Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

Know about this? Rate It!

Hollywood Bowl
    by seagoingJLW
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

The Hollywood Bowl

by Agraichen Written Sep 30, 2004

Favorite thing: In the heart of Greater LA (ok, actually Hollywood), the Hollywood Bowl has been an icon of the concert world. Created in 1922, the Los Angeles Philharmoic has serenaded crowds annually.

The "shell" was added in 1929 but had terrible acoustics and was quite small; thus almost 1/3 of the orchestra sat outside the shell.

The Bowl is easliy accessable by car or city bus and is located only a short walk from the famed Hollywood walk of the stars.

Located just off of Hwy 101 (Highland Exit) at 2301 N. Highland Ave, Hollywood. The phone number is (323) 850-2000 and web site for tickets www.hollywoodbowl.com

• Theater Travel

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Attend a Concert at the Hollywood Bowl

by seagoingJLW Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: I remember going to the Hollywood Bowl. When we left our motel (in 1946) it was really hot, but we had to take sweaterswith us. Up in the hills where the Hollywood Bowl was, as I remember it, we were quite chilly.

Hollywood Bowl

• The best thing I liked about...

by FLT005 Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: The best thing I liked about LA was the city in it self. I enjoyed taking the tour of the stars home. I also enjoyed eatting on Melrose Ave at a place called 'The Burger That Ate LA'. I vistied Universal Studios Hollywood, Gromans Theater, The Shrine Autitoriom, Capital Records, Wilshire Blvd, The Beverly Hills Hotel, The Hollywood Bowl& The Walk of Stars. These are not all that I visited I just cannot remeber everything, these are what stood out.

Fondest memory: Shopping at the Garment District.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles