Hollywood Walk of Fame, Los Angeles

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 60 Reviews

Hollywood Blvd & Vine St.

• Hollywood Walk of Fame
    by albaaust
    my kid brother now grown up
    by machomikemd
    Me and superman
    by poetjo
  • draguza's Profile Photo

by draguza Updated Dec 25, 2005

Walk of Fame

The Walk of Fame runs east to west on Hollywood Boulevard from Gower Street to La Brea Avenue, and north to south on Vine Street between Yucca Street and Sunset Boulevard. Created in 1958, the Walk of Fame has become a tribute to artists working within the entertainment industry

• Spa and Resort

• Lensmeister's Profile Photo

When you wish upon a star

by Lensmeister Written Dec 18, 2005
    ��Lensmeister

If you visit LA and you don't at least drive or walk along the walk of fame aka Hollywood Boulevard, then think you've missed the point.

They've cleaned up the seedier side of the street now and it's niccer than it was in 1995. Tinseltown it maybe ... but glitz and wonderful it isn't. Having said that the it is one of the MUST SEE's on anyones list to LA.

I have yet to find a cheap or free booklet of the walk of fame listing each and every star and where it is and why they got it etc. But I keep looking. (Anyone knowing of such a book can you let me know pleaseeeeeee).

From the Chienese Theatre, Ripley's Believe It Or Not to Fredericks of Hollywood. Hollywood Boulevard is a must see if only once. If you are driving there, there is a nice little parking place off the main road in Charokee Av I think .. but it's been a few years since I was there .

Enjoy, and when you stand on a star ... maybe ... just maybe your dreams can come true......

• Blatherwick's Profile Photo

by Blatherwick Written Oct 1, 2005
    Hollywood Walk of Fame

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street which is embedded with more than 2,000 five-pointed stars featuring the names of celebrities honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for their contributions to the entertainment industry. Each star consists of a pink star with the name of the honoree engraved in bronze, below which is a round bronze emblem indicating the category for which the honoree received the star. New stars are chosen from nominees, which are due on May 31 of each year. The Walk of Fame committee meets each June to selecte the honorees for the following year. Star ceremonies are open to the public and are emceed by Johnny Grant, Hollywood's Honorary Mayor.

• Chris_Louise's Profile Photo

Plenty Of Stars

by Chris_Louise Updated Sep 14, 2005

Jack Nicolson

Our expectations were let down here. Honestly, we thought it was going to be a lot more glamourous than what it was. The walk itself is located on Hollywood Boulevarde which itself wasnt glamourous at all. But the disappointing thing for us was that a lot of the stars were people we had never heard of. Some were B grade actors who starred in some trashy film years ago. Some were rich people who simply paid a price to be on one of the stars. Sometimes there would be 1 star with a name on it, then 4 blank, then 2 with names and a few more blank. It just didnt seem organised or special in any way. We cant imagine a real star even bothering going there to have their name placed on one. It was actually a little tacky.

It was also a little strange having a man with no legs and worn-out clothes crawling along polishing the stars throughout the day. We realise its probably a good thing that he has a job or an interest, but it wasnt the glamourous sight that we expected.

But, we were in Hollywood, so we ventured along the whole walk and took shots of the stars we knew and thought deserved to be there. I guess its another thing that you need to do if making the effort to go to LA, but you arent missing much if you cant make it to see them.

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Where the Walk of Fame starts

by spgood301 Updated Aug 29, 2005
    Hollywood Statue

It all begins at this beautiful statue, which epitomizes all of Hollywood's glitz and glamor. From this point, you start into the very heart of Hollywood. Remember, Hollywood Blvd is the only place where you look DOWN to see stars.

By the way, the first two stars on the Walk of Fame: the Beatles and Elvis Presley. You may have heard of them.

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Rock Walk

by yellowbell Updated Aug 29, 2005

Rock Walk

Bend down and measure up your hand with the handprints left by your favorite rock artists! I saw handprints of Van Halen, Def Leppard, and Aerosmith but not my favorite Bon Jovi! :-( I asked the store personnel why my favorite Bon Jovi was not included but they cannot answer my question. Tough luck for me!

These handprints lined the entrance of this guitar center. My companion bought her hard to find piano pieces in this store too!

• Music

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

by meteorologist1 Updated Aug 6, 2005

Steven Spielberg

Along Hollywood Blvd. you can see the names of famous Hollywood personnel (actors, actresses, directors, etc.). You want to take pictures with every single name you recognize, but you just can't. There are too many to see. It's as close to the stars as you can get - for most people...

Shown here: Steven Spielberg, famous film director and producer.

• kphstar's Profile Photo

Can I have you photo?

by kphstar Written Jul 4, 2005

He won't take a photo with me so I had to persuade him. And unlike him I won't shot like Storm Trooper. :P

Holleywood Boulevard has plenty of characters. So dodge the characters that you don't like and tip the ones you want a picture with.

Oh yeah don't forget to look down at the your feet to see the Stars.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

It goes on and on...

by HotRodEtte Written Jul 1, 2005

We parked for a decent price in a lot behind one of the many souvenir shops on Hollywood Boulevard. There we checked out hte shops and walked along the walk of fame. Naturally my sister had to pick out the star for her idol and hero, Drew Barrymore. Luckily she found it, as the walk goes on for blocks and blocks.

• WALK OF FAME

by sabsi Updated Jul 1, 2005

Kermit the Frog

Walk of Fame is one of Hollywood's most popular sights. It's basically a marble footpath with stars with the names of stars in them. We walked down the whole Walk of Fame searching for a special star (the one of Sophia Loren) so I probably saw all the stars there are on Hollywood Boulevard ;-)

It's fun --- at the beginning. After a while it gets a bit boring ... after all it's just names. Plus it doesn't help to make it more exciting to know that most of the people who have a star on Hollywood Blvd paid for it!

It seems as if most people just have a quick look at the Walk of Fame in the area around the Chinese Theatre which is probably enough. But we were so excited to be in Hollywood that we didn't care ;-)

More pics in my travelogue!

• IslandGirl10's Profile Photo

Anyone see Elton around?

by IslandGirl10 Updated Apr 26, 2005
    I knew I would find SOMETHING I liked! :p

OK, ok, I didn't just go to the Hollywood Walk of Fame just to see my favorite piano player's star, but it was nice it was there! This place gives new meaning to the words "tourist trap", but it is fun to find your star's star amongst all the other stars. We spent a lot of money here buying goodies for the family....very sure there are cheaper places, but since we didn't want to waste time, we chose to waste some money! The Galleria is a good place to go and have a bite to eat!

• Music

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 11, 2005
    Walk of Fame

With all the people crossing, we could not get a proper photo of the walk of fame, but we tried our best :-), it is really difficult to get the famous ones, but we got this one :-)

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Updated Mar 10, 2005

Hollywood Walk of Fame-Godzilla

Along this mile stretch of Hollywood Boulevard around Grauman's Chinese Theater lay a couple thousand pink stars embedded in gray terrazzo. The star contains one of five symbols to help identify the honoree: a motion picture camera, a television, a record, a radio microphone or theatrical masks.

The first stars were installed in 1960, I understand that the stars (or their movie studio) fronts the cost for the placement of the star after they have been selected to receive a star. Among the honorees are at least two dogs-Rin Tin Tin and Lassie and at least two fictional characters-Big Bird from Sesame Street and Godzilla. Most celebrities show up for the installation of their star although I'm inclined to believe that Godzilla was a no show.

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo

Starstruck!

by Yasmine03 Updated Mar 7, 2005

Stars, stars everywhere!

Come to the Walk Of Fame to witness and relive the glory of Hollywood. Forget about catching a glimpse of those celebrities but to feel where it all started makes it worthwhile to be here.

The Walk of Fame is a tribute to the Hollywood stars of today and yesterday. It is lined on both sides of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street. The stars are honoured according to 5 different categories (emblems) i.e. motion pictures-MP, television-TV, radio recording-Rec and live theatre-LT.

• Business Travel

• wkcsmt's Profile Photo

by wkcsmt Updated Jan 3, 2005

Mickey's Star

The world's most famous sidewalks and Hollywood's most widely seen tourist attractions.

The bronze stars, embedded in pink terrazzo and surrounded by charcoal terrazzo squares, come in 5 categories in the fields of motion pictures, television, radio, recording & live theater.

Have fun finding your favourites!

Instant Answers: Los Angeles

Comments

Hotels Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
3.0 out of 5 stars