Night Clubs, Hollywood

Know about this? Rate It!

Elsita and me at the Rumba Room
    Josephs
    Rumba Room

Basque: HollyHood does it again

by HotSpotJ Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Basque

Basque is a trendy nightclub on the Corner of famed Hollywood and Vine. Always full of Sexy people, its best Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I had a great time at Basque even though I had read some horrible reviews on it. I'm not sure why tight people would go out in Hollywood, or anywhere for that matter, and why they come back and write reviews on them! Now Basque will charge a cover, but this is avoidable if you call ahead and make dinner or bottle reservations. Torun a tab here you will need to drink a minimum, but, if you're like me we always drink AT LEAST the minimum! Good times!

UPDATE: CLOSED. I was driving through a few months ago and noticed Basque is closed. I'm not sure what will eventually be placed at this high traffic loction.

Dress Code: Trendy Hollywood, which means girls are drop-dead sexy, and guys must have tattoos (joking)

Hyde Lounge: The First and Last

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 23, 2008
    Hyde Lounge

After having a great Friday night at Aqua in Beverly Hills, my new friends then took me to this spot on Saturday. Even though my bud knew the bouncer, we still had to go at 9PM to avoid standing and waiting. It took 2 hours for the girls and partiers to finally populate, and by then we had a huge tab ($200) on basically just a few simple vodka drinks. I'm a Miami club vet, and I know its hard for ownership to seperate celebs from simpletons, but you don't have to treat either differently. Now that I notice this place is always on the E channel, if tourists want to go mingle with the stars, please beware: Hyde Lounge is overpriced and overhyped, its not worth the trouble.

Dress Code: Dress to impress, but don't expect to be impressed in return

• Luxury Travel

Rumba Room: Party Latin Style

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 22, 2008
    Rumba Room

Rumba Room was one of the first spots I went in SoCal.. I had a great time. For one, if you are at all attracted to the sexy Latin culture (which I particularly melt for beautiful Spanish women!) then you will LOVE Rumba Room, it is a great fiesta and each bar makes great drinks! The are 2 floors of dancing, I enjoy the top floor more than the bottom, the music there is more modern and less mariachi. The Friday and Saturday cover charge is $20.00, and it will be well worth it.

Dress Code: Dress with style, more of a "collared shirt" scene than a Hollywood Boulevard "trendy" scene.. from the website:

Dress Code:
    Friday & Saturday : Upscale attire is a must. Men must wear collard shirts and dress shoes.
    No jerseys, T-shirts, sports attire, caps, tennis shoes, work boots or sandals.
    Jeans are acceptable provided they are not torn or baggy.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Josephs: Great spot to relax and dance

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 22, 2008
    Josephs

Josephs is a GREAT place to post up for a Saturday night of fun. Start with your meal and move on to the dance floor. Please make reservations ahead of time though. I did Jospehs during a magazine party and had a great time- me and my friends surrounded by bottles and models- there is no better wat to party! Be aware of a small minimum ($25) when running a credit card tab. The DJ here held the best dance floor PERIOD during my stay in Socal.

Dress Code: Man and Women need to Dress sexy/trendy

• CastelliUSA's Profile Photo

Night Clubs: The Lava Lounge

by CastelliUSA Written Apr 12, 2005

Interesting locals hangout that serve mean tropical drinks. HIdden away in a strip mall, the average tourist would drive right by. Afterwards you can walk next door and taste the homemade ice cream from Mashti Malones, always worth the trip.

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo

The Forbidden City: Cool Hangin Out Place in Hollywood

by RedEaredPanda Updated May 23, 2004

The theme of the Nightclub

My first time visiting this night club last night for a birthday party of a friend.. It turned out to be asian night so the majority of the people were asian.. The place was pretty cool.. Outside in the patio, they have tables and beds people can just hang out there or try to sober up after drinking at the bar.. Inside there were a few rooms, only one of which I visited.. the others were packed and they were letting in two people at a time and there was a long line.. The VIP room was also reserved so we couldn't get in.. The music was dance/house/R&B.. I stayed there for a couple of hours only.. Parking: $20.00, Admission: $20.00, ordered Belvedere Vodka on rocks: $10.00. Overall, I would say it's a pretty cool place to hang out or dance the night away.. For a complete list of services or pictures of the nightclub, please refer to the website.. There they have included a menue for foods, appetizers and drinks.

Dress Code: Neat and Casual was the dress code.. Men wearing jeans or slacks and shirts and women wearing pretty much anything..

• School Holidays

• FifthColumn's Profile Photo

Night Clubs: Spundae / Circus Disco

by FifthColumn Written Oct 24, 2003

from the back of the club

Saturdays at Circus Disco are off the hook. A different top named DJ from the industry is their every week. Spundae (formerly Giant) is the name of the night, Circus Disco is the name of the club.

It has a rather large main dance floor a smaller side room with local dj's and a second floor lounge that conects both area's. There is also a huge outside smoking lounge with much need fresh air.

If you are looking for a club that has big name DJ talent and want to hear up front Progressive House, Trance, Breakbeat or Techno, Spundae is the place on Saturday night in HollyWood!

Instant Answers: Hollywood