Shopping / The Marina, Long Beach

Know about this? Rate It!

Bayshore on a Spring day
  • jenn_d's Profile Photo

Life in the L B C...as many locals call it

by jenn_d Updated Jan 5, 2003

Bayshore on a Spring day

Favorite thing: I consider Belmont Shore and the marina to be the heart of the city. With its unique shops and inviting restaurants, Second Street retains a small town feel that one would associate with daily life in a beach community. I especailly enjoy this locale because I can step from the beaches of Bayshore to a variety of bars and restaurants in a matter of minutes.

Pick up a free copy of the Grunion Gazette for local news and restaurant coupons.

Fondest memory: My favorite memories of Long Beach are of the mornings that I spent with my teammates out on the glassy water as the sun was just begining to creep up. One particular evening at the end of our season we took out an eight and left our handprints under the bridge that connects Naples to Belmont Shore. This picture was taken atop of that same bridge looking out towards Bayshore.

• Beaches

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

check out the great shopping...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: check out the great shopping malls here!

Fondest memory: These are my favorite haunts... :-))

LONG BEACH TOWNE CENTER

7575 Carson Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90808

Phone: (562) 938-1722

This is a lovely open-air community mall featuring approximately 850,000 square feet(!!) of big box retail, theater, entertainment, fashion, restaurants, and specialty stores. Hm...!

PINE SQUARE

270 Pacific Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone: (562) 435-1034

This is a cool retail and entertainment center featuring a AMC 16-screen theater, Ben & Jerry's, Johnny Rockets, La Salsa and other interesting shops... Love this place!

SOUTH COAST PLAZA

3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Phone: (714) 435-2000

Website: www.southcoastplaza.com

Now, this is truly a California landmark... with 250 design-fashion-trendy stores and fine dining amidst art, museums, cinemas, gardens and parks. Shopping shuttle is available from downtown Long Beach hotels to South Coast Plaza.

LONG BEACH MARKETPLACE

Check out their cool website: http://www.marketplacelongbeach.com

My fave place to chill out! Here's the map... since I can't possibly find the words to elaborate any further.

Instant Answers: Long Beach