The Grove, Los Angeles

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

189 The Grove Drive 323-900-8080

• little bridge at scenic Grove center, Los Angeles
    little bridge at scenic Grove center,...
    Grove center patrons, Los Angeles
    by marinarena
  • entertaining shopping mecca, Grove center, L.A.
    entertaining shopping mecca, Grove...
  • marinarena's Profile Photo

Go to the Grove, Unique or not !

by marinarena Updated Feb 27, 2013

The Grove, Los Angeles

Ah, the Grove! Its slogan is "Unique, like you" Hmmm... not to criticize so much, I say it's too city planned to be unique in the true sense of the word. Better put, this place is absolutely trendy. This is a must-stop for shopping and dining upscale trends- as well as possible celeb sighting, basic people watching, occasional outdoor concerts and movie going.

When I came here for the first time, it was for the grand opening day, back in February 2002. The atmosphere was- well, chaotic! It reminded me of Disneyland in the summer! Still, with patience as my saving grace, it was well worth the commotion.

The Grove is a nice place to go for a stroll, perhaps with the family or for a first date.Entertainment at the Grove includes dancing water fountains and pond area (one of the best landscaped in the city), a free trolley and beautiful, ultra hi-tech Grove cinemas.

In the summer, The Grove has been host to outdoor concerts of some fairly well known artists. Catch the schedule of events on the official website all throughout the year to know what's going on!

Warning: The issue of parking here is a big deal! At peak times, it is an absolute nightmare to find a space--forget finding it quickly. The multi-tiered parking structure, the main parking area, gets highly congested and can be very costly if not validated.

There are several deals for Grove visitors, including dinner+movie+ parking packages. Check the on-site oncierge for details.

• Architecture
    • Women's Travel

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Eat, Shop, & Be Entertained at The Grove

by Donna_in_India Updated Apr 11, 2009

Located next to the Famers Market, The Grove is a huge open-air marketplace. There area dozens of shops (everything from Abercrombie & Fitch to Baby Gap to Nordstrom to various boutiques) as well as various world cuisines including French, Italian, and American.

The Grove has choreographed fountains (really nice at night) and hosts free live concerts in the park and also special events. (See the website for further information.) While we were there we browsed the stores and caught a movie at the Pacific 14 Theatres (323-692-0829).

This is a very nice place to have dinner or sit at a patio table enjoying a drink and people watching.

Parking: Self parking may be accessed from either Fairfax Ave or The Grove Dr. between Beverly and 3rd Street.

HOURS
    Mon. - Thurs.: 10 am - 9 pm
    Fri. - Sat.: 10 am - 10 pm
    Sun.: 11 am - 8 pm

• earth2eartha's Profile Photo

The Grove in LA

by earth2eartha Written Apr 11, 2013

The Grove is hands down, my favorite spot in Los Angeles. It is basically just an open air mall, but it's so beautiful and you bump into so many celebrities (it's right next to CBS studios). It has such a relaxing atmosphere, they have a beautiful dancing fountain, and at night, the lights all over the place makes you feel like you're transported away from the busy city.
    Oh and don't even get me started on Christmas... My goodness it's like the North Pole threw up all over it... bright lights, santa flying over the sky, a big christmas tree - and SNOW!
    It's very small too, so it's not overwhelming. If you are visiting LA, you MUST have lunch or dinner at The Grove, or just walk around, have a sprinkles cupcake! You must not miss it! :)

• Photography

• Car broken into at The Grove parking garage

by Cynthia411 Written Feb 18, 2014

Am I the only one who has been robbed here at The Grove's parking garage??? Or are those reviews taken out by the moderator? My very first trip to Los Angeles, CA AND MY LAST! I was looking forward to enjoying the warm weather and some of the sites, mainly here to go on The Price is Right, whose site tells you to park at The Grove. My chances would have been better in an alley somewhere. I know crime happens everywhere, but I still find it very hard to fathom how such an "upscale" garage and property with cameras everywhere failed to catch and detain the thief. This isn't just any robbery, the bag with my cell phones (only communication to back home and only wi-fi I had, along with precious memories of my children stored on them, MY VITAL MEDICATION (high blood pressure, antidepressants, anxiety, and ADHD treatment- ALL GONE). I had to go almost a week without medicine that I MUST TAKE every day, and in such a situation that would drive the most calm person insane with anxiety and frustration. Of course my health insurance card, children's social security cards, debit cards (not like I could call right away to report them as phone was stolen), among other personal and precious items. Garage security was able to see me when I approached the car, and even left a note on my car about the damages, yet they couldn't get the criminal? They even told me they had his face on surveillance and the whole act recorded...then WTF? To top it off, I waited for police that they said were coming, and back and forth from concierge to the scene of the crime saw the police there, but they were helping this lady who (after my incident), was walking and proceeded to drive drunk (we all watched her hit the car next to her), and she starts crying (like I wasn't and I was a victim) AND LAPD let her go!! They even called her friend to pick her up! Then, seeing that police were leaving, I asked them what about my report, and the officer replied "oh, you have to go to the station to file a report". Then, once at the Wilshire station, a very nonchalant officer grudgingly took the report and wouldn't let me make ONE PHONE CALL because it was long distance! Well, that was my home. I wish I had never come to this God-forsaken city, not only that but when I saw what happened to my car I pleaded, crying to a passer by to please use his cell phone. He said he didn't have one and quickly walked away. Without my medication, I fell sick, dizzy with a horrible headache, swollen from the blood pressure, exhausted and eventually into a nervous breakdown. I ended up in an ER at an LA hospital that I can't say much for. Without my ID they presumed I was homeless (even though I showed them the police report). The airline agreed to delay my flight. I COULD NOT WAIT TO GET HOME. Extremely bad, everlasting first and last impression of LA. I am glad to be back to the Northeast U.S. where it is nice and safe- that's right, I said it. After that life changing ordeal (still recovering, sleep paralysis and nightmares), I conclude I would have felt safer in a war zone.HORRIBLE AND NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

• pamychan's Profile Photo

The Grove

by pamychan Written Dec 10, 2006

I fell in love with this place the first time i came here. Its basically a shopping street with the normal shops, with small stalls on the sidewalk selling different stuff. It actually reminds me of the aircon street in Bugis in Singapore but much nicer and longer. There's a free cute tram plying the whole street thats lighted up beautifully at nite. There's a cinema also and some restaurants where u can dine al fresco and watch the ppl walk by. In the midst of it all, there's a nice fountain.

Since we drove on our recent trip, we got the chance to see the parking lot. It was the coolest parking lot i've ever seen. Ok maybe its just me being a "mountain tortise", but it was so beautiful! The entrance to the lot even had a huge sofa in the middle of it. What it's for i dont know but it just looks nice.

True, it may feel a little fake and made up, but the atmosphere and feel of the place is just so nice. Especially at night with the amber lighting and the lighted fountains, its such a romantic atmosphere!

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Los Angeles

Comments

Hotels Near The Grove
4.0 out of 5 stars