Maps & City Guides, Los Angeles

Know about this?

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Best guide book for a familiar visitor...

by steedappeal Written Nov 22, 2010

Miscellaneous: Since I know the city reasonably well I needed a quick-reference guide with helpful neighborhood by neighborhood advice. I really was impressed by the "Knopf Mapguides".

Just enough helpful info in a compact guide.

• Business Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Traveling to LA

by Dabs Updated Jan 15, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: On my last two trips, in March and October, I didn't wear shorts at all, only could wear sandals a couple of days and was glad to have packed long sleeve shirts and a couple of fleece pullovers.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Toiletries and medical supplies are readily available at local pharmacies

Photo Equipment: Nothing special

Miscellaneous: This may sound strange but I really wish I had packed some CDs for those long traffic jams I had to endure. I couldn't find a decent radio station and finally had to settle for an easy listening station or a classic rock station depending on who was traveling with me.

Buy a good roap map of Los Angeles if you are driving, you know the foldable kind from Rand McNally. And if you are going beyond Los Angeles, make sure it includes the places you are going. I have one of Central Los Angeles California that has served me well.

A basic guidebook is also helpful, I used a Fodors or Frommers guide on my last trip that I had checked out of the library which would be perfectly adequate for a 1st visit to Los Angeles.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles