Markets, Long Beach

Know about this? Rate It!

• Markets
    by jenn_d
    Early morning at the market
    by jenn_d
  • jenn_d's Profile Photo

Wild Oats: Pack for a Picnic

by jenn_d Updated Feb 13, 2003

Wild Oats Market is relatively new to the Long Beach area and is the perfect place to stop on the way to the beach to grab unique and healthful picnic items. Wild Oats strives to provide organic foods and the freshest picked fruits and vegetables.

The market has a deli and coffee shop on the end perfect for sanwhiches or a latte on the go.

Great selections of side dishes as well.

What to buy: The Guacamole Salsa has big chunks of avocado and lots of onion....don't forget the breath mints.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Farmers Market: A Sunday Morning Tradition

by jenn_d Written Dec 8, 2002

Early morning at the market

Every Sunday morning from 9-1 I make my trek to the outdoor Farmer's Market where I purchase a weeks worth of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, flowers and fresh baked breads.

Seafood and handmade sauces and pastas are also available.

What to buy: The best free range eggs I have ever eaten anywhere in the world! When I arrive home I usually make an omlette filled with fresh veggies.

Be sure to pick up some fresh pita bread. I can think of few other bread products with only 70 calories that tastes so wonderful.

For the martini fans among us... do not pass up the Vermouth soaked olives sold by the Adams family.

What to pay: The prices are cheaper and the quality is incomparable.

Instant Answers: Long Beach

Comments

Other Shopping in Long Beach