Irvine Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Irvine

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Paul Martin American Grill: Try Quality Organic American at Paul's

by marinarena Written Sep 21, 2013

Arrive at Irvine Spectrum for the exquisite Paul Martin experience.

True quality American eats here. For those outside of America who think American food is horrible- you WILL reconsider that notion here. Paul Martin does American classics- steaks, chicken and all- healthy. Well chosen quality local and seasonal ingredients. No greasiness.

Menu prices meet value. Can be a little expensive to average diners but not too much. A frugal diner who still wants quality food can get away with spending $15-$20 for one (without alcohol purchase) during dinner by avoiding the hearty dinner menu items for sandwich or salad choices.
    Otherwise for the more expensive dinner hours, expect the $21-$50 range for one, with entrée wine/other alcoholic drink and salad/soup option.

Tastefully chic décor matches the quality of the food. The lighting is particularly charming from the artful ceiling fixtures. It was not too dark, not too light while eating. The Irvine location is right off a valet parking service. You can show off having your sweet ride parked and head steps away to the restaurant- or not.

Service was excellent here. The hosts were extra attentive and cordial, waiter was very knowledgeable on menu, culinary background and tending the table.

Come to Paul Martin if you crave America at its culinary best on the plate and wants an overall incredible dining experience.

Note:

Paul Martin, like all of the major Spectrum restaurants can have major wait time for seating on weekend evening especially- from 30 min on up. I got lucky. My wait was supposed to be 45 min but wait was shortened about 30 min but putting name on waiting list. Host paged me and companion (by sending phone text) that a table came up. Do as I would next time: Consider reservations to avoid waiting.

Try to get here during happy hour hours, 4PM-7PM, where there are better food and drink deals anyway.

This Irvine location is the only O.C. locale for Paul Martin. Irvine has the exclusive yet again.

Favorite Dish: Triple Mushroom Burger- no meat patty- all mushroom, with arugula and pesto aioli. Gourmet yum! No meat, but as someone who is fond of a good ol' traditional hamburger, beef was not missed here. I was full after eating without heavy feeling. The burger with soft bun melted in my month.

• Singles

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Ray's Pizza: Have Good NY Style Pizza at Ray's

by marinarena Updated Feb 27, 2013
    Ray's Pizza, Irvine, CA

It is vital to have this little write-up on Ray's, a So Cal pizzeria that serves it up NY style-thin, with just enough cheese, sauce and not too doughy nor crisp. Everytime i show my face in the joint I get a quality slice. Steps away from Trader Joe's at the University center, The pizzeria is a no-frills pizza joint that the kind of place especially the money-strapped UCI students like to go to eat. A common deal here is 2 slices and a fountain drink for $6. Slices are as low as $2.50. There is almost always a cheese, meat and veggie slice available to serve within minutes.

As for atmosphere, the parlor is tiny with just a few tables inside but the courtyard at University center has enough tables for outdoor seating. There is some enterainment inside, such as a video game and TV, usually showing a sports game, especially soccer. The cashier and pizza makers here are very down-to-earth and friendly.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

California Pizza Kitchen: No ordinary pizza here!

by Yaqui Updated Nov 22, 2012

California Pizza Kitchen features hearth-baked pizzas, creative pastas, delicious desserts and much more! If you have a very hungry teenager who just loves pizza, then this is the place for you. Yet, they don't just serve pizza. I had some really delicious taco's too.

Hours of Operation
    Mon - Thurs11:00 AM-10:00 PMFri - Sat11:00 AM-11:00 PMSun11:00 AM-10:00 PM

Gourmet homemade Italian & Mediterranean food: Tuscany Mediterranee Grill

by BLewJay Updated Dec 20, 2010
    Tilapia

Specializing in gourmet homemade seafood, pasta dishes, and Mediterranean kebabs. Food was delicious, dining was elegant and hospitality was outstanding.

Favorite Dish: For the appetizer, we had the Fried Calamari (fried squid served with a spicy tomato sauce and creamy tartar sauce). For dinner, LJ had Tilapia with a champagne cream sauce, vegetables and pasta while I had Filet Mignon with pesto sauce, vegetables and saffron risotto. To finish the meal, we shared Tiramisu.

• Tuscany Mediterranee Grill: Rated#1 best Italian and Mediterranean Irvine

by Mtakman Written Oct 31, 2010
    Tuscany Mediterranee Grill

Tuscany Mediterranee Grill is a fine dining Italian and Mediterranean restaurant located in Irvine, California. Specializing in gourmet homemade seafood, pasta dishes, and Mediterranean kebabs, our layout is great for large parties and groups, as well as private engagements. We’re perfect for both lunch and dinner, whether you’re entertaining distinguished business professionals, or if you’re out for a quiet, intimate dining experience. Afterward, take a stroll in the nearby romantic ambient park-like grounds.

Our patrons’ reviews speak for themselves—please come visit us and discover first-hand why Tuscany Mediterranee Grill is one of the top five fine restaurants in Irvine. We provide secure, multilevel parking, and we’re just off the 405 freeway, exit MacArthur Blvd. You’ll find us less than a mile from John Wayne Airport, right next to Embassy Suites, Crown Plaza of Irvine, and many other major hotels.

Please come visit us soon for an exquisite dining event made possible by our gourmet chefs and dining staff.

they are located at:

2010 Main St.
    Irvine, CA 92614
    949-250-1838

Favorite Dish: Wed like to encourage anyone looking for an excellent dining experience to give the Tuscany Mediterranee Grill in Irvine a try. Its a little challenging to find because it is located amid a complex of office buildings very near the Embassy Suites and McCormick & Schmicks at Gillette and Main, but its certainly worth the effort. We dined there first with a large group and were impressed with the quality of food and the service delivered under the stress of our large crowd. We came back for a really lovely dinner for two to confirm our impression. The food is exceptionally good, the service outstanding and their house wines superb. Matthew, the owner, is charming and gracious very attentive to his guests.
    We liked it so well we held a dinner party for 40 there last month and came away with nothing but rave reviews from our guests, most of whom are experienced and discriminating diners.
    You owe it to yourselves to spend a wonderful evening at Tuscany Mediterranee Grill

• Luxury Travel

Capital Seafood Restaurant: Awesome Dim Sum

by BLewJay Written Jun 30, 2009

We went for lunch (Dim Sum) on Sunday around noon and had to wait 45 minutes because they don't take reservations, but it was well worth the wait.

Favorite Dish: We tried:

Deep Fried Seafood Seaweed Rolls
    Pan Fried Shrimp & Chive Cakes
    Pan Seared Spicy Green Beans with Hoisin sauce

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: Ummmm...Yummy!!!

by BLewJay Updated Feb 5, 2009

The best way to describe the food is that it's simply delicious!!!

Favorite Dish: For dinner, LJ selected the Grilled Chicken & Avocado Club Sandwich (grilled chicken breast with avocado, bacon, tomato, melted Swiss & and herb mayonnaise served with french fries) while I had the Grilled Shrimp & Bacon Club Sandwich (charbroiled shrimp, bacon, lettuce & tomato with their special dressing served with french fries). And for dessert, we had the 30th Anniversary Chocolate Cake Cheesecake (two layers of their original cheesecake & two layers of their creamy chocolate cudge cake filled with chocolate cream & finished with crunchy pearls of chocolate). But who's counting calories anyway...lol!!!

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant: Go For The Sure Thing!

by NC_Ziggy Updated Jun 29, 2008

Known for fine food and a very diverse menu, this would be a cut above your normal chain restaurant. Very efficient service and pleasant atmosphere. A greek salad and shrimp cocktail (along with two alcoholic beverages) set me back $40. I'm glad I'm not paying for this myself! What? I've exceeded my expense account?

Well, if you've got the money, this place can hook you up with some tasty vittles.

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Claim Jumper: Huge portions!

by Lizchiq Written Dec 27, 2007

Claim Jumper is a chain of restaurants that has pretty good food, and very large portions! It's great to come here with family and/or friends, because you can order a bunch of things and share, or have leftovers. The ambiance at this particular Claim Jumper is alright... I wouldn't call it a "date" restaurant. The one in South Coast Plaza is actually much nicer; has a more upscale feel than the one in Irvine, oddly enough.
    I went with my friend and we split a sandwich and a salad.
    We had the Frisco Burger with: Grill-Toasted Parmesan Sourdough, Swiss Cheese, Pickles, 1000 Island, Tomato & Butterleaf Lettuce, and the Mediterranean Ahi Salad- Seared Ahi Blackened and Served with Avocado, Onion, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Calamata Olives, Chevre Cheese, Fresh Beets and Tossed with a Mustard Herb Vinaigrette.
    Obviously this was a ton of food for two people so we had leftovers. The salad was huge and it was really tasty. For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Chip Calzone, which was realllly sweet and fabulous! Freshly baked, it was filled with melted milk and white chocolate, chocolate chips, and came with whipped cream and ice cream. Again, a huge portion, but my friend swears by it. I'd definitely order that dessert again because it is fun to share with the group.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate chip calzone was great! I'd go back just to order that with some tea or coffee. The salad was pretty good as well. The Frisco Burger was a little greasier than I had expected, but we ordered it with turkey, so that helped.

• fancydancer's Profile Photo

LE DIPLOMATE CAFE: Maurice, the baguettes, hurry up!

by fancydancer Updated Mar 28, 2007

Great great sub type sandwiches, or may i say baguette sandwiches. The prices are good and the sandwiches are even better. I've never has sandwiches like this with cordon bleu or garlic chicken. They don't put too much other stuff so more sauce and meat which is my kind of sandwich.

CHARLEY'S STEAKERY: Steak Sanmmich

by fancydancer Updated Mar 28, 2007

From all the steak sandwhich places I've eaten Charley's is probably one of my favorites. I first tried it at the Block in Orange and was so pleased to find one near my school.....well when I went there.

• fancydancer's Profile Photo

BJ'S RESTAURANT & BREWHOUSE: Pizookie!

by fancydancer Updated Mar 28, 2007

Nice set up. Nice decor, not too flashy, not too modern, not too elegant. It does have a brewery feel. Maybe it's because of the exposed vats they have...hmmm I wonder?? I love the pizza here and they have smaller ones so I can eat it all my own. And you can't forget the pizookie. It may be played out by now, but heck, I'll still eat it.

• fancydancer's Profile Photo

ASIA NOODLE CAFE: What kind of noodle?

by fancydancer Updated Mar 28, 2007

The actual location is almost like a fast food type of set up, but a little nicer. There is a bar, but I've never seen anyone there buying drinks. I like the food though. I usually get a beef and broccoli bowl. It's not too salty. It's very clean....it's Irvine after all. It's right across campus so it's a good place to go for dinner after class with friends.

Mitsui: Great Japanese

by fancydancer Updated Mar 24, 2007

The food here is good, but it could get pricey towards night. Best to eat during the lunch specials so that food stays around 10 dollars for a combo. I really like the ambience in here. It's not to large, but the decor is real nice. There's a tall wall of bamboo that splits up two sections. Some tables are a little close, but for the most part it hasn't been too crowded where that became any sort of problem.

Favorite Dish: Chicken terriyaki and the crunch roll.

• dmrtn's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake factory: The only place we ate

by dmrtn Written Mar 30, 2005

The food was pretty ordinary I think, not bad but nothing special. We were all hungry and very hungover. i ordered a beer and got asked for ID. I thought she was kidding, though obviously her silicone implants clearly cost more than my car at home so I handed over my passport. She had to go and check with her manager if a passport was sufficient to result in me getting a beer. We found this very funny. I'd imagine the novelty would wear off pretty quickly though :-)

Instant Answers: Irvine

Comments

Irvine Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Irvine restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Irvine sightseeing.