Canter's Deli, Los Angeles

4.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

419 N Fairfax Avenue (323) 651-2030

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Canter's Fairfax Delicatessen and Restaurant: A place of Character, Flavor, and Great Service!

by Yaqui Written Mar 3, 2014

My friend suggest this place since it was recommended to her by her sister. Her sister had been coming here since she was a young adult in college. So after our adventure in Malibu, we were ready for a great meal and was not disappointed. Had to drive thru some hectic LA traffic, and find parking which was quirky:)

As you enter the door we had to walk thru the folks who were awaiting their Deli orders. We were seated right away in a dinning room from the 50's. Our service was prompt and polite. After our order of food was delivered to our table, the wonderful waitress checked on us frequently. It is a place we want to return to enjoy once again.

They have a wonderful website that gives the full story of this LA gem.

Favorite Dish: I had the Monte Cristo~Delicious!

My friend had the Fresser~Awesome!

Her daughter had the Hawaiian Burger and it was inhaled!

• Canter's Deli: Hey, we are not all bad

by servergirl Written Sep 9, 2007

As a long time waitress at Canters, I gotta say that you can and mostly do get good service there.I have even been accused of being "too nice" Just avoid any of the waitresses that look older than our really cool vintage interior

Favorite Dish: Pastrami, cuz it is always tasty, not overly fatty or so lean that its dry. You can't go wrong with it

• kidkilowatt's Profile Photo

Canter's Deli: Classic Diner

by kidkilowatt Updated Feb 1, 2005

Canter's is best for great Jewish comfort food, and lots of it. The interior is like your standard garrish diner- flat lighting, pink and gold decor (as I remember), but everything that comes out of the kitchen is delicious and hearty. This diner is just one of those quintessential places that you should visit if you go to LA, because it is steeped in history and is a long time establishment. Bottom line, it is not your average diner, it is far better.

Favorite Dish: Just don't forget to get a knish.

• Canter's Deli: MUST TRY !!

by EricH. Written Oct 3, 2004

The resturant is located in Hollywood surrounded by the Jewis community. The atmosphere is roomy and noisy, definitly not a romantic candle light dinner spot. There is a deli, bakery, and sit down area.

Favorite Dish: The Brooklyn pastrami sandwich. If you have a big appatite the pastrami sandwich will be perfect. The next time I go there, I will pick up a menu and update this mouth watering sandwich.

• bee77's Profile Photo

Canter's Deli: Legendary landmark - Canter's Deli

by bee77 Written Aug 11, 2004

Local spot open 24-7. Ambience is diner style and can be compared ot Noah's Deli but this is more authentic. It's a Los Angeles landmark after all! Great after-hours place to go, instead of the same ole Dennys. Service is so-so...

Food: Huge menu...lots to choose from. Breakfast menu, lunch, dinner...I'm a big breakfast person so Iove that it's available 24 hrs.

Canter's bar, the Kibbitz Room has been a trendy spot for live bands and you might be lucky and catch famous musicians jamming...

Favorite Dish: Anything on the breakfast menu.

• Canter's Deli: Hipster Hangout

by PahaPlace Written May 18, 2004

This is a historical Jewish Deli in the Fairfax district. They serve all kinds of food 24-hours a day. There is live music too. It doesn't look like too much has changed here since the place opened. Lots of interesting people watching here.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles

Comments

Hotels Near Canter's Deli
3.5 out of 5 stars