Celebrity spotting, Los Angeles

Know about this?

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Celebrity spotting

by Dabs Updated Nov 25, 2012

I think there's a belief when people travel to LA that the city is teeming with celebrities and that you are sure to bump into one or two during your visit. I'm not celebrity crazy although I wouldn't complain should I spot Orlando Bloom or Viggo Mortensen (and I would like to personally thank Peter Jackson for casting them both in three epic 4 hour movies).

I have been to Los Angeles many times over the years and granted, I have not been searching for celebrities but until my October 2006 trip not once did I spot even a minor celebrity unless you count the taping of the Tonight Show we went to see. And even then it was only Doogie Howser (Neil Patrick Harris) and Motorhead.

Finally in October 2006, I was walking through the Grove shopping complex near the Farmers Market and I heard this familiar voice and I turned around to spot Jerry Stiller, best known as George Costanza's father on "Seinfeld" and his wife Anne Meara. About time!!!

In October 2007, I'm pretty sure I saw Paul Giamatti at the Farmer's Market but I was trying not to stare. In December 2010 I got to see part of "Extra" taping at the Grove, Mario Lopez is a celebrity still, I think...In October 2012, I saw Steve Carrell while out trick or treating with a friend's kids. But a visit to Bar Marmont, which I was sure was teeming with all kinds of celebrities? Not even a D lister!

• karin1972's Profile Photo

Map of Stars' Homes

by karin1972 Written Jun 22, 2005

Now I know... driving on Sunset Blvd. and seeing a man holding a sign offering to sell you a map to stars' homes, can be quite alluring-- but tourist beware!! Do you really think A-List stars would provide their addresses for all who desire to drive-by and possibley get a glimpse of them bathing in the nude mid-day? Even if the address on the map is in the vicinity of their home, do you think you would even be able to get close-enough to see anything worthwhile? You are much more likely to run into Ozzy Osbourne or Madonna going to the supermarket in Malibu or in Pacific Palisades, etc.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles