Discover the Close-Knit Quality Here!
Favorite thing: "Close-Knitness"
Hermosa is one of the most unassuming beaches, unlike, say, Malibu or Laguna Beach. There is a strong sense of a small coastal town in which people know each other well and take care of and pride in their community. Locals are more common here to roam than tourists (this is in contrast to famed Santa Monica up north).
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Family Travel
- Road Trip
Beach and volleyball!
Favorite thing: There is nothing better than enjoying the warm weather and playing beach volleyball in Hermosa. Everyone is friendly and looking to have a great time! If you're here, you HAVE to play some volleyball; do a little surfin; and definitely do some people watching! :)
The Pier, the fish, the mussels
Favorite thing: The most enjoyable activity is to have lunch on top of Hennessey's and watch the skaters and the ocean. If that doesn't suit your needs, go across the street to FatFaceFenner'sFishack for the best "chowdar" I've ever had! Not to be bored, go downstairs and have sushi at Paradise Sushi...and you don't have to go to LA. The Best mussels I've had is at the Hermosa Fish Company (back on the other side of the street!
Fondest memory: I miss my friends, but most of all I miss the weather and the smell of the ocean. The run's on The Strand can't be beat anywhere because you can go South to Redondo and that Pier or North through Manhattan...all the time with the Ocean at your side. Sometimes you're lucky enough to see some whales migrating or the constant porpoise. And then of course a cold seabreeze on the patio of Sharkey's isn't bad either!
- Family Travel
Experience the crowd
Favorite thing: Check out the beach during a holiday weekend like 4th of July to see all the fine and not-so-fine bodies out there.
Fondest memory: My perfect Sunday one summer:
- Coffee and beignets for breakfast at Ragin' Cajun
- 5 games of beach volleyball (undefeated)
- Lunch at Hennessey's Tavern
- Back to our spot on the beach to lay out, watch friends play volleyball, and watch people on the strand
- At dusk, head over to a friend's house up the street for a BBQ
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.