International House of Pancakes, Los Angeles

• Dabs's Profile Photo

International House of Pancakes: Big breakfasts

by Dabs Written Mar 14, 2005

IHOP

I LOVE breakfast food-pancakes, omelets, french toast-but rarely eat it at home. But when we travel in the US, I make sure to get to IHOP at least once for their awesome breakfasts. You can find IHOPs all throughout the US and a few in Canada in British Columbia.

We ate at two different IHOPs while in LA, one of them close to LAX, the other on the corner of Manchester and Hillcrest in Inglewood.

Most IHOPs can be spotted because of their blue pointy roof construction although some of the newer ones just incorporate the blue color into their decor.

Favorite Dish: Buttermilk pancakes are my favorite dish from IHOP, you can order them separately, a short stack is usually enough unless you are very hungry but they also come as a side dish for omelets and the new crepes.

I was a little disappointed with the ham and cheddar omelet I ordered at the one on Manchester (not very much filling) but it came with 3 buttermilk pancakes so I was more than satisfied.

On the second visit to the one near LAX I ordered bacon cheddar stuffed crepes which were delicious and came with 2 buttermilk pancakes, currently a special for only $5.99!

• SHAWNA20's Profile Photo

How much do you want to pay???

by SHAWNA20 Written Feb 12, 2003

While in LA, I ate mostly at IHOP!
    There were so many restaraunts to choose from, too confusing!
    Many places are very expensive, so stick to small.

A little extra, our first day in LA, we saw some guys dressed in black, with wires in their ears! A travel companion actually went up to them and asked them if the were FBI, they informed us they were secret service! They could have been pulling our legs, but you never know in the city of angels!

Favorite Dish: Not a big fan of Pancakes, so, I peiced together most meals.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

IHOP: Pancakes of Course!

by Donna_in_India Updated Apr 12, 2009

In the bushes outisde IHOP

IHOP - International House of Pancakes - has multiple locations across LA (across the country as well). Definitely one of my favorite places for a classic American breakfast (they also serve breakfast and dinner).

Choose from huge fluffy omelettes - including build your own, waffles, french toast, egg dishes, and crepes. But it's the pancakes I love - all kinds from chocolate chip to strawberry banana to blueberry. Plus your choice of several syrups.

Quality and service are pretty consistent at all IHOPS. And the unlimited hot coffee is good! A great place for breakfast or for an after midnight breakfast!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

IHOP: after a Disneyland Jaunt

by machomikemd Written Nov 21, 2009
    welcome

What to do after a tiring whole day fun and jaunt at Disneyland? what else but eat a hearty meal. Being so hungry means finding a good place and familiar place to eat nearby and whats more hearty meal than all day breakfast waffles and everything else of the renowned IHOP (International House of Pancakes). We have to thank enterpreneur Jerry Lapin of Los Angeles who founded this wonderful pancakes & breakfast & everything else diner cum restaurant in 1958.

Opens: Sunday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 7:00 a.m. to
    12:00 midnight.

Favorite Dish: what else but the good ole waffles (they did not have the name IHOP for nothing you know) of the buttermilk kind (i still prefer the original than ones with toppings) and whats more heartier meal than a 12 ounce T-Bone steak with rice and 3 eggs yum yum, my stomach is churning and to top it off with french crepes and a cup of capuccino, such pure indulgence (and more so since my friend is the one footing the bill) what more to ask for!

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Los Angeles

Comments

Hotels Near International House of Pancakes
3.5 out of 5 stars