House Of Blues, Los Angeles

Know about this? Rate It!

• House Of Blues
  • american_tourister's Profile Photo

House of Blues: I'm feeling blue

by american_tourister Updated Feb 16, 2003

The best music spot in LA

HOB on Sunset Strip is probably the best place in all of Southern California to see and hear live music. It has real music afficianados and the local Hollywood "Dress to Impress" crowd all mixed together. Toss in some area residents who want to see specific bands and a gaggle of tourists and you have an interesting mix.

I have seen a lot of bands here and it is where my wife Carren and I had our first date. We saw Coco Taylor and ate Cajun Food. We drank rum and cokes and danced to Chicago Blues. What a first date. I knew she was the girl for me when she took off her shoes so she could boogie.

I have seen:

Eric Johnson (my old friend from Austin)
    Coco Taylor
    Berlin
    No Doubt
    Roomfull of Blues
    Dread Zepplin
    and a lot I can't remember because I was too drunk!

Dress Code: Dress any way you want but try to avoid looking like a tourist. Try not to wear logos of any kind. You can always blend in by being a PIB. That is "People In Black" and that is how the H'Wood crowd dresses.

• Carrie27's Profile Photo

House Of Blues: A great restaurant and entertainment venue

by Carrie27 Updated Jul 17, 2003

This nightspot is special because you can go in and eat some great food while listening to a live band. One time when I went there it was in the afternoon and we sat and listened to a blues band while eating lunch. It was a great atmosphere. The last time I went there it was nighttime and there was a spanish music concert going on in the other part of the restaurant (the part with the large stage). This was fun and I do suggest going at night.

Dress Code: I do not know of any dress code. Both times I wore jeans and a t-shirt. However I did see people moderately dressed up on the night that I went.

• acemj's Profile Photo

by acemj Written Aug 25, 2002

House of Blues
    One of the best places in town to catch high-quality live music acts. Great blues, but also other types of music.

Dress Code: Come as you are, it's laid-back.

• There are many clubs in...

by kika404 Updated Aug 24, 2002

There are many clubs in Hollywood and West L.A.. I personally like the Roxy and the Trubador. For underground parties I can provide you with a phone number with listings of up-coming parties. I also have a web-site that lists parties months ahead. I'm not really a big drinker, but of a few places that have great entertainment and drinks are in The House of Blues, and the Diamond Club.

• rattay's Profile Photo

House Of Blues: House of Blues makes me wanna cry

by rattay Written Feb 17, 2004

There are some good shows at House of Blues. That is where my praise for this place ends. It's overpriced (thus I only go when I get in for free) and is the epitome of corporate attempts at being cool. I once went to a rap show here and there were CHAIRS on one part of the dance floor. CHAIRS!!!! This is not an opera!!! Get off your ass!

• draguza's Profile Photo

House Of Blues: This house rocks more than just blues

by draguza Written Aug 19, 2005

House of Blues

At "The House of Blues" you can see some of the best acts touring nationally, from blues to rock to the occasional drag show, to the Sunday Gospel Brunches .

Dress Code: Casual

• Beer Tasting

• sarabee's Profile Photo

House of Blues on Sunset Blvd.

by sarabee Written Aug 25, 2002

House of Blues on Sunset Blvd.
    Great view of LA from the deck (where the smokers congregate--no smoking in California bars). Great music, and you're sure to spot a celebrity.

Dress Code: Seems like anything goes.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles