Universal Studios, Los Angeles

Know about this? Rate It!

by vigi
    by vigi
    by ladygolfer
  • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Buy a drink, keep the cup

by SLLiew Written Feb 7, 2007

Example of refillable - Jurassic Park @Universal

Favorite thing: While drinks are more expensive at tourist places like Universal Studios and Disneyland, you might consider buying a souvenir cup that you can take home.

Some are even refillable. So under the hot sun, the whole day, you can top up your drink with your special cup and drink too much soda. At least, you will not be dehydrated.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Victoria Station - great memories

by SLLiew Written Oct 17, 2006

Favorite thing: A railway station themed restaurant that used to have over a hundred branches arcoss USA. There was one outside of Universal Studio and was often the resting and meeting place after a full day or plus evening at Universtal Studio.

Besides dining in train carriages, there was an excellent high tea buffet to fill the stomach before dinner. Too bad, this icon is no longer there but I am sure past visitors of Universal Studio will have fond memories too.

• vigi's Profile Photo

Universal Studios

by vigi Written Jun 29, 2004

Fondest memory: Next morning, we drove to Universal Studios immediate after breakfast. It was very fun, I think it's more interesting than Disney Land, at least much better than the Tokyo Disney (I've only been to Euro Disney and Tokyo Disney). We spent 7 hours here, instead of original plan of half day visit.

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

A visit to Universal Studios...

by neopetsfan Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: A visit to Universal Studios consists of two parts. At the boxoffice you have to make reservations for the tram ride through the studio's. Afther that spend your time enjoying the many spectacular shows that are being performed.To get to the studio's you have to decent the longest escalator in the World. The tram ride takes you along King Kong, Jaws, avalanches, earthquaks and the original sets of movies like Psycho, Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. Some of the shows are Waterworld and Terminator 3D.

• Randall_Burt's Profile Photo

Picture is TV Star Gearge...

by Randall_Burt Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Picture is TV Star Gearge Pappard. He played Hanibal the leader of the Ateam. He passed away not to long ago. This was at ATeam Stunt Show at Universal Studios Hollywood. He was in the crowd watching the Stunt show.

• ladygolfer's Profile Photo

Be aware of the Customs men...

by ladygolfer Written Sep 2, 2002

Favorite thing: Be aware of the Customs men and women, they are an awesome site to stay away from. LOL.

Fondest memory: My best memory of Los Angeles must be the company of my friend and the amazing places we went to in a short space of time; The Walk of Fame and Universal Studio's had to be the highlight for me, looking forward to going back some day soon, I hope.

• ihaiag's Profile Photo

Universal Studio's are a must...

by ihaiag Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Universal Studio's are a must for the tourist but we did find that getting around LA a lot more difficult than most cities especially if like me, I was too afraid to drive with the other 17 million cars. So in this city we stuck to tours that every body else does

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Krystynn's General Tip

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Taking a short respite here at Universal Studios (pant! pant!!)... after an exhausting day of fun, laughter and queuing up for rides.

P.S. We really deserve an award for Patience'; we had to queue for an average of 1 hour per ride (not kidding!).

Photo below: Here I am with Joann Fraccaro (in the middle) and the other Japanese girl (on the right).

P.S. I really must thank Joann for being such a wonderful 'tour guide'; I reckon it was her 5th time visiting Universal Studios that year... no thanks to all those friends of hers who happen to hail from Singapore. ;-)

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

check out Universal Studios...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: check out Universal Studios Hollywood.

Fondest memory: That's me (in the middle) having a fantastic time here with my buddies.

It must have been a very small world because I literally bumped into all of them on board a Singapore Airlines flight en route to Los Angeles!! Guess who was the captain of that flight? Yes, none other than my American friend, Gerry (standing on extreme right in the pic).

Whilst we were on a 1-hour transit stopover in Tokyo, we bumped into yet another friend (the other lovely Japanese lady in the pic). Man, strange things do happen when you board a Singapore Airlines flight (currently the world's #1 airlines)..... ;-)

P.S. Please also surf to my 'HOLLYWOOD' travel page for an indepth look at what we did inside Universal Studios... ;-)) Of course, there are other equally interesting things to do in this part of town. Check them out? Thanks!

• JBER's Profile Photo

LA is my hometown. I am...

by JBER Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: LA is my hometown. I am currently living in Santa Monica. While you're here swim in the ocean, head over to Catalina, spend some time on the beach, check out Universal Studios and experience the Hollywood nightlife. I think that one of the most intriguing things about LA is that most people seem to be transplants from other places. I moved here from the east coast and find the weather and outdoor lifestyle a nice change of pace.

Fondest memory: LA sunsets are hard to beat and there is nothing like a day at the beach playing a little volleyball.

• draguza's Profile Photo

Universal Studios

by draguza Written Aug 9, 2005
    The entrance

Favorite thing: It is amazing you could find out about all the special effects used when shooting a movie in Hollywood

• Theme Park Trips

• vigi's Profile Photo

Water World

by vigi Written Jun 29, 2004

Fondest memory: Water World is my favourite among all shows inside the studio. I got wet sitting in the 2nd rows, and didn't prepare any raincoat. But was very fun though.

• neopetsfan's Profile Photo

I always thought my dad was...

by neopetsfan Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: I always thought my dad was BIG!?!? Can you see which one my dad is??????????

• lisavst's Profile Photo

You MUST MUST go on the...

by lisavst Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: You MUST MUST go on the 'terminator' ride at Universal Studios!! Amazing!!!

Fondest memory: Fake Brests and Limozines!

Below is a photo that I took of Anthony Hopkins!!! :)

Instant Answers: Los Angeles