Know about this? Rate It!
The Lakewood Equestrian Center offers pony rides Wednesday through Sunday.
A petting zoo with farm animals also sits on the grounds.
11369 E. Carson, Across from the LB Marketplace between the 605 Fwy and Studebaker Road.
$3 for the horse ride
$1 for the petting zoo
Ethan chose the black horse.
- Family Travel
- Horse Riding
Enjoy L.B. away from beach: El Dorado Park
The good thing about big cities is that they have an official big natural park setting for the public. Park features usually include sporting facilities, bird watching and a man-lake with duckies. El Dorado in L.B. is no exception with the duckies and all...but it is special with many other amenities.
Park Features (Eastpark, 7550 E. Spring St
First come, first served BBQ grills
4 miles of bicycle trails
Glider flying area and model sailboat area (radio controlled)
Nature Center - Closed Mondays!
Entry (with car) is $3 at park. See website for many more details!
- National/State Park
- Family Travel
Bluff Park. This is a 1 1/2 mile long park that runs along the shore between the downtown and Belmont Shore areas. It is long and narrow but has wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean and is very Romantic. There are usually people out every afternoon with remote control gliders. They take advantage of the sea breeze careening off the bluff and fly their gliders for hours.
Bixby Park. Long Beach has a very large number and variety of parks. They are well kept and well used. This one is packed every weekend but the view of the Pacific Ocean makes up for the crowding. My dog Bosco loves it too. Here he is taking a break after a 2 mile run.
Fishing Piers at Pierpoint Landing
Fishing Piers at Pierpoint Landing. They are never crowded like the big piers and have great views. That is the Queen Mary across from this one.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Long Beach Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Fort Necessity State Park Hotels
- Carolina Beach Hotels
- La Línea de la Concepción
- Bukit Fraser
- Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site Hotels
- Cambridge Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path