Car Rentals, Los Angeles

Know about this?

• I"ve rented a Mercedes Benz from All States Car Re

by Davidson-J Written Apr 25, 2011
    my farm in Alexandria:

I usually rent from big places, until this time I booked my hotel HOLIDAY INN on Century Blvd. and saw All States Car Rental right there in front, I've rented a Mercedes Benz and I am definitely sticking with them, I love this place and had great experience the first time around with Global All States Car Rental these guys were professional and AFFORDABLE! fantastic service and amazing selection of vehicles, I think All States Car Rental stands out from all other Car Rentals company that I have used because they make their return customers fell extra special.
    Justin Davidson:

• Zoo
    • Sky Diving

• me and my family r happy renting a car with All St

by Marianaorto Updated Mar 15, 2011

We will definitely rent from All States Car Rental on our next trip to Los Angeles, they are really close to the LAX airport and easy to transfer from LAX to counter. my company suggested me All States C. R. I think they were right. we rented a minivan with tv DVD, drove very nicely. and had no problems! service reps were super nice and helpful, the only reason they are getting 4 stars is because the parking entrance a little confusing! they are located at the La Quinta Inn& suites, nothing major wrong. but everything went smoothly, same on the return no line prompt check in. I will rent from all states car rental again.
    Mariana porto:

• Religious Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

An F for LA

by Mr.Sparkle Written Feb 19, 2011

LA has the worst public transportation of any city the world over. The subway covers little of where you'll need or want to go, the buses take forever and the price is too high.

Seriously, I've waited for an hour for buses at rush hour.

Most buses and all lines on the subway won't let your transfer. that's right! if you need to transfer to another line on the subway you have to buy a new ticket. how's that for a kick in the pants?

• Mathewaol55's Profile Photo

Overall, everything was really good,

by Mathewaol55 Written Feb 10, 2011

Review by mathew Suckson

Date of review 2011-02-10 02:31:03
    All States Car Rental give me good deal & extra 10% aaa discount, my car was not all the way cleaned inside l found some items in the back on the floor. not a biggiee. but No hidden fee or charges! they are a privately owned exelente local business, great prompt service, the staff very nice, friendly and helpful, Overall, everything was really good, my experience fine; I was in and out quickly. and as far as convenience goes and the price was right! bring your proof of insurance card f u want 2 avoid their insurance, also f u r under 25 they charge u $5.00 a day, Would I go back? 4 SURE. they were nice and helpful n it's nice to help out a local business.

• Adventure Travel

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Super Shuttle (hmm)

by Agraichen Updated Oct 13, 2010

Super Suttle (Big Blue) is probably good at moving people but BEWARE of moving luggage. If you are tired from a long distance flight be certain you take time to ensure ALL of your bags are accounted for.

I didn't and I'm paying the price of the loss of multiple computers and electronic equipment as Super Suttle's Lost and Found is quite LOST. I actually visited the Lost and Found office in Torrence CA since I could not get them to answer a phone. I found a "pleasant" young lady sitting at a desk that had no clue about my issue. All she could do was to call the driver and ask if he had any left over luggage. Hmmm...

Needless to say I'm out af few thousand that my insurance company will cover part of..

Guess who I'm not going to use again.

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Rent 4 Less

by onestepaway Written Jun 7, 2007

I havent rented a car in a long time. I felt this place was very shady. The first guy we spoke to acted like he was new, but during our time there we discovered he has been there for awhile. He tried to get us to take their insurance for the car, which is why I contacted my insurance company while I was there, he already started the contract but I didnt want their insurance. I f you have full coverage then you dont need their insurance. Then they offered roadside assistance, which is how they get more money, we were in LA, so i opted for it. $3.00 a day. But the thing I didnt like is they run your credit card for two seperate charges, one for the car charge and one for the deposit. Make sure you understand this, they will hold $250.00 of your money for up to two weeks after you return your rental. It take less time but that still sucks.
    Both drivers were so nice to and from the airport.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Thanks for the upgrade!

by Dabs Written Mar 15, 2005

On my last two trips our rental car was upgraded from an intermediate, in one case to a minivan which was welcomed since we had two kids and two adults plus two more adults on a couple of occasions.

On my most recent trip they gave me an SUV which was not welcome. After checking out the Beast, I went back into the office and begged them to please give me something smaller. I'm not used to driving big cars, I didn't want to pay for the gas and I didn't relish the idea of grandma having to get herself in and out of the beast. We finally settled on a PT Cruiser which I eventually got used to.

I think the LA airport rents a lot of family friendly vehicles, minivans and SUVs, and most business people want regular size cars. I did see plenty of 4 door options as I was going through the garage, not sure why I couldn't have one of those but I suspect the higher paying business customers get first crack at them.

• califuberalles's Profile Photo

Avoid Advantage Car Rental "at" LAX

by califuberalles Written Oct 28, 2004

I rented a car through Advantage Car Rental "at" Los Angeles Airport (LAX). The rates were cheap... but was I in for one of the worst days of my life.

First of all, Advantage IS NOT at the aiport; while technically no car rental company is "at" the airport, they are within really close proximity. Advantage is not... you have to take a shuttle for at least a half-hour ride to their "off-site" location. This, in itself, was a challange as the shuttle did not run often enough to pick up its full share of passengers; you had to fight for your place on the van (even if you were there first).

Next came the long, long line. It took an extreme amount of time for the line to move. During this whole time, I should have learned my lesson while listening to all the people who returned vehicles complain about one thing or another... let alone the fact that the shuttle back to the airport couldn't fit everyone (and at some point was going nowhere as the driver was on lunch break). I am certain that a few folks missed their flights.

Once I got to the front of the line there was the inevitable, "you can upgrade to thus and such car for.... " (which was actually a bad deal). I paid for my rental, and the rental lady said to wait outside at the curb as she went for the car. We went outside to the curb and waited.... and waited.... and waited. After about 20 minutes I went inside to ask if anyone knew where the rental lady was (nobody knew). After about another 20 minutes she finally pulled-up telling us that she had to top-off the gas and get the car washed.

Don't rent here unless you want trouble.

• Travel_Kiwi's Profile Photo

Rental Cars: Do not rent from...

by Travel_Kiwi Written Aug 26, 2002

Rental Cars: Do not rent from Allstate Rental Cars in LA. They are crap! They are cheap, but the cars are not fit for the road. We had so many problems, it ended up costing us more time than it was worth. I told them I would never use them again! They should be closed down!

• nathiundkari's Profile Photo

If you are gonna book a camper...

by nathiundkari Written Aug 26, 2002

If you are gonna book a camper or an RV, don't book at Cruise America. We made some bad experiences!!!
    We would prefer El Monte, which has a good service and friendly staff :-)

Instant Answers: Los Angeles