Homewood Favorites

• View of west shore of Lake Tahoe from north shore
    View of west shore of Lake Tahoe from...
    by karenincalifornia
    Homewood, CA
    by karenincalifornia

Most Recent Favorites in Homewood

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Can you hear me now?

by karenincalifornia Updated Feb 7, 2005

Favorite thing: When I travel, I like to be able to keep in touch with those I love. In a perfect world, I would have 4 bars everywhere I travel, but the reality is, life means sometimes having only 2 bars or less.

The west shore has spotty and inconsistent cell phone and GSM coverage. Face it, the west shore is in the sticks. Almost all my GSM calls got dropped after a few minutes, and sometimes I had to dial a call several times to get a connection. My husband and I think for sure GSM calls are rationed in this area.

I discovered that, for some reason, my GSM coverage was a bit better OUT of the house than inside. (Calls still were dropped but easier to make.) Here is a picture of the street in front of our rental house taken while I was making a cell phone call on early Sunday morning.

Kind of chilly, but more scenic than a phone booth, you gotta admit.

Homewood, CA
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Getting your bearings

by karenincalifornia Written Feb 7, 2005

Favorite thing: The relatively undeveloped west shore of Lake Tahoe begins at the "Y" in Tahoe City to the north, where Highway 24 separates from Highway 29, and extends down to Emerald Bay to the south.

The two lane highway runs through the tiny towns of Sunnyside, Tahoe Pines, Homewood, Tahoma and Meeks Bay. During heavy snow fall, it will be closed as you travel further south.

View of west shore of Lake Tahoe from north shore
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

Instant Answers: Homewood

Comments

Homewood Favorites

Reviews and photos of Homewood favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Homewood sightseeing.