Healdsburg Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Healdsburg

• globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

Lime Stone: General Info

by globetrotter_2006 Written Dec 10, 2009

The shop is located in the Healdsburg square next to Hotel Healdsburg.

What to buy: The sell everything the Hotel Healdsburg offers...such as soaps, towels, etc. It also offers Dry Creek Kitchen recipes, books, etc.

What to pay: Little more expensive than usual.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Several shops in Town: Healdsburg Square

by GracesTrips Written Dec 3, 2008

A fantastic, hometown feel shopping area with wonderful clothing and jewelry shops. Bookstores, wine tasting rooms, restaurants, specialty stores and a small park in the middle of it. One one occasion when we visited, there was an antique flea market in the park. It's just a wonderful place. You shouldn't miss out on stopping by here.

• Women's Travel
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Powell's Sweet Shoppe: Candy

by WulfstanTraveller Written Oct 16, 2007

Powell's Sweet Shop, Healdsburg

This is a neat local candy store that started in nearby Windsor. There are now several in Sonoma County and it has started to spread in small numbers around California. It sells home-made type candy (chocolate, etc.), ice cream, plus an array of other brands, a wide range of bulk licorice, a lot of novelty or gag candies and gums, as well as older commercial candies that were once common but now hard to find. It is not one of those places that just has buckets of generic candy in bins.

What to pay: It depends.

Levin and Company Bookstore: A Plethora of Books

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 25, 2007

Levin and Company Books

I come from a family of avid readers who like nothing better than perusing bookstores. Levin and Company is a fine bookstore for doing so!

While my husband searched the shelves for books on history, our grandson spent his time leafing through books on famous ships. I drifted over to the travel section, wondering if I should begin preparing for our next adventure.

My favorite type of store is one when help is needed, it comes instantaneously. On the other hand, when wishing not to be disturbed...you are not.

Levin and Company allowed us to browse, take time to digest the material, then move on to whichever subject we desired without pressuring us in any way. They had a fairly good selection of topics and generous space in which to display them. We enjoyed our visit very much!

Antique Harvest; Healdsburg 'Classics': A Choice of Antiques

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 24, 2007

Antiquing is an enjoyable pastime for my husband and I, so whenever we get the time or inclination we stop to look around.

Unfortunately, we did not get to drop by these two antique shops, but if you visit Healdsburg someday...maybe you can!

They sat across the street from each other and seemed to have some interesting items, judging from what we could see in the windows at Antique Harvest and Healdsburg 'Classics' Antiques(picture 2).

Downtown Bakery and Creamery: Cookies and other treats

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 24, 2007

Downtown Bakery and Creamery

It's difficult to walk by a bakery when luscious smells are emanating from inside. So while window shopping, the aroma lured me into Downtown Bakery and Creamery where my sweet tooth had total control!

Neat stacks of breads and a glass case stocked with lucscious stickie buns, muffins, croissants, scones and cookies all conspired to tempt me. Tarts, pies and pound cakes seemed to be screaming, "TAKE ME HOME!"

But since we had just finished having lunch, a cookie seemed to be the perfect ending to our meal! I chose a mix of oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies to take back to "the guys" for dessert.

You'll also find homemade ice cream and sherbets or a cuppa joe here! Special orders for cakes are taken, as well.

Hours are Mon.-Fri. 6am-5:30pm; Sat. 7am-5:30pm; Sun. 7am-4pm.

Noble Designs-one of a kind jewelry: Shopping in downtown Healdsburg

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 15, 2007

Noble Designs

After grabbing a bite to eat, we took time to browse through some of the cute little shops lining the streets.

NOBLE DESIGNS specialized in sterling silver, handmade jewelry. A glass case was gleaming with pieces in unique designs. I asked to see a polished pendant in the form of a sun with long silvery rays and a purplish gem set in its center. A pair of lacey, silver butterflies looked like the ideal gift for a friend, so I purchased both of these items.

There is a wide selection of jewelry, so if you are in need of a piece that isn't exactly like someone else's, stop by if you find yourself in Healdsburg. The service was excellent and the shop a joy to browse through. Hours are 10am-6pm daily.

What to buy: Many assorted shops carrying all types of items

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Healdsburg

Comments

Healdsburg Shopping

Reviews and photos of Healdsburg shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Healdsburg sightseeing.