June Lake Travel Guide

by Cammel11
    by flynboxes

June Lake Things to Do

• by onecrazykitty Written Jul 27, 2008

I went on a 1/2 day excursion on horseback with Frontier Pack Train up the Mountains overlooking Silver Lake. The views were incredible! We saw onolake toward the top and once we got to the top, we were shown a crystal clear spring. the water was so cold and delish! It came from underground so no worries of Giardia...at least I didn't get anything and I even bottled it for the ride back. You have time to tra la la throught the meadows and take photos but the air is quite thin and you run out of breath quickly. My guide was John, he was personable and a great guide. He was patient with the horses unlike other places I have been. I rode on "Randy" a 19 year old Mustang who came from the government round ups. He was a fit horse and could ride circles around the others! The horses were all very well behaved and socialized too.

• National/State Park

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

by flynboxes Written Jan 9, 2006

This is the place to come catch a few rainbows or German browns. There a numberous small lake around there that are regularly stocked with fish during fishing season and a few in the mountains that are not but make for great hikes and a nice fish if you have the skills needed to catch them

• Fishing

• June Lake Hotels

6 Hotels in June Lake

64 Reviews and Opinions

June Lake Hotels

June Lake Restaurants

• by onecrazykitty Written Jul 27, 2008

Very intimate, a great wine list and menu. Not for light eaters...lots of steaks, lobsters etc. The dinner comes with there delightfully unwilted (it is really dry up here) salad with a myraid of homemade tasting dressings. REAL Blue Cheese! They don't give a tiny ball of sourcream for your potato...they bring a bowl! If you are a traditionally timed eater...make reservations, they are only open for dinner. I had the special which was Prime Rib and it came with the real grated horseradish. The only thing bad I have to say is it was a little stuffy in there and there were a lot of plastic plants everywhere.

Favorite Dish: Prime rib and any of their salad dressings! Yummy!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles
    • Seniors

• by onecrazykitty Written Jul 27, 2008

I didn't expect such reasonable prices and such awsome food and service. A June Lake Veteran said their burgers were the best and he was right! I had a Gull Burger with Onion Strings and a Ice Tea. The place was clean, quiet and beautiful to look at. Not to mention they encourage you to walk their grounds and peak in at the Spa. Such a refreshing surprise after getting gouged in town at June Lake. They have a lot of "Healthy" Fare too but after 4 hours of Horseback riding, a hardy lunch was called for.

Favorite Dish: Gull burger with Onion strings

• Women's Travel

• by onecrazykitty Written Jul 27, 2008

Decent food, a bit pricey but they were packed when I got there with 2 others. The beer was Ice Cold but the kitchen was backed up so it took awhile to get our food. Our server comped a beer without us whining at him..very much appreciated. Stick to burgers here though...it is what they are known for.

Favorite Dish: Mammoth Lakes Hefe Beer...mmmmmm.

• Singles

Instant Answers: June Lake

Comments

June Lake Travel Guide
Map of June Lake