Super Shuttle, Los Angeles

Know about this? Rate It!

• alayna28's Profile Photo

Shuttle 2 LAX

by alayna28 Updated Jun 8, 2011

I used Shuttle to LAX because of the cheap prices, I was a little skeptical but everything came out great. It was only $20, they picked me up at my house, had to pick up several others, but we made it to the airport with time to spare. It was a great shuttle experience.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Trains

• alayna28's Profile Photo

Prime Time Shuttle in Los Angeles

by alayna28 Written May 9, 2011

I ended up using prime time shuttle while I was in Los Angeles last weekend. Everything developed swiftly. I was picked up from LAX on time and I was taken to Downtown Disney timely. I had several bags of luggage and they adjusted greatly. Overall, a pleasant transportation experience.

• Eco-Tourism

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Super Shuttle (hmm)

by Agraichen Written Oct 13, 2010

Super Suttle (Big Blue) is probably good at moving people but BEWARE of moving luggage. If you are tired from a long distance flight be certain you take time to ensure ALL of your bags are accounted for.

I didn't and I'm paying the price of the loss of multiple computers and electronic equipment as Super Suttle's Lost and Found is quite LOST. I actually visited the Lost and Found office in Torrence CA since I could not get them to answer a phone. I found a "plesant" young lady sitting at a desk that had no clue about my issue. All she could do was to call the driver and ask if he had any left over luggage. Hmmm...

Guess who I'm not going to use again.

• DueSer's Profile Photo

To and From LAX

by DueSer Updated Sep 16, 2009

I think the hardest part of any journey is getting in from the airport and then back to it when it's time to go home. Some places make it so simple (Sydney! Amsterdam!) and others make it SUCH a pain in the tuchas (I'm lookin' at you, Toronto) so I thought I'd share my experiences in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, I can save you a little pain and frustration (and maybe even money:-)) when you fly into LAX.

LAX is not the greatest airport in the world (not that I've been to every single airport but of the ones I've been to, I think Schipol, Denver, and Minneapolis are probably the best all-around airports) but some people, the way they talk about LAX, make it out to be one of Dante's levels of Hell and I certainly don't think that's the case. I have been more uncomfortable at other airports but I've also had better experiences too. But, like it or not, this is my home airport. As for getting there and home, my options tend to be my best friend, Joy or my mother but obviously, yours are different. Here's what you should know about LAX:

(Bear in mind that I LOATHE taking cabs. I'm always on a tight budget and this seems to be the most expensive option.)

First of all - the terminals are all separate buildings but you CAN walk from one terminal to another so if you're transferring, you don't necessarily need to get a shuttle but there is one if you need it. The traffic can be insane though, so if you walk, always be aware of where you're walking and don't even attempt to jaywalk, there may be no survivors.

Now, getting to and from the airport - besides cabs and hotel pick-up service, there are a few options.

Rumor has it the Metro (our semi-lame subway system) will some day go all the way to the airport, to which I respond, "Well, duh." I'm not sure who was the Einstein who thought it would be okay to build a metro line in the general direction of the airport but then have it stop a few blocks short but whatever. If you want to get to the Metro, LAX does provide a shuttle over to the station. This is what we're stuck with until that magical day arrives when they lengthen the tracks. So, if it is 2015 and you're reading this, well, check into the Metro option.

Other than that, there is the shuttle system. Now this is different from a hotel-sponsored (or Disneyland-sponsored) shuttle. Think of it as a sort of hybrid between a cab and a bus. Mini-vans with company names like PrimeTime Shuttle or SuperShuttle (a Google search will bring up a number of the different companies) offer to pick you up at LAX and drive you to any address in the LA/Orange County area (maybe even further, I'm not sure) and they will also take you from any address back to LAX. They charge reasonable prices and will get your arrival or departure info so they are certain to be there when you're ready to go. The only bad thing about this is that, because it's a mini-van, you aren't going to be their only passenger (this is where the bus-like qualities come in). They can hold around 10 people and they drop off their passengers in order of closest first. So, if you're headed from LAX to Long Beach, for example, you could be sitting for quite a while as they drop off people in Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance...you get the idea. But, like I said, reasonable prices, and at least you're not the one driving the freeways. You can just sit back and relax. You can make reservations but you can also wait until you arrive and go out right outside the airport and find one of these shuttles and they'll usually make room for you, if not on the first shuttle you come across then another one (they're always plentiful around LAX)

Another option is a shuttle service that runs from LAX to Union Station, called the "Flyaway" bus. This is a new and excellent option. The prices are very reasonable and once you get to Union Station, you can get to just about anywhere you need to go via the subway or train system. These shuttles run frequently. This is their website:

The only disadvantage to this option is that if you're arriving at LAX and are going to Santa Monica, for example, going to Union Station (the opposite direction) really isn't going to help you. If that is the case for you, here's the website for the LA public transportation system. This also includes the subways. This site is handy because it'll help you plan your route (whether you're using buses or subways) and tell you how long it is likely to take.

www.metro.net/

This is the website for the airport in general for other questions you might have:

Another thing to bear in mind is that the main street out of LAX - Century Blvd. - is NOT a nice neighborhood (girlie bars, etc) so walking anywhere East of LAX is not recommended.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle

by GracesTrips Written May 5, 2008

More cost effective than using a taxi is using the airport shuttle. There are several but the two main shuttles servicing LAX is Super Shuttle and Prime Time. They are extra large vans that will carry 2-6 passengers and bring you to the airport or take you to a doorstep. So, the stops will vary depending on the number of passengers. You can see what the cost is in advance and you make your reservations on line. Make sure to print out your confirmation. They do not always have their information updated.

Super Shuttle http://www.supershuttle.com/

Prime Time http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/SoCal.htm

• VdV's Profile Photo

Rapid bus transport between LA & San Francisco

by VdV Updated Jul 18, 2007

I have to confess that I have not yet used this service, but plan to sometime soon. This "luxury" shuttle bus between LA and SF sounds like a great alternative to flying. Indeed, my last two flights between LA and SF involved delays of approximately 2 hrs. each way, and when you figure in having to get to each airport at least 60-90 minutes before your flight, a one-hour one-way trip is fast becoming a half-day affair given all the airport hassles.

California Shuttle Bus provides rapid bus service (one 15-minute rest stop at the halfway point) between LA and San Francisco for a mere $45 each way. An extra $15 for "luxury" will enable you to ensure that the seat next to you remains empty (a real luxury on airplanes and most buses these days!)

The buses leave each city every day at 1:00 pm and arrive between 7pm and 8pm, avoiding peak traffic hours in each city. There are various drop-off points listed on the website.

I will update this tip after I experience it first-hand, but wanted to share it with all of you since it seems like a good deal, with good service (read the LA Times article on the website).

If anyone uses this service before I do, please post a tip describing your experience.

Happy Travels!

• Seniors

• tomruth78's Profile Photo

Super Shuttle Airport Transfer

by tomruth78 Written Nov 28, 2006

We prebooked our airport transfer to Downtown from LA International. We paid $15 each.

The pick up was a bit disorangised and is on a first come first served, and that is only when the shuttle bus arrives which is serving the area you are going to.

However, as we landed late afternoon we hit rush hour traffic, so knowing that our journey was already paid for we didn't have to worry about charges you would get in a taxi.

• Business Travel

• LAX to LA

by stardude82 Written Jul 13, 2006

Traveling from LAX to the rest of LA without renting a car sort of has a tiered approach:

1) Taxi cabs: take you anywhere for a price with no prior arrangement. In world terms, LA cabs are about average priced but distances are further.

2) Prearranged limousine services: are actually cheaper for longer distances than cabs since they rent by the hour.

3) Super Shuttle or like service: are generally great deals if you hate public transportation. $15 gets you anywhere in LA reasonably quick. Pre-arranging them helps, but if you travel in a small group, you’ll find one going your way shortly after setting foot on the white zone.

4) Flyaway Busses: big busses which take you to non-stop places like Union Station and Van Nuys fast for a song (6 buck RT). Leave every half-hour to hour. There are also ones which go to other places like Anaheim, Santa Barbara and Bakersfield.

5) MTA, etc.: you need a shuttle bus to the bus terminal or Green Line rail station which might take a while but doesn't cost you anything. From the Green Line to downtown is about 40 minutes and a line switch. There is also an express Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica) which from LAX to Santa Monica on surface streets.

6) Hitch-Hiking: never tried but there are a lot of cars which go through.

• Business Travel

• RinaNeo's Profile Photo

Get ur pick up shuttle when you arrive.

by RinaNeo Written Jun 21, 2005

LAX shuttle bus stand

It's cheaper to book this shuttle buses when you arrive at LAX . Booking over the Internet caused more. We paid USD 37 bucks from LAX to the hotel in Anaheim, near Disneyland.

Just wait at the many shuttle bus stand, you won't miss the huge sign....

I am waiting for the shuttle in this picture. Only problem is that the shuttle bus goes around the LAX airport picking up other passengers and try to fill up every seat. We spent about 20 mins just circling around the airport. And if the place you're going is the furthest among all the passengers, be prepared to spend more time in the shuttle coz they will be dropping other passengers first.

• School Holidays
    • Work Abroad

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Prime Time is On Time

by SFHulaGIrl Written Oct 25, 2004

Prime Time is one of the many shuttles that provides transportation to/from LAX. Fares from LAX to Hollywood are $24/per person, plus $10 per each additional person. Fares from LAX to downtown L.A. are $14/per person. If you book online, you'll get a slightly lower fare. And believe it or not, they were there within the time frame that they'd promised!

• Singles

• Turnkey's Profile Photo

Pick your favorite way to get...

by Turnkey Written Aug 26, 2002

Pick your favorite way to get here. If you fly into LAX, however, I don't suggest you attempt to drive directly from the airport. Try to get a shuttle out to a rental agency. Even locals avoid the airport traffic at all cost.
    You need a car. As the wise say, nobody walks in L.A.

• fabrice's Profile Photo

this is what I did as soon as...

by fabrice Written Aug 24, 2002

this is what I did as soon as I arrived at the airport;I went outside where there is an attendant with a red shirt for prime time shuttles;I asked for a drive to hollywood,and the driver went inside my hostel and the hostel paid;to return back to the airport,I booked the shuttle which waited for me at 5.20 am in front of the hostel,and it cost me 11 $ to reach the airport

• I found that the shuttle...

by Wenona Updated Aug 24, 2002

I found that the shuttle express services were brilliant, I would definately use them again. I arranged for them to pick me up from the airport and drop me back again when it was time to go. It cost me $19 each way.
    Well the best way to travel will have to be by car. but if you can't afford to hire or you can not drive the next best thing is the bus. Two weeks wasn't really enough time to get use to the routes. But if I was to go back there again, I will be able to see a lot more. I travelled on bus 1 or 1A which took you from long beach, seal beach, sunset beach, huntington beach, Laguna, Newport all the way down to san clemente. In between these stops they have transportaion centres, where you can pick up buses for connected routes.
    If you plan to do a lot of travelling on the bus, the best thing for you to do is to buy a day pass for $2.50 which will take you anywhere in the orange county. If you need to take the train you have to pay extra. You buy the day passes on the bus. On the buses they provide bus routes of times and where they go and stop e.t.c it's free to take with you. Here is a sample bus ticket. The bus route book also has a route map to make your journey easier.
    If you are not driving what I found helpfull was just riding a bus to the end of its stop. That way you might find somethng that wil interest you.

Instant Answers: Los Angeles