Eating / Drinking, Hollywood

Know about this? Rate It!

Berlin Forrest is now in California
    by richiecdisc
  • Eating / Drinking
    by heitzenrater
    Saddle me this
    by heitzenrater
  • richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Barney's Beanery: looking for Racer #5?

by richiecdisc Written Sep 5, 2009

Berlin Forrest is now in California

We met our transplanted South Florida friend at Barney's Beanery at his suggestion to watch the Lakers-Celtics game which happened to be the seventh and deciding game of the NBA Championships. Needless to say, it was packed. We got there early to secure a table and were happy to find they had a very nice beer selection on tap including some Stone's beers from San Diego and the much heralded Racer #5 from Bear Republic. In fact, this is where I decided that we HAD to go to Bear Republic when we were heading up the coast!

They have a very extensive menu. It is twelve pages long and very varied. It's pretty much impossible to not find something you would like so a safe bet to meet friends of varying tastes. I think we opted for burritos and many, many beers. The check came to $66 for the two of us, which is not bad for hanging out somewhere for four plus hours. The game went down to the wire and the Lakers lost in the closing seconds. Surprisingly, there was an equal number of Celtics fans there including our so called local LA guy. I hate the Celtics.

Dress Code: Unlike in Philly (we're I'm from), you could even wear a Celtics jersey and not be strung up.

• Beer Tasting

• FORMOSA CAFE. There's a...

by Tricky_Josie Written Aug 25, 2002

FORMOSA CAFE. There's a zillion places on Sunset Blvd to hit including Chateau Marmont, the Sky bar, etc.
    But if you're not looking for obnoxious trendy joints, one of my fave hangouts for some martinis w/loads of old hollywood atmosphere is The Formosa Cafe (on Formosa and Santa Monica blvd.). It's an old time joint from the 40's (it's in that scene in LA Confdential w/Lana Turner) but very hip for today's crowd.
    It's cool cause it's busy but not TOO busy (as in some places you have to shiver outside, waiting for opening, hoping you're 'cool' enough to be allowed entrance to their holy establishment).
    you can eat the so so chinese food, but most people go to suck down a cocktail, while original, signed photos from 1940's celebrities smile graciously from above. 'Lounge meets Tacky Chinese Decor', big red booths and an attractively run down atmosphere make this a comfy, hip place to catch up w/buddies.

Dress Code: you can where whatever you like.
    you can sport the outrageous duds or lay back in your levis.
    understated hip, i guess.

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

Eating & Fun: Saddle up!

by heitzenrater Updated Feb 24, 2006
    Saddle me this

SO RIDE THE BULL

This is a western style them for eating and other fun. What more do you want. The sweetest part it has a mechanical bull. Both men and women were riding the bull. It costs 4 dollars to ride the think.

People also love the humongous portions of satisfying cowboy food: steak chili, ribs and burgers. It's quite a happening ranch in the heart of Hollywood

Hours: Daily 8am-2am

Dress Code: What ever you want

IF YOU LIIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

Instant Answers: Hollywood