Glendale Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Glendale

• Usctwin's Profile Photo

L&L Hawaiian Barbecue Hawaiian Food: Yummy Hawaiian BBQ!

by Usctwin Written Nov 25, 2014

I love Hawaiian BBQ and this place was great. I ordered the BBQ chicken which came on a bed of cabbage and a scoop of macaroni salad and 2 scoops of rice. Everything was great. The macaroni salad wasn't too creamy or sweet, the rice was nice and soft and the BBQ chicken was delicious! It;'s also reasonably priced, about $9 usd for the meal, which was a large portion.

They have recently moved locations from Brand to Maryland and the new venue is really cute. All Hawaiian themed, with Hawaiian music playing. They also have 2 large flat screen TV's and 4 choices of beer on tap. Happy Hour is from 4-7pm with half price beers so it's a good place for happy hour.

Favorite Dish: Everything!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: My Favorite Eating Place (2)

by machomikemd Written Nov 23, 2013

part two of my cheesecake factory tips with more pictures.

Well for Starters, The Cheesecake Factory is the Largest Cheesecake Based Fast Service Restaurant in the United States, with branches at the Carribean and Latin America. And their cheesecakes are to die for! but they also have an extensive menu of more than 200 items ranging from my favorite Rib Eye Steaks to Wagyu Burgers and Meatloafs and Nachos.

opens: 10:00 am to 12:00 am everyday but there is always a long wait list as this is easily the most popular restaurant here at the mall.

Favorite Dish: You can choose a variety, ranging from crisp salads, tasty burgers, nicely done pasta dishes, fried chicken and, of course, cheesecake. The extensive menu includes over 200 selections, including appetizers, pizza, pasta, seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches, etc. Its featured dishes include Chicken Madeira, Miso Salmon, Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, and The Factory Burger. They have 50 different cheesecakes and desserts, including their registered trademark, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, and their Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake.

Prices: Appetizers $5.95-$9.95; entrees $7.95-$26.95; dessert $5.95-$7.50

but my all time favorite will be the wagyu beef burger, the 12 ounce rib eye steak and the grilled pork chops and the regular cheesecake.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: My Favorite Eating Place (1)

by machomikemd Updated Nov 23, 2013

Prices: Appetizers $5.95-$9.95; entrees $7.95-$26.95; dessert $5.95-$7.50

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Palate + Food + Wine: Tapas and Wine

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 20, 2009

Well, this is a new restaurant in Glendale. Glendale has many ethnic restaurants so it seem like a nice addition to have an upscale restaurant with small plates and trendy atmosphere. What a disappointment! The food was extremely expensive for what you get. The food was just ordinary, nothing special. The service was so-so. It may be a while before we come back to this place. I think they need a great deal of improvement and it could happen if they read their restaurant reviews.
    The meat plate included a thinly sliced piece of lard. Who eats lard? The halibut was cooked well (not dry but not too moist either) but the disappointment was it had no taste as if only just a little bit of olive oil and was pan fried. A flavorful sauce would have been good or even an herb rub would have enhanced the taste of the fish.
    Anyway, not worth going to for the prices they charge.

Tavern on Brand: Great Bar Environment and Decent Food

by GracesTrips Written Jul 5, 2009

Just happen to notice this place and stopped to have some lunch. Very nice bar set up and they have a no nonsense menu of basic items such as burgers, sandwiches and appetizers. But don't let the menu fool you, they really make up a nice plate of food. I ordered the mushroom swiss burger but my boyfriend's pastrami sandwich was much tastier. The entrees come with fries and those fries are pretty good.

Pastrami Sandwich Mushroom Swiss Burger View from inside
    • Singles

Fresco Ristorante: Italian Cuisine

by GracesTrips Written Jun 7, 2009

We happen to be in the area and looked for a place to eat that served Italian cuisine. We thought we would check this one out. It appears to be a little more upscale than most but overall the food was about average. The restaurant appeared to be more of a night club atmosphere with a DJ that would probably play music at a later time in the evening. Since, Glendale has a very large Armenian community, the restaurants probably cater to the much later dining habits they have.

We ordered a Caesar salad which they made at the table. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs which was okay. My boyfriend ordered the Farfalle e fungi Formaggi (bowtie pasta with mushrooms and cheese). As I said, the food was about average.

Caesar Salad Farfalle e fungi Formaggi Spaghetti & Meatballs

The Toasted Bun Restaurant: Small Diner

by GracesTrips Written Mar 22, 2009

The diner is clean but the decor is old fashioned. The people who work the diner aren't dressed as your typical restaurant workers. The service isn't fast so have some patience. The food is so-so. Prices are reasonable.

Breakfast Burrito with extra sauce Pastrami Sandwich and coleslaw

Mandaloun Restaurant: Traditional Middle Eastern Cuisine

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 22, 2009

This is a restaurant you want to dine at with a group of people and plan to eat later in the evening like 8pm-9pm. Make sure to have reservations. You sit at long tables with with various food items already placed on the table. Dinner along with entertainment is one price per person. It looks wonderful. We came to eat dinner here but were quite early and they allowed us to have dinner there even though they didn't seem ready. We ordered from a regular menu which they have. I think I would prefer the other style of dining because it looked like a better variety of foods to eat. The restaurant is located on the second floor, access an elevator on the street level. Indoor and outdoor dining.

A nice wine bar is around the corner.

Porto's Bakery: Great Sandwiches and Sumptious Desserts

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 26, 2008

There are two parts to this establishment. They have a gigantic bakery. The desserts are amazingly delicious. The other part is where you can have a sandwich. Almost a cuban sort of cuisine. They also have meat pies and fried plantain chips. This place is always busy but the service is pretty fast so don't be discouraged when you see the lines.

Favorite Dish: Steak Torta is yummy and the Mango Mouse Cake is very flavorful. The Medianoche Preparadais a slow roasted pork & ham sandwich with Swiss cheese and croquettes on a sweet roll. The Pan con Lechon (Roasted Pork Sandwich) has mojo garlic sauce and grilled onions on grilled Cuban bread.

Mango Mouse Cake $23.00 Medianoche Preparada Pan con Lechon

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Thai in L.A.: Love Thai Food!

by GracesTrips Written Oct 26, 2008

This restaurant is quite obscure being located next door to Porto's which is always packed. We tried it out and loved it! The restaurant is ran by Thai people. Having recently went to Thailand on vacation, the food was very reminiscent of what we had over there. The lunch menu is really a bargain!

Favorite Dish: Green curry with chicken or beef served with rice noodles, bamboo shoots & basil was absolutely delicious! The coconut milk makes this curry very creamy. If you're not into spicy foods, make sure to ask for mild version. Even the mild is quite spicy. My boyfriend had the red curry and chicken served with steamed rice. He enjoyed his meal a great deal.

Green Curry with Chicken Lunch Focus Red Curry with Chicken Lunch Focus

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Pho Hut: Ummm, Vietnamese Food!

by GracesTrips Written Sep 7, 2008

I love Vietnamese food! I really enjoy the freshness of the vegetables and herbs they use in their cooking. Fresh basil, cilantro and mint! Peanuts and fish sauce add another layer of flavors. My favorite dish is called Bun. It's vermicelli noodles served cold, pork, fresh lettuce, cucumbers bean sprouts with carrots, mint, cilantro, basil and a few sliced up egg rolls. They have great soups, too! The prices are extremely reasonable for the food you get. Pho in Vietnamese means noodle. This establishment was clean and the people were friendly.

My favorite dish! Bun Chicken Soup

Carousel Restaurant: Middle Eastern Cuisine and Ambience

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 20, 2008

I would consider this more of a Greek cuisine but there are some Lebanese dishes and some other items on the menu. This a a great restaurant and quite authentic. On the weekends they have dinner shows with belly dancers. Starters - they bring pita bread to the table and a tray of vegetables and olives. The vinegared turnips are tasty. Today, I ordered the Yogurt Beef Kebab plate. The beef is like a minced beef and seasoned and comes with rice pilaf though I suppose you can request something else if you like. A choice of Greek salad or a traditional cabbage salad also comes with this meal. Prices are about average. They are set up for big parties so great place for a big get together.

Lola's: Peruvian Restaurant

by GracesTrips Written Jul 15, 2008

Peruvian food is not easy to come by in SoCal but they are around. I think these small, family owned restaurants don't advertise themselves very well. But better for us who can find them because there might not be a long wait to get searted.

I wasn't particularly hungry when we came here so I ordered a salad. My boyfriend ordered a chicken dish which was very tasty. The ambience was not so great. Dark and the music was little too loud. But we may come back because the food was that good and they give you plenty.

Katsuya: Very Fancy Japanese

by GracesTrips Updated Jul 7, 2008

I wasn't too keen on the indoor decor. It's industrial with simple lines. I would have rather dined outdoors but it was too hot that day. I wasn't too hungry and ordered a salmon skin cut roll for $6 and glass of green ice tea. I didn't care for the tea too much. The salmon skin cut roll was very good. My boyfriend had a grilled salmon teriyaki dish that came with soup and salad. No rice. So, he had to order a side of rice. I think the food cost too much for what you get. There are sooo many great Japanese restaurants in SoCal. But then again, we didn't dine here on purpose. We happen to be shopping and thought we should get a bite to eat.

Granville Cafe: Healthy & Organic

by GracesTrips Written Jun 1, 2008

What drew us to dine at this restaurant was the quaint little outdoor patio area out front on a sunny, breezy day. But all the tables were full. So, we decided to just eat inside. The waitress asks if we are dining here for the first time. We said, yes. So, she proceeds to tell us that all the ingredients for the menu items are organic and some other stuff that we weren't too concerned about. We figured we'll make our own judgement if we'll come back or not depending on how we liked the food.

Well, the food was delicious! I really enjoyed the Thai Ginger Salad I had. I added the grilled chicken to the regular size salad making the cost $11.90. My boyfriend ordered the Granville Bacon & Blue Burger. I think they should have named the burger "the works" because it had smoked bacon, caramelized onions, blue cheese, arugula, sautéed mushrooms and port sauce! You get to choose a side - he ordered a salad. He was impressed with the salad, too!
    I think we'll be coming back to this place again.

Thai Ginger Salad with Chicken Granville Bacon & Blue Burger

Instant Answers: Glendale

Comments

Glendale Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Glendale restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Glendale sightseeing.