Hard Rock Cafe, Los Angeles

4.5 out of 5 stars 9 Reviews

8600 Beverly Boulevard (310) 276-7605

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Totally Famous!

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 16, 2007

The food may not be fantastic but it's pretty darn good! It's the ambience that is amazing. Not all HRC are decked out but the one at Universal City Walk is pretty nice. If you have a AAA card you can received an additional 10% discount on your meal.

Favorite Dish: I had the potato skins. They are okay. I wasn't in the mood for a big meal. The burgers are pretty good and pasta dishes are good too!

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd.: Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd.

by TravellerMel Updated Oct 11, 2013

This is an AWESOME location for the Hard Rock Café - right on Hollywood Boulevard, on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and adjacent to the Kodak Theatre. The day we were there, the street was completely blocked off, with only the sidewalks being passable, and a long queue of people. I asked the police officer what was going on - he said they were waiting for a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel Show. I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk away, and he continued to say that they weren't waiting for him, they were in line for the special guest. Who is the special guest? PAUL McCartney! Are you kidding me?? While in the Rock Shop, I started to hear live music, and when we went back out to the sidewalk, there he was - Sir Paul himself - doing a sound check! The sound check turned into a mini-concert, as he probably did seven songs, and hearing the crowd sing back to him to "Band on the Run" and "Let it Be" was just amazing!

OK, I realize this tip is mostly about Paul McCartney... The Café is in a great location, and is quite large. They have some cool memorabilia too - Eddie Van Halen's Frankenguitar, and Jim Morrison's leather pants, to name just a couple of items. We didn't eat here since we had just had lunch at Carney's. The Rock Shop is awesome - there were probably 20 non-clone pins in the case!

• Museum Visits

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

HARD ROCK CAFE HOLLYWOOD: at Universal City:

by Paisleypaul Updated Jan 3, 2010

HRC Hollywood Universal City Walk

OK this is going on LA page - I have separate Hollywood pages and it is called HRC Hollywood- but it is strictly Universal City, and I don't think belongs beside Hollywood Blvd

Reliable as the other chains worldwide are on the London founded franchise that everyone on VT thinks is US in origin! Familiar menu, good service, interesting interior with the hanging car (pictured) and memorabilia from Elvis, Janis, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Grateful Dead, Motley Crue, Rolling Stones and Bo Diddley

Favorite Dish: Santa Fe Spring Rolls to start then Twisted Mac and Cheese and splitting a Fresh Apple Cobbler bertween us for an ambitious ending!

Stretcher!

• Theme Park Trips

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: There's a lot more than the Hard Rock

by keeweechic Updated Sep 6, 2003

In this 'branch' of the Hard Rock Cafe's you will find the usual gold records and sequined stage outfits with the obligatory autographed guitars as well as special items like Stings scooter from "Quadrophenia" and John Lennon's original lyrics to "Help" that he scrawled in pen on a piece of cardboard.

No surprises with the meals. There is also a Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studios.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: One In Almost Every Major City Of The World

by lmkluque Updated Aug 25, 2012

Why does she want so many pics?

No need to describe this world wide chain. Who hasn't been to at least one? In fact, there are so many locations these days that it seems the Hard Rock Cafe, no longer creates the individual image it once generated.

Believe it or not, the first HRC opened in the early 1970's in the city of London, England and it was Eric Clampton who first hung his guitar on the wall near his favorite bar stool that started the the famed tradition.

The Los Angeles location was the first HRC I'd ever been to and it was quite interesting to me. The kids had fun searching the walls for the remnants of past and present Rock Stars, such as clothing items worn by various old and new Rockers on tours or to photo shoots, the handwritten words of John Lennon to the song, "Help," even Elvis Presley's Harley Davidson motorcycle could be seen.

The line we stood in to get a table for lunch, was much shorter than the line to buy a souvenir. What surprised me most was that the prices were quite reasonable and the food was very good.

Favorite Dish: The food was unique in the sense that the menu was full of old fashion style hamburgers--not the McDonalds or Jack-in-the-Box type--and other dishes reminiscent of the earlier days of Rock and Roll, when "soda fountains" were the popular hang-out for most teens. Hard Rock even offered the old favorite, Hot Fudge Sundaes and even Root Beer Floats. Of course, the more popular items of the present day are available on the menu as well.

• School Holidays

• Lensmeister's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Food, Music & Neon

by Lensmeister Written Jun 30, 2005
    The Neon Guitar.

After a long day visiting Universal studios we needed a good meal. As we alked along the Universal City walk we found the Hard Rock Cafe with it's giant guitar. Getting a seat for the three adults and a highchair for our son we ate our meals. Right next to the stage, and we even managed a in seat p[urchase of the Hard Rock Cafe pins, bears and T-Shirt!

Favorite Dish: One word ... RIBS .......

Yes we all had diffrent things but mine were the ribs ... and wonderful they were.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: It's Tradition!

by HotRodEtte Written Jul 1, 2005

I am one of those people who can't go on vacation without eating at Hard Rock. After all, it's L.A.!!! This is THE place to visit the Hard Rock Cafe. After all, this is where the stars and the musicians are anyway! Who knows, you may even run into one.

One night during the week (although I can't recall), they turn it into a hip hop dance club after 9 PM.

Favorite Dish: They are definitely famous for their burgers but I try to sample something different every time I go.

• Hard Rock Cafe: Try Queenstown, NZ

by DShay Written Jan 10, 2009

Loved it. Food just like all the other Hard Rock Cafe's throughout the world, however, just wanted to let the person from NZ who said there wasn't one there, that YES -- we went to Hard Rock Cafe in Queenstown, NZ

• Reviled's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Heaps of places to eat

by Reviled Written Aug 21, 2007

I loved this place, we dont have one in New Zealand so was really cool to see one in person, I had allways heard so much about it.

Favorite Dish: The steak was great, allthough its nothing like the meat we get in NZ, sorry America...

Instant Answers: Los Angeles

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars