Healdsburg Restaurants

• riorich55's Profile Photo

A Devine Affair: Fresh Local Ingredients

by riorich55 Updated May 20, 2013

The Owner, Her Mom and Our Server

RESTAURANT IS NOW CLOSED AS OF MAY 20, 2013.

If you've looked at my Healdsburg Hotel page before you came here, you'll know we arrived a little earlier then expected because of the power outage the town had experienced earlier in the evening. We called from the hotel just to make sure they were open. I'm sure that because of the power outage that evening that there were only a few other diners that evening. Some of the other casual places in town had bigger crowds, but again we wanted to have a nice meal on the first night of our vacation.

I had looked at a number of restaurants in the area on the internet and reviewed what other's had to say about each one before deciding that A Devine Affair was the one which suited us. A smaller restaurant with a smaller menu (I much prefer restaurants that have under a dozen choices for dinner as you know everything will be a lot fresher), a cozy looking place and a place where you might get to meet the owner/chef. We did.

Since I have 8 pictures to share I will break this tip into 2 separate ones with the food pictures in the 2nd tip. Please continue to that tip now.

Dry Creek Kitchen: General Info

by globetrotter_2006 Updated Dec 10, 2009

The Dry Creek Kitchen is one of the creations of Charlie Palmer. The DCK is located in the Hotel Healdsburg which is where we stayed. We had reservation but never made it. Not as expensive as Cyrus, but the food I heard is amazing here.

Healdsburg Bar & Grill (HBG): General Info

by globetrotter_2006 Written Dec 10, 2009

The HBG is right across the street from Hotel Healdsburg. The manager at Cyrus also works at HBG during the day. The HBG is the perfect spot to have burger and a beer, and if the weather is nice make sure to seat in the large patio.

Cyrus: The Chefs offerings

by globetrotter_2006 Written Dec 10, 2009
    Treats: salty, sweet, bitter, etc

After the champagne and the caviar, the attentive staff will bring you the chefs offerings. First we got some freshly baked bread, then we got a tower with salty, sweet, bitter treats to open up your buds. The last chef offering was a plate with three scallops three ways...raw, broiled and seared.

Favorite Dish: Freshly baked bread

Cyrus: General Information

by globetrotter_2006 Written Dec 9, 2009

We came to Cyrus to celebrate our engagement and it was worth the $550 we paid for dinner. We had the five course dinner with wine pairing. The first thing that Cyrus offers is the champagne & caviar cart. We had a glass of champagne but passed on the caviar.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

HG Bar and Grill: Relaxed with yummy food

by amandajayne81 Written Oct 17, 2009

For a total of $50 for the two of us we had a bowl of garlic fries (very nice but lucky we weren't after friends in the US with the smell!), rosemary chicken and potatoes, chicken and avocado sandwich and some lemonade. Very delicious to all of the above.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

John Ash & Company: Diners Choice on opentable.com

by GracesTrips Written Dec 5, 2008

This restaurant is actually located in Santa Rosa which is only 5-10 minutes south of Healdsburg. Since I have no other photos or tips to post under a Santa Rosa page, I thought I would post this restaurant tip here. To continue, I often use opentable.com to research restaurants and make my reservations. It's a pretty handy site. Anyway, I had a great and bad experience at this restaurant. Great experience was the ambience and wait staff. We were treated with a tiny appetizer which was good. We ordered the salmon/ahi tuna tartar which was really delicious. My boyfriend ordered a goat cheese stuffed roast chicken. I had a bite and it was very tasty. Bad expense was the entree I ordered. The pork loin dish was extremely salty. So salty that I couldn't even drink my wine because wine and salt really don't go together. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of my dish before I gave up. I had lost my appetite. My boyfriend was upset and we told the waiter this was really horrible. He offered to have another dish prepared but I wouldn't have been able to eat it. So, he did not charge me for my entree. Very rarely have I ever complained about food that is served to me. I think had the dish been prepared with much less salt, we would have had a completely enjoyable meal.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Bistro Ralph: Quaint, Cozy and Good Bread

by GracesTrips Written Dec 3, 2008

It's easy to get a great glass of wine in a restaurant here in town. And, I guess you have to assume that when it comes to food, as well. I wasn't particularly hungry when we had dinner here so I ordered the beef carpacio. If this was the only meal I could eat, I would be extremely happy. The beef was very tasty, melted in my mouth and obviously very good quality. A small pile of micro sprouts accompanied my dish and a glass of wine was just yummy! My boyfriend had a heartier dish and it was very good.

Cyrus: Incredible Experience

by WulfstanTraveller Written Nov 10, 2007

Cyrus, Healdsburg

Cyrus is provably the ritziest, most upscale restaurant in Healdsburg. It is exceedingly expensive, but outstanding in food quality, variation, service, and ambience. The staff is large for the size of place and they meticulously care for every element and detail of service.

Flying Goat: Great Local Coffeehouse

by WulfstanTraveller Written Nov 10, 2007

Flying Goat Coffee, Downtown Healdsburg

Flying Goat is a great local coffee roasting company and coffeehouse. It has two coffeehouses: one in downtown Healdsburg and one just to the south in downtown Santa Rosa (see my page on Santa Rosa for that one). The coffeehouse in Healdsburg is on Center St just north of the Plaza and Powell's Sweet Shoppe.

Taqueria Guadalajara: Great Mexican Taqueria

by WulfstanTraveller Written Oct 12, 2007

This is our favourite Mexican place in Healdsburg and, along with Los Hermanos & Taqueria Santa Rosa, both in Santa Rosa, one of our favourites in Sonoma County. It is a small hole in the wall in a tiny, ugly little shopping centre just south of downtown, but the food is great.

BarnDiva: Great Chic Cuisine & Cocktails

BarnDiva

BarnDiva is a neat, chic, happening place with modern-urban-rustic decor and amibience and some great food, with dining inside or in a secluded, nicely gardened patio with trees, etc. It's a great place to linger over cocktails and small dishes, with different courses and everything we have had is excellent. The menu is very eclectic, with a very California-Wine County approach and great variety, much of it quite delicate. Like the decor, the food theory is a modern urban approach to traditional & country cuisine. It also is known for its nice bar and good emphasis on cocktails, including traditional ones like a Sazerac, and interesting new ones. One key element is that here, in the Wine Country, there is more emphasis on pairing cocktails, rather than wine, with the food, and this is a nice diversion.

Favorite Dish: The menu changes frequently. We have been here a few times and have always been very happy, even though the price tag is hefty for a real meal with several cocktails, dessert, etc. However, in Healdsburg, price tags for the ritzier places generally are rather steep, anyway.

One nice example is a version of Eccles Cake they had one time. This is a traditional English dessert that is almost unheard of here and they made a local twist on the recipe. It was delicious.

Bear Republic Brewing Co.: Microbrewery & Brewpub

by WulfstanTraveller Written Oct 12, 2007

Bear Republic is one of Sonoma County's top microbreweries and it has a nice brewpub in downtown Healdsburg just off the Plaza. This is the primary brewpub north of Santa Rosa. The food is typical for th type of place, but generall very good, service is normally quite good, and it has a nice, varied selection of good beers. These include a number of different styles or interpretations of styles, and while the place has the ubiquitous IPA and super hoppy beers that have become so popular, it also has a good showing in Scotch Ale, ESB, etc. It also makes a very nice, flavourful Imperial Stout that, unlike some, is not overly alcoholic or exceedingly burnt or bitter in taste. Moreover, it sells home-brewed root beer and cream soda.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Bear Republic Brewing Company: Dining at a Brewery

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 25, 2007

Bear Republic Brewery Company

The Bear Republic Brewing Company looked like a casual, laid back sort of eatery as we approached.

We learned that this micro-brewery serves up hand crafted beers. Its Master Brewer (Richard Norgrove) received the 2006 Brewer of the Year award, while the brewery received the 2006 Small Brewing Company of the year award. For those who appreciate beer, this would seem a good endorsement!

The lengthy menu included these selections for lunch:

Jamaican Jerk Burger ($9.95)
    Rocket Burger-topped with mild green chili, pepper jack cheese and cilantro ($9.95)
    A VegiBear Sandwich-tomato, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sliced red onion, roasted red bell pepper and green chili aioli ($8.50)
    a choice of wraps ($9.50) and many other specialty sandwiches prepared on homebaked bread.

Here's a special highlight: If you thrive on gathering up little bits of trivia, Monday Night is game night at the brewery!

• Seniors
    • Singles

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Dry Creek Kitchen: A Swanky Place to Dine

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 25, 2007

Outdoor Dining at Dry Creek Kitchen

Dry Creek Kitchen seemed a notch above the casual dining place. We asked to see the menu, but didn't see a thing our grandson would eat. However, for the gourmet...this might just be the place.

According to the literature, Chef Charlie Palmer uses the 'finest fresh seasonal produce, gourmet food purveyors and fine wines to form Dry Creek Kitchen". He is a former owner of Aureole in New York.

The menu offered Ahi Tuna Tartare ($18) or Jumbo Lump Crabcake ($14) as just two of the appetizers.

Mini Wagyu Beef and Foi Gras Burgers with Brioche Buns ($18), Miso Crusted Salmon with Carrot-Ginger Puree ($29) or Ribeye Steak and Eggs ($24) are just a few of the entree samples.

A wine trail luncheon tasting menu was available:

Seven-Tomato Guzpacho with Ambrosia Melon Sorbet and Herb Salad
    Ahi Tuna Tartare with Chili Spiced Ponzu and Avocado Relish;
    Painted Hills New York Strip Steak, Haricots Verts, Crushed Yukon Potato.
    ($45 per person, $70 paired with wine) Dessert is served with the selection.

Open daily serving lunch and dinner. See the website below for hours.

Instant Answers: Healdsburg

Comments

Healdsburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Healdsburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Healdsburg sightseeing.