna Trattoria: The Bolognese sauce is not to be missed!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 20, 2015

I was searching some of the side streets off route 1 in the center of Fort Bragg when I caught a glimpse of Luna. Nice graphics on the window draws you in but this place can easily be missed.

Inside is nicely decorated, more modern than anything. There is a bar and seating in the bar front area and a back room. The traditional basket of bread is brought out along with oil and balsamic vinegar. I was here for lunch and thought of something light but decided on Spaghetti with a Ragu sauce. Having grown up on Italian food and moms special Bolognese, I rarely eat at an Italian restaurant. This Bolognese was outstanding. I switch the spaghetti for penne.

Definitely on my list to eat at again next time in Fort Bragg.

HOURS

Saturday CLOSED 5:00 Pm -9:00 PM
    Sunday CLOSED 5:00 Pm -8:00 PM

Laurel Deli: DELI

by GypsyLightChaser Written Jun 5, 2005

Make sure you get there before 2pm as they close early.

Favorite Dish: Fresh black berry cobbler
    Latte's, potatoe salad

LAUREL DELI

• Rixie's Profile Photo

North Coast Sports Cafe: Family Fare and Sports Matches

by Rixie Written Sep 20, 2003

Feeling peckish? This cafe offers hamburgers, hot and cold sandwiches, salads, and surprising perks like homemade French fries, at a reasonable cost.

It's a good place to take children: there's a $4.95 kids' menu.

And if Dad just can't stand to miss the playoffs, he can zip into the adjacent sports bar for a quick peek.

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Cafe 1: Great, Organic Take on Traditional Foods

by WulfstanTraveller Written Jun 28, 2007

Cafe 1 is a great local diner-type restaurant with a wonderful triwst on standard American fare like pancakes, eggs, turkey, etc. It's primarily a breakfast-and-lunch place but apparently has dinners on Thursday-Saturday as well.

It has an emphasis on organic foods and nautral ingredients, and it has very good cooking. They use lots of vegetables and real maple syrup for their pancakes, which can be hard to find even at great breakfast places.

I've only had breakfast here, so I cannot specifically describe the other meals, but this is certainly a top choice for breakfast.

It's also a good place to take kids.

Favorite Dish: The Window Plate for breakfast is great, with eggs and lots of different vegetables on top of sourdough bread with "Hippy Sauce." I don't know what is in the sauce, but it's great, being light but flavourful.

The breakfast sandwich is also delicious and pancakes are good with real maple syrup.

Cafe 1, Fort Bragg

• sean420's Profile Photo

Egghead's: Best breakfast in Ft. bragg!

by sean420 Written Apr 9, 2007

We ate there on a Tuesday morning and were promptly seated and brought coffee and orders taken. About 10 minutes later our breakfasts arrived. I had the "munchkin madness" which consisted of two english muffins topped with spinach, poached eggs and salsa. It was delicious! By the time we were leaving the restaurant was quite crowded with people lined up outside.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Headlands Coffehouse: Oatmeal and Chocolate crunch bar!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 20, 2015

This is a coffee house as advertised but it is much more serving breakfast lunch and dinner. I stopped in one morning for breakfast. I had the break burrito. This had egg, black beans and cheese. It was pretty good but a little dry. What caught my eye at the register was the oatmeal and chocolate crunch bars. I love these things! They are house made and they do a great job. I bought two of them! They come wrapped in plastic and lasted me three days. I stopped in on my way back down and bought three more for the next few days and flight home.

They also have local musicians play some acoustic music in the evenings. I'll definitely stop in for the crunch bars again. Although they are a little expensive at $4.50 each.

Hours:
    Sunday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm

• Singles

Piaci Pub and Pizzaria: Excellent beer options and personal pizzas

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 20, 2015

This bar is a little difficult to find if you only rely on signage. This is definitely a bar that also sells pizza among other menu items. The pizza is very good. I came across this place because it is one of the only restaurants in Fort Bragg that closes at 10pm. Most, if not all others close at 9pm.

They serve local craft beer. I went with a brown ale that went perfectly with the personal sausage pizza I ordered. This was a great meal. It is too bad they close at 10pm. It would have been nice to hang out, relax and have another beer.

Hours
    Saturday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Sunday 4:00 – 9:30 pm

Mayan Fusian: Best meal on my road trip

by blueskyjohn Updated Jul 20, 2015

That's right. This was the best meal on my recent road trip to the Northern California Coast. This was my first choice the night I arrived in Fort Bragg but I got there at 9:00pm and they had just closed. I made it back on my return down the coast and I am happy I did. The place is hard to find. It is on the Noyo River down off Route 1. I never would have found it without my phone GPS.

The menu looked great and I decided to order Tapas style of several different appetizers. I ordered four dishes. First was the Panucho, corn tortilla filled with black bean puree, topped with pulled Achiote chicken, guacamole, pickled onions, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato for $7. Next was Grilled Mayan Sweet White Corn, with lime, butter, salt, cayenne pepper, cheese for $8. This was delicious and sweet. I also had the House made Chili-lime Potato Chips for $5 and a side of Guacamole for $4.

This was a complete meal and I enjoyed every bit of it. The guacamole had just the right amount of spice and the lime potato chips were so tasty. Everything was so good I would order the exact meal on my next visit.

Favorite Dish: I couldn't pick one over the other, they were all good!

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Cowlick's: Great Ice Cream

by WulfstanTraveller Updated Jul 18, 2006

Cowlick's is a great local ice cream place making its own ice cream. Unfortunatelty, this is something of a rarity these days and although I love living where I do, I miss having the good local ice cream parlours that I was able to enjoy when I lived and worked in the Sacramento area. Anyway, Cowlick's is one of the few in the Sonoma-Mendocino area of California and it's very good.

I stop here every time I'm in the region since it's over 100 miles from my home and I never want to miss it.

Favorite Dish: Great vanilla, black walnut (not too sweet) and chocolate (good chocolate ice cream is divine, but exceedingly rare). Their ginger ice cream is out of this world, being nicely gingery but not too much so, and being quite creamy, too. They have wonderful blackberry-chocolate chunk, and excellent oreo-cookie ice cream, too. Their peanut-butter ice cream (I forget the name) is also great.

Cowlick's, Fort Bragg

Dog Friendly Resturants

Cafe One, Fort Bragg

Homestyle Cafe, Fort Bragg (Great Food)

Laurel Deli (next to the Skunk Train)

Piaci Pub and Pizzeria, Fort Bragg

Lu's Kitchen, Mendocino

Mendo Burgers, Mendocino

Mendocino Bakery and Cafe Mendocino (ymmummy)

Favorite Dish: Home Sytle Cafe has great breakfast! Home Style just like its name.

• politigal's Profile Photo

I love the Mendocino Brewing...

by politigal Updated Aug 26, 2002

I love the Mendocino Brewing Company. It is Fort Bragg. It isn't the pub food you might expect from a brewery, but sophisticated cuisine and a nice wine list of local Mendo county wines.

Favorite Dish: Please do yourself a favor and indulge in some oysters on the half-shell. I know you guys already think I'm a hopeless romantic for getting all sappy over the whole engagement thing, so I'm just going to go with it. They are grown locally down Hwy One. a ways in Point Reyes and they are superb with a glass of (what else) California Champagne.

• The North Coast Brewing...

by lygchicana Written Aug 24, 2002

The North Coast Brewing Company, 444 North Main St., Ft. Bragg, (707)964-7910, Cioppino an' a pint a ale: a $20 spot.
    Mendo Bistro, upstairs from the Company Store, 301 N. Main St., (707)964-4974, sample their Sweet Potatoe(Camote) Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Sauce and Spiced Pecans, with a nice Cab set you back $75-a C note for 2.
    The Old Coast Hotel, 101 N. Franklin St., bar & restaurant. Dinner served Thurs. thru Mon., lunch Fri. thru Sun. House specialty: scrumpdillyumptous Shellfish Cioppino(like an old, crusty Italian nonno would lovingly brew) with fresh crab, prawns, purple mussels and buttery clams, a bargain with a carafe of hearty Burgundy for a smiling Ben Franklin!

Instant Answers: Fort Bragg

Comments

Fort Bragg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fort Bragg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Bragg sightseeing.