Places to eat in Long Beach

Most Viewed Restaurants in Long Beach

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Michael's on Naples Ristorante: Amazing Italian Restauramt

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 20, 2014

This restaurant is located in Naples, a neighborhood in Long Beach. Our friends were attending a concert in the area and decided to have dinner hear beforehand. We met them for dinner and though it was a 45 minute trek from our house, it was worth it! We dined in the upstairs patio area which was great. Chef gave us an amuse bouche of chicken pate and balsamic vinegar reduction on a crostini to start. We were 8 people and ordered 2 of the Salsiccia E Polenta which was house made fennel sausage with polenta. Very, very good! Chef also gave us a Speck e Buffala pizzette which was also very tasty. Several of us ordered the same dishes. The restaurant is known for the hand crafted pastas. So, ordering a pasta dish was high on our "must try" list. The menu changes every day is what we were told. My boyfriend and I shared a roasted beet salad with goat cheese, crispy prosciutto and hazelnut brittle that was excellent! The duck ravioli with pistachio and shallot sauce was delicious. The roast chicken was cooked perfectly and tasted so good. Branzino can be cooked whole or fillet. Fillet with skin on was very good. And, the Puttanesca with squid ink pasta was great. The corkage is tricky if you bring your own wine. 3 bottle maximum per table at $20 per bottle and as long as the wine you bring is not being offered at the restaurant. However, if you buy one of their bottles of wine, they will have the corkage. FYI, the wines on their list is priced reasonably. A lot of restaurants in LA will triple the price of the wine but this restaurant was about double and what a wine list! We over all had a great experience and will definitely return to dine here again!

• Wine Tasting

The Grinder: Cooking great since 1968~

by Yaqui Written May 27, 2013

The food, service, and prices were great. Will come back here again. Here is some history of the restaurant.

Everything about the original Grinder was a change from the early 1960's coffee shop, right down to the name. The founders wanted to focus on specialty hamburgers in their new coffee shop, with an emphasis on freshness. The elements of ground coffee, ground beef and freshness led to the name Grinder.

Co-founder and President Bert Blender brought to the Grinder three generations of operational experience from his family's residence-inn near the banks of the Danube in Sigmaringen, Germany. Blender and his partners used their operational expertise to establish a formula for affordable, fine, fresh food to serve to people throughout Southern California.

From the start, the founders departed from the brightly-lighted plastic monotony of a typical 60's coffee shop and created restaurants with warm colors and soft lighting.

22nd Street Landing Sport Fishing: Great Food & Views

by Yaqui Written May 27, 2013

Frank Hall was a World War 11 hero who served as a bomber pilot flying B-17’s over Germany. He was shot down three times and miraculously escaped from the Germans each time. After the war he ran a fishing boat called "Sharpshooter" and in 1963 he bought the original Skipper’s 22nd Street Landing which was founded in 1938. He operated Skipper's out of two trailers next to a fast-food stand called Googie's.

Both businesses shared a common dirt parking lot and were very successful in spite of the simple setting. In 1986 the Port of Los Angeles informed Frank that in order for him to renew his lease with them, he would have to construct a 16,000 square foot commercial building on the site which would include a large restaurant on the top floor. Dick Mannila, a Vietnam Veteran who was medically retired from the Marine Corps was hired to build the project.Dick had successfully built restaurants around the nation as a partner in Borel Restaurant Corporation which eventually grew to 31 restaurants doing business as the Rusty Scupper, Borel's and Nightwatch. The restaurants were sold to Nestle's Food Company in 1978. The present building was built in 1989.

• 1 more image

Russo's Neighborhood Ristorante & Bar: Great Pasta for 24 Years!

by breadini Written Apr 1, 2013

The Restaurant is classy and but you come in casual attire. The staff is friendly and warm. It has seating inside and out. Complimentary Fresh Baked Focaccia Bread is provided to every customer.

Favorite Dish: I had the Grilled Artichoke for an appetizer and the Naples Plaza Lasagna di Casa for my main course. The artichoke was delicious and came with a very tasty dipping sauce. It was a large, whole artichoke, grilled to bring out the savory flavor. The Lasagna was so flavorful and filling. It had plenty of cheese and sauce to please. I had enough leftovers for a whole other meal!

• Sailing and Boating

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Archibald's: Savor Fast and Good Food in Belmont Shore

by marinarena Updated Mar 30, 2013

If you want to dine all-American style style without going to MacDo, give Arhcibald's a try. It is a gourmet version of fast food. It is located along the trendy 2nd St in Belmont Shore neighborhood.

Here you can grub on burgers, sandwiches, tacos, burritos, fish and chips and more! What's nice here on the menu is that breakfast is served all day. So, if you are in the mood for eggs and bacon after 12 pm, you will be satisfied here!

I was drawn in by the 2 for 1 tacos deal. This is a place where I'd hang out often. The atmosphere is quaint and fun with music (often 60s theme) and TV. The dining area itself is quite small but colorful with a diner parlor seating. How cozy!

Favorite Dish: I had fish tacos here on 2 for 1 day. I like how the lettuce was dark green, instead of the light, almost white-green produce that has less nutrients. Everything on the menu is cooked fresh right after the order. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is when considering that this is American fast food! Try any burger or sandwich here because these are menu specialities.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Promenade Cafe: Family Friendly Dinning with a view!

by Yaqui Updated Mar 29, 2013

Casual American cuisine served here is a family-friendly restaurants. They serve breakfast, quick lunch or casual dinner, that specializes in gourmet burgers, seasonal salads and comfort food classics like fish & chips, macaroni & cheese and of course, meatloaf. They put us all the way to end, but we had a view that was fantastic. We orderd the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich for $13~Thin Sliced Beef, Grilled Onion, Mushrooms, Peppers, with Provolone Cheese, served with either Salads or Sandwiches include Choice of Fresh Fruit, Coleslaw, Fresh Chips or French Fries. (Very tasty!)

HOURS AND INFORMATION:
    Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Sunday – Thursday: 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
    Friday & Saturday: 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
    Parking is $5 with validation (up to 3 hours)
    Reservations are not necessary

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Panvimarn Thai Cuisine: Close to Airport and Fabulous

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Dec 15, 2012

It's not in a very trendy location like Naples or Belmont Shores, but don't turn your nose up because it really is one of the best Thai restaurants that I have ever been to. It's quite a pretty place as well.

Favorite Dish: Update 12/14/2012
    After looking forward to visiting this restaurant again for the past two years and eating the wonderful Temple of the King Curry, I went there on Thursday only to find they had taken it off the menu. I was really disappointed, but every other dish that was brought to the table was wonderful so my disappointment did not last long.

Original post 2010
    Temple of the King Curry (their version of massaman curry). My favorite in any Thai restaurant, but Panvimarn's version is the best I have ever had.
    "Delicious tender chicken legs, potatoes, onions and peanuts stewed in a mas-sa-man curry coconut sauce."

Kao Aob Pol-La-Mai. This is delicious, however if you don't like sweet then this isn't for you.
    Fried rice with raisin, dried cranberries, dried apricots, green onion and shrimp.

These are my favorites, but judging from the packed house each time I have been, everything must be good.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Tequila Jack's: Average to Good Mex at Shoreline

by marinarena Written Mar 3, 2012

Tequila Jack's is just that-average to good. It, along with Yard House, is a popular all-around choice at Shoreline Village. Best thing here is that you get plenty of food for the price, entrees are generally kind to the wallet. I can't judge the tequila here as I came for the grub.

Favorite Dish: fish tacos, fulfilling!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency Long Beach~The Tides: Buffet!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

I had breakfast here the first morning. I had the buffet since going Al La Cart would had cost just as much. They had a wondeful wide assortment of fruits, oatmeal, muffins, toast and lots of piping hot entrees. About the only thing I didn't like was the cost, kind of expensive. Yet, I was comfortable and the service was great.

Hours: Breakfast: 6:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Quacho Grill: Nice!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

Another wonderful place that was right next door to my training class. I had their salad, which was very good and filling. Yet, it was the most expensive salad I had ever had. It was not crowded at all and had a nice view of outside.

Favorite Dish: GAUCHO SALAD 13 GRILLED CHICKEN, LETTUCE, TOMATOES, ONIONS, PEPPERS WITH HOUSE DRESSING.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Famous Daves: Best BBQ Food!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

Although, Famous Dave's BBQ is a chain restaurant, I find that I am never disappointment with the food and service. I decided to have a nice dinner one of my nights stay, but most of the restaurants were crowded. I took my chance here. It was busy, but they gave me a table right away, which was nice. I tried the BBQ Nacho's, but sadley I could not finish it. Awesome meal.

Favorite Dish: BBQ Nacho's

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt On the Boardwalk: Pink Fun!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

A great place to stop and have a treat. I found this place while exploring the Shoreline Village. It was a beautiful, but a hot day too. Having a simple single swirl ice cream cone, was awesome!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Gladstone's: Great Views & Seafood!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

I am not a huge fan of seafood, but I like shrimp, especially coconut shrimp. At the time I finally took a break from exploring and I stopped here because it was so close to the hotel. Fantastic located! I didn't see the coconut shrimp on the dinner menu, but the nice waitress asked them to make it for me and they did. It was delicious! I had a window view of the harbor, which was awesome!

Favorite Dish: Coconut Shrimp with pineapple plum sauce--7.00(L) 13.00(D)

• Business Travel

• Tantalum Restaurant (Pan-Asian): ...

by Phalaenopsis03 Updated Sep 21, 2011

While the food here wasn't terrible and the ambiance actually pretty hip and happening, I have to say that our party was disappointed in the service. Our cousin, AJ made the reservation for Tantalum in the hopes that it would be a great venue for the cousins to unwind, relax, and bond. However, as soon as he stepped through the door and approached the hostess, he was immediately greeted with, "Just a reminder that you have a two-hour reservation." Ok, thanks for the reminder. Then, when we made the request to be seated near the center of the restaurant for views of the waterfront (we did see seats available), we were escorted to the back corner of the establishment instead where no one else was seated. Immediately upon finishing our desserts, we left the place for fear of being kicked out exactly at 10pm (but seriously, who eats at 10pm anyway???). After dinner, we then decided to take a stroll around the waterfront. Walking the outside perimeter of the glassed-restaurant we noticed that the prime seats (window-seating) were occupied by non-ethnic folks. Hm, coincidence or not? Needless to say, I don't recommend this restaurant. Any place that would make one feel like a second-class citizen deserves to lose business.

• Ritaroni's Profile Photo

The Claim Jumper: Always Crowded, Get There Early

by Ritaroni Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Claim Jumper is always packed with a line of people waiting to get in. The food is served in large portions, enough to take home and have two more meals. They serve a chocolate cake called the Motherlode that is big enough to feed a small army.

Not only do you get ample portions here, but the food is actually very good.

• Seniors

Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center
Marriott Long Beach
Latest: Apr 21, 2014

Instant Answers: Long Beach

Comments

Long Beach Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Long Beach locals.
Map of Long Beach