Sleazy / Tacky, Hollywood

Know about this?

White elephant with a sunstroke.
    by janika
  • Sleazy / Tacky
    by Beach_dog
  • janika's Profile Photo

No shopping!

by janika Updated Nov 12, 2007

White elephant with a sunstroke.

Try not to buy anything in Hollywood from small vendors. Most of the items they sell are not genuine and have no warranty or fake!

I went into an electronic store to look at digital cameras and the person was quiet rude with me. I explained to him what I am looking for and that I am from Canada. All he said is: "Here we go, Another Story" Very unpleasant experience. I came out immediately and never purchased anything there.

People dressed like famous actors, singers, etc want your money when you take a picture of them. I took some pictures regardless. Optical zoom in your camera helps to bring them closer! The only thing I would buy there is sunglasses. They had very nice (fake) Oakley imitations for about $10- US. Forget about everything else.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Theme Park Trips

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

To be quite honest, I found...

by Beach_dog Written Aug 26, 2002

To be quite honest, I found much of the main street of Hollywood to be quite tacky, many gift shops selling junk at crazy prices. But if you are going to experience Hollywood, the its all part of the package. I did not find too much glamour here.

Instant Answers: Hollywood

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Hollywood