Know about this? Rate It!
Better than Central Park
The El Dorado Nature Center remains a well kept secret. Many long time residents are not even aware of its existence. It is tucked in an eastern coner of the city just off the San Gabriel river bed and bike path. The grounds have an information center which offers information and the local flora and fauna that covered Long Beach prior to housing development. The park guides offer tours for small groups however you can borrow a birdwatching and plant guide from the ranger station if you prefer to explore on your own. If you are very quiet you might come across some deer, racoons, foxes or coyotes. The 2 mile hiking path runs beside a turtle filled lake and winds through the pleasant terrain. Jogging and bicycles and dogs are strictly prohibited. The Nature Center is located on Spring Street between the 605 fwy and Studebaker Road. Parking is $3 and admission is free though donations a cheerfully accepted.
Museum of Art
Museum of Art. Long Beach plays second fiddle to LA in almost everything when it comes to recognition and notoriety. Consequently, there are some wonderful things that most visitors miss when they come here. The museum has a small but impressive collection of American and Modern Art. If you like art, this is a 'must see'.
Long Beach Walking Tours - only $5!
That's right - most cities charge about $20! Check out lbheritage.org for an interesting insight to the 5th largest city in California.
1st and 3rd Saturdays (10am til about 12:30ish) you travel down Pine Ave to Ocean and back up the Promenade, seeing things you would never know existed! On 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings, check out the East Village Arts District (dot org!) from a historical, architectural view...
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Long Beach Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ko Lanta
- Taroona Hotels
- Burma Hotels
- Kruger National Park Hotels
- Mont Choisy Hotels
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Málaga Off The Beaten Path
- Srinagar Off The Beaten Path
- Bahai Temple
- Sardegna Off The Beaten Path
- Norfolk (County) Off The Beaten Path
- Kalgoorlie Off The Beaten Path
- Provincia de Cartago Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Paula Off The Beaten Path
- Ponta Delgada Off The Beaten Path
- Wellington Off The Beaten Path
- Daylesford Off The Beaten Path