Know about this?
Even though they try to fence of the worst areas, this is still a very active area with tar seeping thru the grass areas. We encountered several areas, so something to think about when you exploring the areas that are not on the paths provided.
My son almost stepped in the tar that was seeping thru by the outside art exhibit.
Are the asphalt seeps restricted to the pits in Hancock Park?
Although large quantities of asphalt seeps up in the former excavation pits, visitors can also observe asphalt seeping onto the surface of the ground outside the fenced areas. In fact, asphalt seepage is not restricted to Hancock Park. For several blocks in all directions, asphalt has been found seeping onto surface streets, into sewers, and under buildings.http://www.tarpits.org/visit/faqs
5801 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Historical Travel
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Garrapata State Park Hotels
- Williamsburg Hotels
- Nagarkot Hotels
- North America
- Bradford Hotels
- Ko Samui Warnings and Dangers
- Kuala Lumpur Warnings and Dangers
- San Francisco Warnings and Dangers
- Ukraine Warnings and Dangers
- Marrakesh Warnings and Dangers
- Charleston Warnings and Dangers
- U. S. Virgin Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Lucia Warnings and Dangers
- Dubai Warnings and Dangers
- Oman Warnings and Dangers
- Odessa Warnings and Dangers
- Florence Warnings and Dangers