Parker's Lighthouse, Long Beach

• Parker's Lighthouse
    by Yaqui
    Parkers Lighthouse from Shoreline Park
    by DJ_Rolo
  • Parker's Lighthouse: Horrible customer service!

by PatrickE14 Written Sep 17, 2014

The only positive aspect of this restaurant was the incredible view. The food seemed overpriced due to the small portion size and the bland flavors. My service experience was highly unacceptable and also contributes to such a low rating.
    It was my father-in-law's 60th birthday and we had called in a reservation with instructions that we were bringing some birthday cake that needed to be kept in a freezer, they agreed and said it could be done. Upon arrival the ice cream cakes were given to the manager at the reception desk with specific instructions. When time came to bring out the cakes the manager brought out the melted cakes without explanation or apology. I had even observed some waiters laughing as they walked by commenting on how the management had screwed up. This had many of the family members extremely upset die to the lack of communication from the management. On top of it all, no concessions of any kind were offered for their mistake. Our experience had made such a negative impression that I felt this review was necessary for other potential customers.

This oversight of the management with the lack of explanation or apology was unacceptable on every level and as a result make the assessment that the service was highly lacking with incompetent service. This incident with the bland food and high price makes this restaurant only good for the view. There are plenty of great views in Long Beach with better food, prices, and definitely service.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Parkers' Lighthouse: Awesome views!

by Yaqui Written Oct 23, 2011

Located at the end of Shoreline Village, it is considered one of Long Beach's premiere waterfront restaurants. Food was good and so was the service. The views here at night a pretty awesome.

• Business Travel

• Parker's Lighthouse: Out of this World

by ndp Written Mar 6, 2007

The food and the waitress was awesome.

It was my first visit to this resturant, I was visiting CA for the weekend and happen to drive by it, and i am so GLAD that I stopped and ate there.

Favorite Dish: I can't really say what is my favorite, everything there is GREAT.

I had the artichoke dip and Caesar salad for and appetizer, then me and my friend actually split the Filet mignon and Lobster dishes, and ate till we were stuffed.

Have to go back again!!!

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

Parker's Lighthouse: Its good!

by DJ_Rolo Written Feb 23, 2006

Parkers Lighthouse is a very nice restaurant located in Shoreline Village. It has a great view of the Pacific Ocean and the Queen Mary. It has a patio so you can enjoy the ocean air. The food here is pretty good. Im not a big seafood fan, but i like this place. Ive eaten here a few times, but i dont remember exactly what i ordered. They also have this chocolate dessert that was absolutely Delicious, forgot the name. Overall a great place to dine..

Parkers Lighthouse from Shoreline Park

• Parker's Lighthouse: Skip the Food and Serve the View!

by aycha Updated Feb 17, 2006

Cuisine: Eclectic

It's such a shame that I cannot find a darnned thing to eat at this restaurant. Every dish is a disappointment but every seat in the house is a winner. The eatery was built on one of the prime spots in the Long Beach harbor which affords sweeping views of the lighthouse and the Queen Mary. Perhaps they should skip the food altogether and serve the view!

Favorite Dish: Eat at the Yard House and come here after. Walk all the way up to the 3rd floor bar area, grab a glass of blush and chill out while you watch the boats go by.

• Beaches

• Patrick's Lighthouse: Patrick's Lighthouse

by empos Written Aug 26, 2002

Our waiter was excellent and so was the outdoor atmosphere. They even have propane heat lanterns placed outside because it gets a little cool even in the summer when the sun starts to set.

Favorite Dish: I've only been there once and I don't like seafood much, but I asked our waiter (Kelly) what he would recommend for someone like me and he suggested the fresh, grilled halibut. I ordered that and didn't regret it. The halibut was wonderful. I also ordered desert - the apple tart - oh my was it good and HUGE!

• ejroberts's Profile Photo

A sunset dinner at Parker's...

by ejroberts Written Aug 24, 2002

A sunset dinner at Parker's Lighthouse in Shoreline Village is a great way to end the day. This restaurant has it all -- fresh seafood, ocean breezes and twilight views of the Queen Mary and the Harbor.

Favorite Dish: Parker's menu features fresh fish and seafood, prime rib, lobster, pastas and chicken specialties.

Instant Answers: Long Beach

Comments

Hotels Near Parker's Lighthouse
4.0 out of 5 stars