In-n-Out Burger, Los Angeles

• In-n-Out Burger
    by nkhong
  • In-n-Out Burger
    by kimberlyfisher1
    the standard drive thru menu!
    by kimberlyfisher1
  • dsgw25's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: Don't miss In and Out burger

by dsgw25 Written Nov 3, 2004

Fabulous hamburger place!!! It is fast good, but great! I go there everytime I am in L.A. All of their food is fresh- they do not freeze any of their meet or anything else. Their french fries are made right there (you can watch) with whole potatoes. They cut them and cook them-nothing instant. Secret tip for In and Out lovers- order your burger "animal style." It comes with grilled onions and a secret tangy sauce. You can call 1-800-786-1000 and tell them where you are at and they will tell you where the closest in and out burger is.

Favorite Dish: Cheeseburger animal style

• USCgirlie's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: Best burgers of a fast-food joint!

by USCgirlie Updated Mar 30, 2006

In-n-Out is extremely popular in California, so much so that it's almost like it has a cult following. Lines are really long and you can wait around 10 minutes just to get your food, which is usually unheard of in fast food restaurants. However, the wait is completely worth it as the burgers and fries are delicious. The ingredients are incredibly fresh, as they do not own freezers, microwaves, or heat lamps and have fresh food shipped out daily, unlike other burger places. Known only by In-n-Out fans, you can have your burger and fries specially made. For example, "animal-style fries" differ from the average french fries in that grilled onions, thousand island sauce, and melted cheese are placed on top of the fries. These, and their regular fries, are extremely popular. Burgers can also be made in special ways as well. In-n-Out is even Zagat-rated (with a very high Food score of 24), which is the famous guide that rates America's best restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Double-double (burger) and animal-style fries - absolutely delicious meal (unfortunately not that healthy though).

• paulvir's Profile Photo

In-n-Out: The way hamburger should be.

by paulvir Updated Jul 8, 2010

I would recommend checking out In-n-Out next to LAX. It's across the street from the airport but of course you can't really walk there as LAX is Huge. There is a free shuttle (which is actually shuttle for Parking Spot) that goes from LAX to a parking structure next to the In-n-Out.

Check out this youtube video to find out how to get there.

Favorite Dish: #1 is my favorite.
    This is NOT McDonalds or Burger King.

• Business Travel

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: Certain things in life u can't live without...

by kimberlyfisher1 Updated Aug 22, 2007

the standard drive thru menu!

There are certain things in life I can’t live without.

Air.

My blackberry.

And In and Out Burger.

Without actually tasting a burger from In and Out, you have no idea how incomplete your life is.

Yes, it is a drive thru.

Yes, it has a very small, limited menu.

Yes, it is literally the best burger on the planet.

I do enjoy a great Kobe Beef burger from the Beverly Hills Hotel, but nothing comes close to the extreme ecstasy you will get from an In and Out Burger. The freshness of the products, the diner-style interiors, the always smiling staff, and the speedy drive thru just adds to the In and Out ambiance. Just wait until you take the first bite of the fresh, juicy, 100% beef patty, the way it combines with the crisp lettuce and the sweet tomatoes on a warmly toasted bun...mmmm.....

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish, hands down= protein-style cheeseburger.

THE MENU:

#1 Double-Double Combo. Includes 2 100% beef patties, 2 slices cheese, lettuce, tomato, spread, with or without onions.

#2 Cheeseburger Combo.

#3 Hamburger Combo.

~ fries

~sodas, iced tea, and shakes.

THE SPECIAL SECRET MENU:
    (but not so secret anymore)

includes:

In-n-Out Burger: A California Institution

by Dabs Updated Nov 6, 2012

In-N-Out

Last visit November, 2012

Californians are passionate about their In-N-Out Burger's, the drive thru is always stacked with cars, there is always a line inside with people waiting patiently for their orders. I usually find myself at In-N-Out at least once when I'm in So Cal and this trip was no exception, there was one just up the street from my hotel in Oxanrd.

Favorite Dish: Not the best hamburger I've ever had but it sure beats the burger chains we have in the Midwest except for Culver's which has really good butter burgers. I usually do the double double, it comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and a special sauce and of course two beef patties but this time I got the single because they started putting the calorie count on the menu-yikes! Fries are hand cut and a fairly substantial portion, I saw some people getting their fries animal style and they looked really yummy. The chocolate milkshakes, made with real ice cream, are also really good.

The menu is very simple, you can get a double-double, a cheeseburger or a hamburger, fries, milkshakes and soft drinks. That's it. Well, except for the not so secret, secret menu And according to this website, employees will alter the standard menu in lots of different ways. Damn, I wish I had known about fries served animal style, those look pretty tasty!!!

• hoz's Profile Photo

In N Out Burger: Good, but the BEST?

by hoz Written Jul 14, 2010

After reading all the fuss about In n Out I finally got the chance to try it on our recent West Coast Road trip. The place was packed, both inside and the drive through. I parked on the street and we walked in. It was sort of a madhouse but the counter help was working hard to fill the orders.

I got the double double garbage combo and my wife a single. My first impression was the burger seemed small. The fries are cut on site and were tasty at first but they died before I finished the meal.

They're good, but not THE BEST.

I think it's the cache of being available only in California and Las Vegas that adds to the In N Out mystique. For my money they don't compare to a Hardees Thickburger or one from Five Guys.

Favorite Dish: DoubleDouble garbage.

• mbstone's Profile Photo

Everywhere: Fast Food

by mbstone Updated Dec 12, 2002

Courtesy In & Out Burger

L.A. is a big flat expanse of real estate; drive in any direction and you will encounter Fast Food. Jack In The Box, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, McDonald's, In & Out Burger, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken. A more local style of Fast Food is Tommy's Original Burgers, laden with cheese and chili. If you miss your turn keep driving and there will be another fast food joint in no time. Ditto for gas stations and convenience stores.

Favorite Dish: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, burritos, tacos, you name it. Favorites include Jack In The Box, 2 tacos for 99c; Chicken Club from Carl's Jr. Whopper from Burger King.

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Hamburgers: Have one animal style!

by american_tourister Updated Dec 25, 2002

In-N-Out Hamburgers! They are the best. They are all family owned and have not changed the menu since 1948. It is burgers, fries, sodas, and milkshakes. Period, no more, no less. The burgers are not big but they are 'Hot and Fresh'.
    They have remained true to their origins and are overwhelmingly popular in SoCal.

Favorite Dish: The Double-Double. Two patties and two cheese slices. About as big as a Big Mac but mucho tastier!

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: THE Burger to end all burgers

by HotSpotJ Written Dec 24, 2007
    In-N-Out

In-N-Out is something that Californians have taken for granted far too long. I cannot wait for this great place to dominate the world so that I might order my burger "Animal Style" wherever I may go. In-N-Outs are located all over California, mostly concentrated in the L.A. / Ventura area. They have a very basic menu with an underground jargon for customizations- my favorite was Animal Style (double sauce and sloppy as hell. You can't just ask for extra-this or without-that, you should know the jargon or you get it as-is. Expect long lines but very quick service, and the most natural fries you ever tasted (they slice the potatos right in front of you!) If you've never had it, believe me, its one of the best fast food tastes I've ever had.

Favorite Dish: #1 (Double) Animal Style with a Root Beer

• Singles

• silly659's Profile Photo

In-N-Out: Something even for the vegetarians

by silly659 Written Mar 18, 2008

It's part of the California experience, I bring all my visitors here and they all love it, meat lovers as well as vegetarians . There's always a line but it's worth it. You can't miss it with the bold yellow and red colors. There are multiple locations throughout California. You won't have to think much due to their short listed menu and you can ask for things to be made "animal style" for a little more kick. They have great shakes and if you can't decide between the strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, you can get a mixture of all theree.

Favorite Dish: Since I dont' eat beef- I was skeptical at first, but now I get In-N-Out cravings-- Just order the Animal Style Grilled Cheese (not on the menu). It's simple- just a bun, tomatoes, pickles, cheese (you may have to ask for it) grilled onions, and their sauce, but it's yummmmy. You can also get the animal style fries (fries with cheese and onions on it). It's a LA staple, don't leave without trying it.

• Study Abroad

• heryanta's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: The Famous Burgers

by heryanta Written Jul 15, 2007

A very famous Californian fast food restaurant the In-n-Out Burger markets itself as a fast food restaurant that offers fresh ingredients. For example they like to point out that the french fries are from freshly cut potatoes and the burgers are cooked only after you order.

Another particularly special fact about In-n-Out is that they have a few items that are not available on their menu. For example the 'Animal' style burger and fries, in which the burger is cooked with mustard and grilled onion while the fries is fried also with onions and cheese. People who are on low-carb diet can also order 'Protein' in which the bun is removed from the order.

Overall a good fast-food chain; but it remains what it is: fast food = unhealthy :p

• In-n-Out Burger: When I dream, I dream in double double w/cheese

by LA2MA Written Jan 6, 2007

Yes, it is a drive-thru, yes it has a very limited menu. I grew up in Pasadena where one of the oldest drive-thru's still exist. Yet, here I am.....2,711 miles away in New England and man, when they say 'that's what a hamburger is all about', they're not kidding. Fresh made, fresh lettuce, that sauce, watching them make it happen for YOU. And there has to be a secret with that paper its folded in. They know you're in your car and they're making sure it stays clean while you devour simply the best hamburger in the universe. Go ahead, order your kobe burgers, I'm happy with my simple portal to food heaven. Every time I visit the motherland I go first to In-n-Out, then to family. Carry one on the plane and even the pilots will scream mutiny. If it is your first time, don't go animal. Go simple, then sally forth.

If you're within close distance, go get one and burp east for me.......

OH YEAH, always ask for a bumper sticker!

Favorite Dish: cheeseburger, no onions, extra cheese if you've got a minute. thanks.

*that toasted bun*

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: We don't have these in the Midwest...

by mwenn2100 Written May 27, 2006

I wish we had these in the Midwest, but I guess I'll just have to go back West when I get a craving. I am not a huge fast food fan, but that being said this really was one of the best fast food experiences I have ever had. How beautiful to walk into a burger joint and see 6 things on the menu... simplicity! Luckily, I was with someone who knew that there were things not on the menu. Yum... cheeseburger and animal style fries!! Everything tasted fresh and exactly how it was pictured on the signs (around here NOTHING looks as good as on the sign or is even remotely fresh)

Okay, I'll quit raving about a fast food burger joint, but seriously if you've never been to one... go at least once and remember to ask for your fries animal style!

Favorite Dish: cheeseburger and animal style fries.

• stacks's Profile Photo

In-n-Out Burger: Best fast food in the World!

by stacks Written Nov 22, 2005

Best burger in the world! Nothing is frozen, fresh cut fries, and fresh meat. If you ever drive by an In and Out make an immediate u-turn and get a burger, fries, and a shake! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

• In-n-Out Burger: That is one huge burger

by vegasbaby26 Written Oct 12, 2005

I again went here on the high expectations it seemed to have recieved. It was busy busy and the counter guy let me have a free drink but its really not that special and seems to live on reputation like many other places

Favorite Dish: I had the double double 'animal style' and holy moly was it huge but what else did i expect from a double double but due to near heat stroke I manages to only eat a but of it and was ill for the rest of the day. But I would go again and just get a normal burger

Instant Answers: Los Angeles