Alfonso's Of La Jolla, La Jolla

by TempNomad
  • anagrettel's Profile Photo

Alfonso's Of La Jolla: Great Mexican food and nice service

by anagrettel Written Apr 10, 2006

This Restaurant is one of the best that I have visited in La Jolla, the service is always good, the environment is fun and relax and the food is delicious and really Mexican!

Favorite Dish: Chicken quesadilla & Queso fundido.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Alfonso's of La Jolla: An Affordable Place in La Jolla

by TempNomad Updated Apr 4, 2011

We loved this place. There's an outdoor porch area, a huge indoor seating area, and lots of locals. It's been around forever, and the food and the prices were exactly what we wanted.

Had we been staying over, we would have enjoyed some of their margaritas. Ah well, next time!

Favorite Dish: I loved my quesadilla with mushrooms and veggies in it.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Alfonso's of La Jolla: The best Mexican Food in La Jolla

by lmkluque Updated Nov 6, 2011

Entrance to Alfonso

Located on the famed Prospect Street (San Diego's Version of Rodeo Drive) this is the best Mexican Restaurant in La Jolla--IMO.

The prices for a meal are moderate and there is a choice of dining in or outside all year long. The service is accommodating and friendly in this unassuming place. There is no ocean view, as Alfonso's is on the east side of the street, but it is a fun place to gather with friends, when in the mood for Mexican.

This is a family friendly place and it is busy almost all of the time so arrive before you are hungry or call and make reservations.

Favorite Dish: Anything on the menu is delicious.

I usually order Chicken Fajitas, Carnitas or Chili Relleno depending on my mood at the time. If I'm with someone to share I'll order the Queso Fundido and always their Mexican Margarita.

Alfonsos offers the typical combo plates so everyone in your party should be able to find what they like.

The food is fresh and well made.

• Business Travel