Fort Rosecrans Restaurants

Back Patio with view of the street.
    by lmkluque
    Miguel's Cocina
    by lmkluque

Most Recent Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

The Living Room Coffeehouse: The Jennings House

by lmkluque Updated Oct 3, 2012

Back Patio with view of the street.

Originally I went to this location of the Living Room Coffehouse; Bistro and European Pastries because the building was one of San Diego's oldest. Frank Jennings built his home in 1886 and from his living room he could see the Bay of San Diego. That was long before Point Loma grew and now the view is obsured unless you go up stairs.

Since 1998 the Living Room has taken posession of the house and turned it into a comfortable and unique place to have coffee or a light meal.

Now, I stop here everytime I go to the Cabrillo N.M. or to Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, either before or after, to take a break. This photo is taken from my point of view as I sit in the back patio having a Café Mocha.

There is a front patio overlooking the street, and both stories of the building are open for dining. I'm told that a few improvements are being made and soon I'll see for myself.

Favorite Dish: Café Mocha is the only thing I've ordered here, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight. However, when I order I will choose the Baked Brie with fruit plate, salad with their special Lemon Chiffon salad dressing--my favorite. Their soups are homemade and delicious. Beautiful, rich and succulent pastries, and an espresso or Café Mocha will complete the meal.

• School Holidays
    • Business Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Miguel's Cocina at Shelter Island: Good Mexican Food!

by lmkluque Updated Oct 3, 2012

Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina is about four miles down the hill from Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, at Shelter Island. It is the second, out of seven locations, of Miguel's Cocina opened originally in Coronado and the food is very good. They have a terrace patio and three cozy dining rooms to choose from. After exploring the Point Loma penninsula and not ready for a full meal, you might try Miguel's for Happy Hour any day in the lounge or on the heated patio between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. The view is of Shelter Island and beautiful during the setting of the sun.

Favorite Dish: Happy Hour offers drinks and appetizer type foods at a reduced price, which can serve as an inexpensive light evening meal.

A full meal that I would recommend is the Carnitas; roasted pork with sides of fresh salsa, raw onions, avocado and cilantro. Your choice of corn or flour tortillas, rice and beans.

I love 1800 shooters, but all call drinks are regular price, I'd suggest a Margarita which will be reduced in price during Happy Hour.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Fort Rosecrans

Comments

Fort Rosecrans Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fort Rosecrans restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Rosecrans sightseeing.

View all Fort Rosecrans hotels