Greyhound Buses, Los Angeles

Know about this? Rate It!

Greyhound Bus Garages at LA Terminal
    Food Concession at LA Greyhound Terminal
    LA Greyhound Terminal
  • RJ1967's Profile Photo

Greyhound

by RJ1967 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The first time I was ever at the Los Angeles Greyhound station was August 2003. I prepaid for my ticket at home in Colorado and was told to pick it up at the LA station an hour before departure. I was glad to see a seperate line for will call, as I was a bit late and the regular line had abt 10 ppl in it.

As for the station itself - it was a DUMP. By far the worst one I have been to (I have been to abt 10 stations in Southwestern US.) I highly recommend you NEVER take you eye off your bag. The people in the station were abt as dodgy as the station itself.

*If you are going to/from Union Station (where the metro rail and Amtrak are) you'll need to take a cab. I took the LAX shuttle between the two for $7.

• atufft's Profile Photo

LA's Main Greyhound Bus Terminal

by atufft Written Mar 10, 2008

Greyhound doesn't have the best of reputations, and I was led to believe that the main LA terminal at 1716 E 7th Street, could be among the worst for being a place of bums and winos. The location of the terminal, just off I-5 and not far from Japantown, is actually pretty good, although I wouldn't spent time in this particular area after dark. The terminal garages and passenger service areas are probably the biggest on the west coast of the USA, and have been impressively redesigned to include surprisingly clean facilities for food concessions, bathrooms, and ticket counters. Unlike my boarding experience in Stockton earlier in the day, boarding a bus in LA means having TSA security grope through your carry-on baggage and wave a wand over your body. For the best price break on Greyhound, go online and make your ticket purchase at least 7 days in advance.

Arrivals and Departurs at LA Greyhound Food Concession at LA Greyhound Terminal LA Greyhound Terminal E 7th Street LA Greyhound Terminal Greyhound Bus Garages at LA Terminal
    • Singles